BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

08-14-2024, 05:21 AM   #1
Hogansalley1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mercedes c class

640D M sport - what to look for

Hi All,

New to the forum as im on the look out for a 640d M sport, been wanting one for a while and decided its now time

looking for a model between 2012 - 2015 with as low as mileage as poss, i do about 15k a year and usually keep my cars for about 3 or 4 years

Is there anything i need to specifically look for, any issues that are a no no with this particular model

Thanks in advance for any assistance
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2024, 03:21 PM   #2
John H.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G15

With the exception of engine, there are similarities with my previous 2014 F10 535i xDrive. First, I would suggest having the car looked over by a trained tech. Pay particular attention to suspension. Struts, CV axles, wheel bearings, and rubber mounts should be looked at.

Some interior parts are coated with a film/skin. This film deteriorates over time, from weathering and/or wear. Parts in particular are the door handles and air vents. Affordable aftermarket parts available. Replacement is fairly easy.

I am all too familiar with your roads, having spent several years out that way. Those back roads can be challenging, and brutal on the vehicle. Narrow bridges, sheep traffic jams, mist, cross bulls, I've encountered them all. There is a reason why the world's best rally drivers come from your country.

Also, you may want to see what info is available at 6post.

Cheers!

Last edited by John H.; 08-15-2024 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: Added info.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2024, 03:03 AM   #3
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogansalley1 View Post
Hi All,

New to the forum as im on the look out for a 640d M sport, been wanting one for a while and decided its now time

looking for a model between 2012 - 2015 with as low as mileage as poss, i do about 15k a year and usually keep my cars for about 3 or 4 years

Is there anything i need to specifically look for, any issues that are a no no with this particular model

Thanks in advance for any assistance
consider either 840d or 640d g32