BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: Am I a coward?
Yes 25 47.17%
No 28 52.83%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

02-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #23
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

how does someone stay in 3-4 years and not get a single award?

I was put in for a MSM and received an arcom when I was just an E3
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #24
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Forged, you make some good posts that's right up my alley about women...but if you can't handle a few words some dude say about you on the internet you ain't gonna last long...

move on, there are finer things in life than worrying about what someone say about you or think of you

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #25
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: Nike shoe

are you related to sara?

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 08:52 AM   #26
JME
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_mega View Post
how does someone stay in 3-4 years and not get a single award?

I was put in for a MSM and received an arcom when I was just an E3
Non-combat awards are given completely arbitrarily. I saw an E-2 who had just been busted down from E-3 get a NCM for standing under instruction watch while we were in the launch basket. Later that year I wanted to give my best E-6 a NCM as an end of tour, which was something he rightfully deserved, yet the captain's argument was that he could not give an E-6 the same end of tour award as the department head that was doing what I would consider a "bare minimum effort" job.

Personally I think any non-meritorious award is bullshit. I didn't say end of tour, because some of those are well deserved. They should be the exception, however, not the rule.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #27
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

when I was in, arcoms were rare, at least in the units I served in

my point still stands, how does someone get to be an e4 without a single award, they give them away when you leave a unit unless you were a total screw up
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #28
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport

[limited_slip = Ignored] Done and done. Don't feed the trolls.

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #29
H2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited_slip View Post
Well said! x1000 can't agree even more. did you attend the hudson insitute of technology or did you attend another academy?
I attended the one on the hudson. Lots of fun and great education.
      02-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #30
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Cool

limited_slip sounds like a bitch.

But Forged (and I think you're cool), stop crying.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #31
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

lol...fork.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #32
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Well said! x1000 can't agree even more. did you attend the hudson insitute of technology or did you attend another academy?

This was well said too, and it applies directly to people like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 View Post
Also, if you haven't served in the military you lack some degree of credibility concerning military topics (sort of like a football commentator who never played organized football or a business major heading up an engineering company).
You don't have a clue about how the military works, and it's painfully obivous by some of your posts. You should refrain from posting on the subject in the future so you don't expose your ignorance.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #33
noire07
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
That is my point exactly and the kid got all defensive. when you PCS or ETS you at least get a AAM (at a minimum) unless you are a dirt bag

The cadet was prior service and apparently was an E-5 prior to ROTC. He spent 4 years in the army and he has no awards whatsoever beside the FREEBIE/AUTOMATIC awards that were given.

Fine...he has no awards. no big deal. However, what I am upset about is that this fork kid or whatever his name is thinks that he is "all bad ass" and "all trying to hunt terrorist and be a superhero."

He thinks he is rambo. his has an ego and he needs some serious reality check and some personal self assessment/reflection.
In the Reserves its slightly different. Almost all award recommendations get shot down, and only a few will actually get the awards that they were put in for. So there is a possibility that a decent soldier could go 4-5 years without receiving any type of award. Plus the only opportunity a reservist has to be recommended for an award is annual training. During my initial deployment in 2004, only half of the company got AAMs and ARCOMs, the other half only got a certificate of achievement (and those who didn't deserve anything got nothing). A worthless piece of paper for a year in convoying through the sunni triangle.

Regardless of component, branch, or enlisted/officer, theres always going to be those captain america types and its just best to just ignore their egos.
2007 328xi E90..Jet Black..Black Dakota Leather..Premium.Sport.CW..19" Staggered Gunmetal VMR v710..Blk Grills..Blacklines..LED Interior lights..OEM Spoiler..RR CDV..OEM Strut Bar..UUC SwayBarbarian Swaybars..H&R Coilovers..330i SSK..3 Stage Intake Manifold..BMW Performance Intake + Exhaust + Steering Wheel..PBX..V1 Hardwire..GPS Hardwire..Rear Power Outlets[Robot Happy Face]..Rear Fogs..OEM Alarm..Alpine PDX-5..Earthquake SWS 8" Subs..MB Quart RVF210[Fr+Rr]..iPod Adapter..35% Tint..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #34
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

Why does Limited_Slip care so much about XXforgedxx? Do I smell a man crush?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #35
im spencer
Back in the f80
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
attention whore much?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #36
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
this thread just calls attention to the problem and doesn't make anything better.

smartest and most mature idea is to ignore it.
More pew pew and less QQ
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #37
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

Quote:
I am sorry if I offended you.

1) I politely ask you to please calm down
2) I respectfully ask you to check your emotion and ego at the door
3) Stop taking everything so personal.
4) Lastly, don't be so defensive. Life is not about a popularity contest. everyone (including god and the pope himself) has critics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=235742

Have at it ******, we wanna here MOARRRR in your official call out thread. Are you ready to be banned retard? I wish I can shoot your ass

I noticed that you edited the message I sent you, and tried to make me look like I was actually saying some out of line things to you such as profanity and threats. Unfortunately for you I have a screen shot of the outbox message proving that youre just digging yourself deeper with trolling and lies. Here you are, enjoy.

The fact of the matter regarding awards and the lack there of is different in the reserve world in comparison to active duty. A good unit will make sure those who do well get recognized, a poor one will not really care. I had to remind my unit administrator 3-4 times after each drill just to PAY me, let alone someone putting me in for an award. And then you have the guys who show up to annual training and instead of high speed individuals getting certain awards, everyone gets an AAM because they were there, douche bag or not douche bag.

As far as the deployments? You clearly don't understand how things work and that is why limited_slip, you should educate yourself beyond wikipedia because you sound like an idiot. You have no service under your belt, so how is anything you say credible. One of those, until you do it shut your fucking face type deals. You are simply doing everything you can to smear my career, this is why you felt the need to edit my message and make me look bad by putting your OWN tid bits in there. Anyone can wrap text in quote tags bud.

You don't dodge deployments, there is no dodging to be done. You are in a unit, and if your unit is on the block for that fiscal year then you go, if it isn't then you don't. I would hope someone SO educate about deployment dodging would know more about this. That the Army isn't stupid, and if it were possible to "dodge combat deployments" for 4 years... that many others would be doing it as well. Take care high speed, you'll always be a DB in my book.

See post 12 for the message limited_slip edited and wrapped in tags to make me look like an ahole. He might edit it though and take the quote out.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 02:23 AM   #38
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

I plan on joining the ROTC program for marines. I don't think your a coward Forged. Let me know when your in town, we can go shoot the new Ruger.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 06:12 AM   #39
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by noire07 View Post
In the Reserves its slightly different. Almost all award recommendations get shot down, and only a few will actually get the awards that they were put in for. So there is a possibility that a decent soldier could go 4-5 years without receiving any type of award. Plus the only opportunity a reservist has to be recommended for an award is annual training. During my initial deployment in 2004, only half of the company got AAMs and ARCOMs, the other half only got a certificate of achievement (and those who didn't deserve anything got nothing). A worthless piece of paper for a year in convoying through the sunni triangle.

Regardless of component, branch, or enlisted/officer, theres always going to be those captain america types and its just best to just ignore their egos.

definitely.

Last edited by ArmyBimmerDude; 03-02-2009 at 06:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #40
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
I'm a coward
I wldnt even dare enlist.. what if they decide to draft my ass there?
dirt, and mud, and people shooting at me.... no thanks
I'll stick to cruising in my 335 with the top down
      03-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #41
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

dunno if you are or aren't...

but you do certainly seem to have a ton of issues and complaints... get your shit straight
      03-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #42
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
I'm a coward
I wldnt even dare enlist.. what if they decide to draft my ass there?
dirt, and mud, and people shooting at me.... no thanks
I'll stick to cruising in my 335 with the top down
I would say that you are a brave man for not going with the flow and being brave and honest about it.

Mohammad Ali was drafted and he refused. He said that no Vietnamese had ever made him sit in the back of the bus and called him N*****.

He went to jail, lost all he had etc. He was brave.

This thread is quite interesting....
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #43
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
dunno if you are or aren't...

but you do certainly seem to have a ton of issues and complaints... get your shit straight
+1. The BigDog and the MadDog agree.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #44
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
+1. The BigDog and the MadDog agree.