BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-15-2016, 07:52 AM   #1
McBride
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport +

Am I being paranoid?

Right then,

I park my car in a public car park which my flat overlooks, if possible I always park the car in a dark corner behind a restaraunt because they have CCTV that overlooks my car. On an evening the car park is very quiet with only half dozen cars in.

Last night me and the wife left for the gym around 7pm as we walked into the car park a black golf with 4 Asian males parked 2 spots away. As we drove off they were all staring at us. the car stunk of weed and a few of them were smoking.

Around 2 hours later we return and the cars still there. Only its moved into the corner spot I was parked in. Both me and the wife had an uneasy feeling, we didn't want to get out of the car so they saw us going into our flat. So I drove back out of the car park and parked the car up a side street around the corner.

As we get out of the car to walk down, the golf drives past the end of the street. So we continue home and go upstairs.
10mins later I looked out of the window to see a black golf parking up at the opposite side of the car park, somebody was sat in it smoking for at least an hour (I could see the lighter) before it left again.

Now is it just me being paranoid or is something there dodgy?

Maybe I've heard to many stories of car theft but I feel like they are watching the car. There were no other cars in the car park of any value.

I'm going to keep an eye out and see if it returns over the next few days.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 07:59 AM   #2
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

You could also ring your local authorities so they can keep an eye out for anything particular. This might not be the first sighting of these guys that the public has had.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 08:01 AM   #3
McBride
First Lieutenant
Rep

I am considering phoning the police non emergency number to report it.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 08:02 AM   #4
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

call Mr. Plod?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 08:03 AM   #5
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Honestly better to be safe than sorry, at this point. I would agree with that. It's not worth discovering the alternative coming to a rude awakening.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 08:16 AM   #6
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

This is BimmerPost so the solution is some sort of military rifle or missile launcher of some kind.
Appreciate 7
      03-15-2016, 08:19 AM   #7
McBride
First Lieutenant
Rep

Reported it to plod for their info. Because they decided to move their car into my corner spot they should be on CCTV which is a bonus I suppose.
I'm still going to be scanning every car in the carpark morning and night though
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 08:47 AM   #8
SDH
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Try getting the registration from that suspicious car then if the worst happens id hand it over to the police as a starting point.

Also try checking the reg online to see if its taxed and has an valid mot, hopefully not then you have a great excuse to call the police out to them if they come back
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:47 AM   #9
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 10:20 AM   #10
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBride View Post
I am considering phoning the police non emergency number to report it.
Wait and see how that turned out for RJ before making that move.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...ostcount=16063
      03-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #11
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBride View Post
Right then,

I park my car in a public car park which my flat overlooks, if possible I always park the car in a dark corner behind a restaraunt because they have CCTV that overlooks my car. On an evening the car park is very quiet with only half dozen cars in.

Last night me and the wife left for the gym around 7pm as we walked into the car park a black golf with 4 Asian males parked 2 spots away. As we drove off they were all staring at us. the car stunk of weed and a few of them were smoking.

Around 2 hours later we return and the cars still there. Only its moved into the corner spot I was parked in. Both me and the wife had an uneasy feeling, we didn't want to get out of the car so they saw us going into our flat. So I drove back out of the car park and parked the car up a side street around the corner.

As we get out of the car to walk down, the golf drives past the end of the street. So we continue home and go upstairs.
10mins later I looked out of the window to see a black golf parking up at the opposite side of the car park, somebody was sat in it smoking for at least an hour (I could see the lighter) before it left again.

Now is it just me being paranoid or is something there dodgy?

Maybe I've heard to many stories of car theft but I feel like they are watching the car. There were no other cars in the car park of any value.

I'm going to keep an eye out and see if it returns over the next few days.
Take it from me since I'm asian.

They're looking at your car because they can sense one of your electronics is about to break so they sent one of their guys to watch your car to see if it does, and from there they would break in your car and fix it without you knowing.

We asians are nice people

But seriously, give the police a heads up on their non emergency line, best case scenario, they pass by and ask those guys what's up.
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2016, 11:09 AM   #12
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

They're just stoned and prob gawking at your car
      03-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #13
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

stunk of weed and still smoking should be all the reason you need to alert the local authorities.

Make sure you set the boxes from your pow-pow purchases on the curb for everyone to see.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 02:49 PM   #14
Juz5i
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2 F87  [0.00]
More than likely just a few mates having a shady smoke & listening to tunes. They probably all watched you leave because they thought you've got a nice car.
Then they decided to move into the nice secluded corner spot to carry on smoking some more.

I'm sure if they were eying up your mota they wouldn't just park right by it and sit there staring at it. They would would maybe drive into the car park, clock it, and drive away. Maybe returning the next night to see if it's left there again.

Although if I was in ur shoes it would make me feel uneasy about leaving my car there.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #15
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something else

Maybe they parked in your camera spot so that they could force you to park someplace else. The fact that they would put their car on camera is probably a minimal risk since it would not catch anything in the act. If it went down exactly as you described, I would be a little suspect too.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 03:37 PM   #16
djDori_C
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlinePSI View Post
Maybe they parked in your camera spot so that they could force you to park someplace else. The fact that they would put their car on camera is probably a minimal risk since it would not catch anything in the act. If it went down exactly as you described, I would be a little suspect too.
I agree with this!
Plus they could have stolen plates on their car, so driving by a camera would make no difference.
I know I just opened a whole new can of sh*#
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 03:46 PM   #17
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

when did smoking weed become a criminal act to be afraid of? i smoked weed waiting in the line of cars leaving school campus. lol.
      03-15-2016, 04:01 PM   #18
bizzleb109
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i convertible

They prob just using ur car park to park and puff peacefully that's all but if ur undercover easy call the non emergency number or wait till u see them again and then call
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #19
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Maybe they were looking for more weed and you look like a guy they know that sells it.
      03-15-2016, 04:28 PM   #20
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

I notice you are in the UK.
Let's use some statistics, and lack of political correctness.

Japanese/Chinese/Korean = just stoners
all other asians = prob gonna nab something
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 04:54 PM   #21
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you're not being followed!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 05:09 PM   #22
McBride
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
I notice you are in the UK.
Let's use some statistics, and lack of political correctness.

Japanese/Chinese/Korean = just stoners
all other asians = prob gonna nab something
Unfortunetly it is the latter.
The kind that instead of fixing your electronics, would steal them and try selling them back to you.

most weekends there is the odd car of young lads getting stoned in the car park, there's a good takeaway around the corner and the carpark is tucked back from the main road so they go get a pizza and have a joint. You can tell these lads are harmless.

Generally it is always the same cars in the car park and I recognise the vast majority.

These lads on the other hand stood out. I live in a primarily white area with very few Asians. So a car full of them acting strange Stood out straight away as they didn't strike me as local.

The car is being tucked down a small side street up the road for the next few days incase they return.
Appreciate 0