BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-12-2016, 01:07 PM   #1
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

USPS WTF?!

Anyone have issues with usps like this before? My package was sent from NC. it gets to California then gets sent to Ohio then Iowa then back to California. When it arrives at the sort center here for some reason the barcode says ship to Ohio.

The first time I thought it was a mistake by a person and was glad it came back to California. Then was wondering why isn't it arriving yet and I check tracking today and it is back in Ohio!

I finally spoke to customer service and they will need to lift the package and blah blah. This is shipping via ground so each cycle takes a couple days.

I was thinking of having it sent back to the shipper and having him reship it via ups. What do you guys think on how I should resolve this? Another thing is that the rep said my apt number wasn't listed but I can put a note up and speak to my neighbors about it.
Attached Images

03-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Perhaps the address/zip code is wrong. ?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 01:36 PM   #3
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

My sister mailed a package to me once with the first number of the zip code wrong. Instead of my town in IL, it was the zip for some town in OK. Otherwise, the address was correct, including my town name and state. Still, it went back and forth between the USPS sorting facility one hour north of here and the town in OK 6 times before someone at the sorting facility *finally* looked at the town and state and fixed the zip code. Too much reliance on one piece of info, that being the zip code.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #4
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six
My sister mailed a package to me once with the first number of the zip code wrong. Instead of my town in IL, it was the zip for some town in OK. Otherwise, the address was correct, including my town name and state. Still, it went back and forth between the USPS sorting facility one hour north of here and the town in OK 6 times before someone at the sorting facility *finally* looked at the town and state and fixed the zip code. Too much reliance on one piece of info, that being the zip code.
Zip code is correct at least on the receipt. That's what I initially thought. 9 can be a 4.
      03-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #5
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Don't get me started. I tried to intercept a package to my old address for an hour yesterday. No success.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2016, 02:49 PM   #6
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

They're too busy trying to intercept medical weed shipments to actually deliver your package in a timely fashion.
Appreciate 2
      03-12-2016, 11:10 PM   #7
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
The wife has four packages in transit for the past week and all the updates are super jacked up. They're going back and forth between hubs. Some are not getting updated at all. I really believe their systems are messed up right now but they're scared to let the public know.
      03-13-2016, 03:18 AM   #8
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

USPS just blows. Their 2 Day Priority shipping is nothing more than them fleecing money from you because they don't guarantee the item to arrive in 2 days. If they don't guarantee arrival in 2 days, why are they charging more for this shipping over standard shipping? The only difference is the ability to track your package; which you can add for a fee with regular shipping. I've had 3 packages shipped to me via "2 Day Priority" and all of them were late in the past 3 months. One package took about a week to get to me. One showed delayed for some reason even though there was nothing wrong with the weather.

I also had another package get tampered with. The idiots at USPS delivered the package with it sliced open and taped back together with 2 small strips of Scotch tape. No sticker or anything saying the package was damaged in transit. Were they thinking I wouldn't notice? I had to go through the mess to show the package to two different Post Offices and work with the eBay seller to file a claim against USPS.

USPS can kiss my a$$.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #9
flyingfortress
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

before xmas i shipped a package to a friend from buffalo to chicago. address was correct, but they first said "undeliverable to address", then proceeded to send it back and forth between 2 post offices in chicago 14 times (over the span of 2 months) before returning it to me. what a nightmare.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 11:12 AM   #10
dauble2k5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 VR E92 335i, 6MT

I've had issues like this in the past where packages have been shipped to a nearby state, then randomly many other states away, then finally to my place. It's no use calling USPS, just wait for the package to arrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 12:44 PM   #11
mc-m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 X3, 2015 Panamera

I currently have a package doing this crap. Package is bouncing back and forth between Seattle and Dallas. I want my CF Zipp handle bars
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 01:12 PM   #12
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc-m3
I currently have a package doing this crap. Package is bouncing back and forth between Seattle and Dallas. I want my CF Zipp handle bars
Yea wtf I want my floor mounts!
      03-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #13
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauble2k5
I've had issues like this in the past where packages have been shipped to a nearby state, then randomly many other states away, then finally to my place. It's no use calling USPS, just wait for the package to arrive.
Seller is also going to call usps and try to have it returned to him so he can reship using ups. This is horrible. As long as it gets to me in a reasonable time I'll be fine with it.
      03-13-2016, 05:27 PM   #14
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Man I had a package fall off the USPS truck, and it appeared to have been backed over by the same truck or hit by traffic. Thankfully nothing was damaged and they tossed it in this plastic bag that said some shit like 'We're sorry blah blah blah'. It had a gigantic hole in the box, soaking ass wet, and crushed on one side. They dont care how they handle anything. I'm at least grateful that it was recovered.
Appreciate 0