BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-02-2016, 10:51 AM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Why do some women say no?

Just heard on the radio some guy proposed to his woman in front of thousands and she said no.

Saw videos of similar things in the past as well and curious as to why some say no. I mean, if you've been in a relationship for a while, isn't it the natural progression?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

InB4 women respond.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #3
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Just heard on the radio some guy proposed to his woman in front of thousands and she said no.

Saw videos of similar things in the past as well and curious as to why some say no. I mean, if you've been in a relationship for a while, isn't it the natural progression?
The guys that were denied should be glad they said no. Much easier that way. I mean, who want's to be with someone that doesn't want to be with them?
      03-02-2016, 10:58 AM   #4
Adamrt
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

How about this poor girl asking her boyfriend!!

Adele kicked off her world tour by helping a female fan take a leap of faith ... dropping a Leap Year proposal on her boyfriend in the middle of the concert -- but it did not go as planned.
No one will question the power of Adele's voice, but during Monday night's show in Belfast ... even that wasn't enough to convince the reluctant dude to say "yes" to his gf.
Watch ... things got uncomfortable when the crowd started booing the bf for beating around the bush after Adele and his gf single him out in the crowd.
He eventually musters up a few head nods, but looks like he's keeping his options open. This relationship really might be water under the bridge.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 11:00 AM   #5
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
The guys that were denied should be glad they said no. Much easier that way. I mean, who want's to be with someone that doesn't want to be with them?
Then why even be dating someone...? You know?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #6
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Not everyone dates someone with intent of marrying them.
Appreciate 2
      03-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #7
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Uh.... to figure out if they might want to spend their lives with someone?

Was this a trick question?
      03-02-2016, 11:03 AM   #8
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

The concept of marriage puts a lot of things into perspective. Might not be a matter of not wanting to be with someone, but rather being with them in that manner. Lots of people are together for years on end without formally tying the knot.

Guess it's just personal preference.

Appreciate 1
      03-02-2016, 11:04 AM   #9
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
I think for this exercise we're going to assume that the people involved in these hypotheticals intend to marry at some point in their life.

(hopefully NOT because its just the next logical step though)
      03-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #10
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Is this a real question? People are different. There's no set amount of time after which every person on the planet feels ready to be in a marriage with the person they're dating.
Appreciate 3
      03-02-2016, 11:06 AM   #11
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
I get that. But let's say if you're with someone for 4-5 years, why waste time if you don't plan on moving forward?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 11:07 AM   #12
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Uh.... to figure out if they might want to spend their lives with someone?

Was this a trick question?
Same reply as above.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #13
Chez
Brit Abroad
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Frozen Black M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [9.50]
Because they don't want to marry the person who is asking.

Instagram @M4TTE_BMW

More info and photos here.
Appreciate 2
      03-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #14
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Some people just don't believe in marriage. In Quebec, a lot of people live common law their whole lives with the same person. My sister broke up with a serious boyfriend because she wanted to get married and he didn't believe in it.
Appreciate 2
      03-02-2016, 11:09 AM   #15
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
Is this a real question? People are different. There's no set amount of time after which every person on the planet feels ready to be in a marriage with the person they're dating.
Yes, there are people that haven't married after 10 years together and there are those that got married within days. I know it varies. However, if after 4-5 years and you bave not figured out whether you wanna be wifh someone, why continue?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 11:11 AM   #16
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I get that. But let's say if you're with someone for 4-5 years, why waste time if you don't plan on moving forward?
Quote:
Yes, there are people that haven't married after 10 years together and there are those that got married within days. I know it varies. However, if after 4-5 years and you bave not figured out whether you wanna be wifh someone, why continue?
Ruts bro. They are hard to get out of and can become quite comfortable for most people.

Being asked in public, on the spot will likely trigger the most honest response. People don't lie well when the question comes out of the blue and EVERYONE is waiting on your answer.
      03-02-2016, 11:11 AM   #17
Sidewinderpb
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamrt View Post

Adele kicked off her world tour by helping a female fan take a leap of faith ... dropping a Leap Year proposal on her boyfriend in the middle of the concert -- but it did not go as planned.
No one will question the power of Adele's voice, but during Monday night's show in Belfast ... even that wasn't enough to convince the reluctant dude to say "yes" to his gf.
Watch ... things got uncomfortable when the crowd started booing the bf for beating around the bush after Adele and his gf single him out in the crowd.
He eventually musters up a few head nods, but looks like he's keeping his options open. This relationship really might be water under the bridge.

I'd be pissed if I were him. Who wants to be singled out and faced with a life-changing decision in front of thousands of people - especially as a man attending an Adele concert? Honestly, I'm surprised that everyone wasn't holding their breath waiting for those itty bitty stilettos to collapse.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #18
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Again, it can take people longer than that, as you mentioned. People also view marriage differently. Some see it as a way of showing the other person you are committed to them; some see it as a lot of legal hassle and feel perfectly comfortable where they are. Sometimes things happen - you could be upset quite deeply by something in your relationship, and the other person may have moved on more quickly and be ready for marriage whereas you may now be having second thoughts, and need more time.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2016, 11:14 AM   #19
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamrt View Post

Ouch. That really does suck.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 11:17 AM   #20
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
I think for this exercise we're going to assume that the people involved in these hypotheticals intend to marry at some point in their life.

(hopefully NOT because its just the next logical step though)
Quote:
Some people just don't want to be alone, and marriage is a big step. If the guy is reading the relationship wrong and she says no there's nothing wrong with that. She's under no obligation to say yes.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #21
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
How long will you make me wait?

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 11:22 AM   #22
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Again, it can take people longer than that, as you mentioned. People also view marriage differently. Some see it as a way of showing the other person you are committed to them; some see it as a lot of legal hassle and feel perfectly comfortable where they are. Sometimes things happen - you could be upset quite deeply by something in your relationship, and the other person may have moved on more quickly and be ready for marriage whereas you may now be having second thoughts, and need more time.
This. My wife couldn't care less about the "marriage" part. She really did it for me. I grew up thinking this was what showed the world it was real and permanent. She grew up thinking it was a piece of paper and if you don't respect the relationship, why would you respect a piece of paper. We have both seen PLENTY of people who don't respect the paper or the relationship. It is a symbol, in the end. I have a deeper appreciation for symbols than she does. We have lived happily ever after so far - 20 plus years - but it wasn't the paper.
Appreciate 3