BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #45
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
I was on "hiatus" for 30 days. We have the same type of law here in Texas due to historical cattle theft, but we're in the minority. You'd be surprised how many people in this situation get convicted because they did not retreat and used excessive force. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. The law presumes that citizens know what the law is. We both know that's usually not the case, but it's their duty to know the law.
missed this post. look up the Castle Doctrine. you are good to go in Texas. this also includes protecting yourself while in your car.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #46
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

half of the guys/gals responding to this have never been to bmore... Filthy city with only 2 areas worth keeping... Could drop a nuke on the rest of the city for all I care.

Perp got what he deserved, in the end Karma got the better of him. I understand the due process and law but I'm glad he's dead, matter of fact the thief's sister also needs to be killed just for the way she talks.

Unfortunately as another poster wrote, Baltimore is 99% black therefore the Jury will be black and even if the Burglar came into his bedroom, naked with a knife and stabbed him first, and he sliced the guy, he'd still probably be guilty for man slaughter.

Anybody watch the Chappelle show episode where they were trying to convict R Kelly and Dave was like the "..only way R Kelly is guilty of statutory rape is if the cops was there, and R Kelly's grandmother and he had his ID out and had it on video tape...."

Unfortunately, even if/when all the evidence points that this kid did the right thing, he'll most likely still be convicted
Appreciate 0