BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-15-2009, 03:26 AM   #1
eNCore
///M 5light
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 MCB ///M5

Win in Blackjack 99% of the time! Maybe...

Well, I don't know if this way will really work, that is why I am sharing it with you guys; I tried it once, it went well for a while but everything went really bad in seconds.

Well, basically you start with the required amount of money to play at the table, and double your bet everytime you lose. Once you win a hand go back to the original bet. If the table is $15, basically you are winning $15 everytime you win a hand. Seems like the only way you will lose is if you lose so many hands in a row that your bet is over the cap, which is about 6 hands (Where I played, the limit was $500.), but you can have about 2 more hands at Vegas since the limit is about $2,000 at $15 tables.

What happened to me was I played at a $15 table and the cap was $500, so I can play 6 hands before reaching the cap. I won about $8xx this way, before everything went really wrong and I lost 6+ hands in a row. Well, if I was playing in Vegas I could of had 2 more hands since the cap is higher. The question is, what is the possibility of someone losing 8 hands in a row in Blackjack?

So what do you guys think?

Last edited by eNCore; 09-15-2009 at 03:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 04:41 AM   #2
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Turismo View Post
Well, I don't know if this way will really work, that is why I am sharing it with you guys; I tried it once, it went well for a while but everything went really bad in seconds.

Well, basically you start with the required amount of money to play at the table, and double your bet everytime you lose. Once you win a hand go back to the original bet. If the table is $15, basically you are winning $15 everytime you win a hand. Seems like the only way you will lose is if you lose so many hands in a row that your bet is over the cap, which is about 6 hands (where I played, the limit was $500), but you can have about 2 more hands at Vegas since the limit is about $2,000 at $15 tables.

What happened to me was I played at a $15 table and the cap was $500, so I can play 6 hands before reaching the cap. I won about $8xx this way, before everything went really wrong and I lost 6+ hands in a row. Well, if I was playing in Vegas I could of had 2 more hands since the cap is higher. The question is, what is the possibility of someone losing 8 hands in a row in Blackjack?

you are not looking at the math the right way buddy.

Every hand you play, and by a hand I mean "a round" for you before you either start back at $15 because you win or, you are forced back to $15 by losing 6 or 8 hands in a row. You are essentially risking the max bet of $500 or $2000 for $15 of winning, because that is the max you can win per "round". That is a horrible horrible ratio. On the surface, it seems like a good idea tho, because what are the chances that you will lose 6 or 8 hands in a row right? so essentially you are trading horrible ratio for good "chances". Lets assume the chances is pretty low to lose that many hands in a row (which is false which I will explain later) if you think its low, it better be real low, actually 133 to 1 low because thats how many "hands" you have to "win" just to break even with 1 lose. Thats assuming the chances of you losing is slim to none, but they are not. Basic stat theories: every hand thats dealt out has an equal "chance" of win or lose for you or the dealer (actually more chance you lose because you bust first) thats NOT dependent on the previous hand or the series. That means that in theory, every hand that comes after a losing hand has just the same exact probability of you losing again as the previous. Your chances don't improve as the series move on. You will understand this perfectly if you sit at a routlette table for a couple hours and stare at the board for black and reds. watch and see how many more than 6 series of blacks or reds come out. What are the chances that more than 6 blacks come out right?

you basically answered your own question, "it all went well for a while and all went bad in seconds" that is almost what will ALWAYS happen, and the times you win, its called "luck" and thats not something you should be playing with.

However if you insist on playing this way, there is a way around the high limit problem. You can switch tables. the $15 table max out at $2000, and if your dumbass manages to lose 8 hands in a roll, you can always double down to 4 grand on the 10 grand tables, then 8 grand, and if you lose 10 hands in a roll and you got the bankroll, well then shit let it ride in the high roller room with all kinds of bitches and hoes and champagne, butlers and limos. 16g, 32g, 64g, 128g, 256g, 512g, 1 MILLION!!! it takes 17 hands to lose a million dollar hand. not a million dollars! but a million dollar hand because you still have to add up all the loses before that.

As you are sitting at the high roller table with your last million dollars on the table in the little square box, you think to yourself, well fuck this isn't going to go well for me either way. If you lose, they will take ALL of your money. The champagne will dry up, hoes will leave you, and the limo will drop you off on a side street off the strip because you got no money to tip. If you win, everyone will horray, bitches will flash you, every1 is high fiving each other, and you are happy that you just won... oh ya, you just won $15 dollars... And then you are going to walk out of the high roller room with all your bitches and hoes and a bottle of left over Cristal and sitdown at a $15 table and put down the min for a hand...

Last food for thought, don't be stupid. you don't have enough bankroll for this "sure win strategy" of yours. wanna know why, because you are not the first 1 to think of it. I had the same strategy years ago, look at how rich I am! and I read somewhere (don't quote me on the math) that to double up like that, if I put a dollar in my pocket for every time I double down, I would be able to pay off the national debt before my pocket is full from the dollars.

good luck and let me know how much you win. gl
Appreciate 3
wdb4718.00
mbanks211267.50
      09-15-2009, 04:50 AM   #3
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
you are not looking at the math the right way buddy.

Every hand you play, and by a hand I mean "a round" for you before you either start back at $15 because you win or, you are forced back to $15 by losing 6 or 8 hands in a row. You are essentially risking the max bet of $500 or $2000 for $15 of winning, because that is the max you can win per "round". That is a horrible horrible ratio. On the surface, it seems like a good idea tho, because what are the chances that you will lose 6 or 8 hands in a row right? so essentially you are trading horrible ratio for good "chances". Lets assume the chances is pretty low to lose that many hands in a row (which is false which I will explain later) if you think its low, it better be real low, actually 133 to 1 low because thats how many "hands" you have to "win" just to break even with 1 lose. Thats assuming the chances of you losing is slim to none, but they are not. Basic stat theories: every hand thats dealt out has an equal "chance" of win or lose for you or the dealer (actually more chance you lose because you bust first) thats NOT dependent on the previous hand or the series. That means that in theory, every hand that comes after a losing hand has just the same exact probability of you losing again as the previous. Your chances don't improve as the series move on. You will understand this perfectly if you sit at a routlette table for a couple hours and stare at the board for black and reds. watch and see how many more than 6 series of blacks or reds come out. What are the chances that more than 6 blacks come out right?

you basically answered your own question, "it all went well for a while and all went bad in seconds" that is almost what will ALWAYS happen, and the times you win, its called "luck" and thats not something you should be playing with.

However if you insist on playing this way, there is a way around the high limit problem. You can switch tables. the $15 table max out at $2000, and if your dumbass manages to lose 8 hands in a roll, you can always double down to 4 grand on the 10 grand tables, then 8 grand, and if you lose 10 hands in a roll and you got the bankroll, well then shit let it ride in the high roller room with all kinds of bitches and hoes and champagne, butlers and limos. 16g, 32g, 64g, 128g, 256g, 512g, 1 MILLION!!! it takes 17 hands to lose a million dollar hand. not a million dollars! but a million dollar hand because you still have to add up all the loses before that.

As you are sitting at the high roller table with your last million dollars on the table in the little square box, you think to yourself, well fuck this isn't going to go well for me either way. If you lose, they will take ALL of your money. The champagne will dry up, hoes will leave you, and the limo will drop you off on a side street off the strip because you got no money to tip. If you win, everyone will horray, bitches will flash you, every1 is high fiving each other, and you are happy that you just won... oh ya, you just won $15 dollars... And then you are going to walk out of the high roller room with all your bitches and hoes and a bottle of left over Cristal and sitdown at a $15 table and put down the min for a hand...

Last food for thought, don't be stupid. you don't have enough bankroll for this "sure win strategy" of yours. wanna know why, because you are not the first 1 to think of it. I had the same strategy years ago, look at how rich I am! and I read somewhere (don't quote me on the math) that to double up like that, if I put a dollar in my pocket for every time I double down, I would be able to pay off the national debt before my pocket is full from the dollars.

good luck and let me know how much you win. gl
easily one of the funniest post ive read in a while
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Progressions don't work u need to cheat to win 99%of the time or learn card counting and you still will not win even close to that. If you know your first card is an ace your advantage is 51% so you should bet all your money on hand or half if you know for sure. Or try hole carding but I've played so many hands and never seen a dealers hole card once.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Turismo View Post

Well, basically you start with the required amount of money to play at the table, and double your bet everytime you lose. Once you win a hand go back to the original bet. If the table is $15, basically you are winning $15 everytime you win a hand. Seems like the only way you will lose is if you lose so many hands in a row that your bet is over the cap, which is about 6 hands (Where I played, the limit was $500.), but you can have about 2 more hands at Vegas since the limit is about $2,000 at $15 tables.

Its called a Martingale strategy and it doesn't work. You have a negative expectation, changing the way you bet won't change that.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
Its called a Martingale strategy and it doesn't work. You have a negative expectation, changing the way you bet won't change that.
this^

http://wizardofodds.com/ check out that site for anything related to betting strategies, odds for various games, etc.
http://wizardofodds.com/gambling/bettingsystems.html
      09-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
bigslickak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d sedan

I read somewhere this is a good strategy: say the table is a $10 min...start at Level 1 and if you lose, always go back to level 1, keep advancing the level as long as you are winning.

Level 1: Bet $20
Level 2: Bet $10
Level 3: Bet $20
Level 4: Bet $30
Level 5 'til whenever you lose, keeping adding $10

I'm not sure on the game theory or statistics, especially why reduce your bet on the second level, but I've made a little cash doing this. Of course, always double down in the right situations and split those Aces and 8's.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

if you lose a hand the count is probably going up but not always...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #9
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslickak View Post
I read somewhere this is a good strategy: say the table is a $10 min...start at Level 1 and if you lose, always go back to level 1, keep advancing the level as long as you are winning.

Level 1: Bet $20
Level 2: Bet $10
Level 3: Bet $20
Level 4: Bet $30
Level 5 'til whenever you lose, keeping adding $10

I'm not sure on the game theory or statistics, especially why reduce your bet on the second level, but I've made a little cash doing this. Of course, always double down in the right situations and split those Aces and 8's.
I generally use a similar betting strategy although I go back to level 1 after 4 consecutive wins. Sometimes I make it 3 wins depending on the house rules and so on... The betting strategy like all betting strategies does not change your odds in any way shape or form but it does make it more "fun" for me since the fluctuation of chips are much greater than flat betting which adds an extra level of excitement but thats about it.
      09-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #10
timn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

This is a modified martingale strategy. You'll hit the cap and before you know it, you'll be negative trying to catch back up.

Why even have a cap? Keep going to the table limit. Either way, you're toast after some time. What happens when you have to double down? You going to only put in the table minimum or match it or skip it? either way, it's lost EV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marting...ting_system%29

Try it out on yahoo blackjack...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #11
team_exe
New Commer
United_States
Rep
Drives: hooptie!!

a lot of us lose a lot on BJ or any table game is because we look at the chips like if it was nothing. Like for example, when i play and have 1000 in chips im like.. eh whatevers.
if it was cash than we would be like oh shizzzle im outties! LOL

tru story... and sorry if you get confused but im pretty hammered right now.
Appreciate 0