BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-18-2008, 11:09 PM   #45
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Well, let see so far the count is:

Driving / or getting hit by 5
a moving vehicle

Swimming/ or lack thereof 4

Hang Gliding 2

Anesthesia 1

Deer BBQ 1 (although the validity of story appears to be highly doubtful)

Did I miss anyone?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 11:23 PM   #46
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

December 6th, 2003. I lost all my short term memory. Was in a short coma. Massive head injury. Cat scan, MRI.. all that shit. I was in the worst pain when I came to...that's all I remember. On the back of my horse then in the ER hospital bed in intense pain. I wasnt wearing a ride helmet. My trainer said she found me face down in the pasture unresponsive. I dont remember falling or if I was thrown, bucked off, reared off. I'll never know.

All courtesy of ....

and I still <3 her.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 11:53 PM   #47
aut0sh0cker
meh
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXXIX View Post
DAMMMMMNNN!!!... not sure how thats near death but crazy story
LOL, 1989, you got trolled HARD!!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 12:03 AM   #48
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

haha i guess i did...

still a little new

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 07:04 AM   #49
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
December 6th, 2003. I lost all my short term memory. Was in a short coma. Massive head injury. Cat scan, MRI.. all that shit. I was in the worst pain when I came to...that's all I remember. On the back of my horse then in the ER hospital bed in intense pain. I wasnt wearing a ride helmet. My trainer said she found me face down in the pasture unresponsive. I dont remember falling or if I was thrown, bucked off, reared off. I'll never know.

All courtesy of ....

and I still <3 her.
wow. And your fine now? That's you in 2003?!??! Lolz no wonder the horse threw you off.

Sorry i joke.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 07:22 AM   #50
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
I was jetskying and the engine cut out in sea after a wave jump... tried to turn the thing back on... wldn't turn on...

I saw a speedboat rushing towards me.. the guy was too busy talking to his gf to notice what was infront of him (usually a crowded jetskying area too).. thankfully the jetski started and I drove off in a knick of time... if it didn't turn on that try I would have been finished...
      12-19-2008, 07:54 AM   #51
Zephyr15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
I'm just curious. Because I have, about 6 months ago. Did it change you in any sort of way? For example. The way you see life, do you take things for granted less?
Your story sounds similar to mine, but with different details and I didn't have your luck in the injury department.

It doesn't affect my day to day that much any more. I don't sit around enjoying every moment more or anything cliche like that. The only major thing is that I seem to have a much different outlook on death than others.
      12-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #52
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G22 M440I on order

i flipped a car at 65mph after jumping a curb and hitting a tree! ....dont know if it was near death but the car fell apart around me! i stepped out badley winded but that was it :0
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 10:00 AM   #53
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
wow. And your fine now? That's you in 2003?!??! Lolz no wonder the horse threw you off.

Sorry i joke.
No that picture was actually taken in 2008 thanks and thats my BFF Claire holding Blackie.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #54
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Not many people believe in my stories unless they are my close friends and saw things happening to me.

Age of 3: I fell from 3rd floor to the ground by accident while playing with my brother on the balcony, but luckily I fell on the ground floor awning and only had few scars from it.

Age of 9: I got hit by a car in local highway and broke all my left bones (shoulder,ribs,hip) but no organ damage other than swallen lung. I was in cast for 2 years.

Age of 11-16: Little minor things compare to above but might be serious to others. (Fell from mezzanine to concrete floor head on, got big ass ding on my head)

Age of 17: Spun out on snowy day on my father's car on the highway at speed of 70+mph and hit the concrete barrier in the middle and totalled car. Only broken ribs.

Age of 18-current: Few other car accident but wasn't too bad as previous.

All my friends tell me I'm unbreakable. I'm sure some people would think I made these up but believe or not, I've been through these and still ALIVE!!!!! Thank you GOD!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #55
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
No that picture was actually taken in 2008 thanks and thats my BFF Claire holding Blackie.
OH!!!. Well glad your okay and do you still have blackie??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
Not many people believe in my stories unless they are my close friends and saw things happening to me.

Age of 3: I fell from 3rd floor to the ground by accident while playing with my brother on the balcony, but luckily I fell on the ground floor awning and only had few scars from it.

Age of 9: I got hit by a car in local highway and broke all my left bones (shoulder,ribs,hip) but no organ damage other than swallen lung. I was in cast for 2 years.

Age of 11-16: Little minor things compare to above but might be serious to others. (Fell from mezzanine to concrete floor head on, got big ass ding on my head)

Age of 17: Spun out on snowy day on my father's car on the highway at speed of 70+mph and hit the concrete barrier in the middle and totalled car. Only broken ribs.

Age of 18-current: Few other car accident but wasn't too bad as previous.

All my friends tell me I'm unbreakable. I'm sure some people would think I made these up but believe or not, I've been through these and still ALIVE!!!!! Thank you GOD!
I think i see your future career as a stuntman.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #56
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
OH!!!. Well glad your okay and do you still have blackie??

n.
Yes I still own her. I've had her nine years now. She's my heart and soul. I have a set of black horseshoes tattooed on my back for her and my other horse Jacqueline, Blackie's daughter.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #57
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yes I still own her. I've had her nine years now. She's my heart and soul. I have a set of black horseshoes tattooed on my back for her and my other horse Jacqueline, Blackie's daughter.
oh wow. horses are your thing then power to you. Good job not getting scared. Alot of peole would quit riding, but only when times get tough can you prove how much someone or something means to you.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #58
aut0sh0cker
meh
United_States
Rep

Well let's see...

When I was 12ish and it was my first time riding an ATV. Like any 12 year old, I thought ATV's were hot shit and pretty badass, but I was still a little nervous riding my first time. So I took the first couple of laps on the course pretty slow, but gradually built up my confidence turning/leaning in/etc.

Somewhere on my tenth lap or so (keep in mind I was still a TOTAL NOOB) I really started getting on the throttle cuz I wanted to see just how fast I could go. So there I was gunning it down the straight looking pretty fucking badass as I recall, and then I see it. The end of the straight (also known as a turn). So what do I do? I panic, go hard on the brakes and hard to the right to try to turn.

Well, the ATV ends up not doing what I want it to and just slides sideways across the dirt into a low dirt ridge that was the banking of the turn. The tires caught the edge and (as per conservation of momentum) was launched barrel-rolling into the air. I dont really remember much about the crash except when I was upside down in mid air (but still on the ATV) thinking that this thing is about to land on me and kill me and that would be it...

No white light, no tunnel, no new outlook on life, just 132 stitches in my torn up arm and a wrist broken in two places...

Last edited by aut0sh0cker; 12-19-2008 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #59
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
oh wow. horses are your thing then power to you. Good job not getting scared. Alot of peole would quit riding, but only when times get tough can you prove how much someone or something means to you.
Blackie and I have been through hell and back many times. Her previous owner sold her because Blackie was "the devil" horse back in 1999. She has the worst, nasty, mean attitude ever. She's tried numerous times to kick, bite, and has thrown me more times than I can remember. But...Im a bitch. So we are a perfect match. She and I have won more show ribbons than any other horse I've shown. Nine years and counting since the day I signed her papers. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #60
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post
Well let's see...

When I was 12ish and it was my first time riding an ATV. Like any 12 year old, I thought ATV's were hot shit and pretty badass, but I was still a little nervous riding my first time. So I took the first couple of laps on the course pretty slow, but gradually built up my confidence turning/leaning in/etc.

Somewhere on my tenth lap or so (keep in mind I was still a TOTAL NOOB) I really started getting on the throttle cuz I wanted to see just how fast I could go. So there I was gunning it down the straight looking pretty fucking badass as I recall, and then I see it. The end of the straight (also known as a turn). So what do I do? I panic, go hard on the brakes and hard to the right to try to turn.

Well, the ATV ends up not doing what I wan it to and just slides sideways across the dirt into a low dirt ridge that was the banking of the turn. The tires caught the edge and (as per conservation of momentum) was launched barrel-rolling into the air. I dont really remember much about the crash except when I was upside down (but still on the ATV) thinking that this thing is about to land on me and kill me and that would be it...

No white light, no tunnel, no new outlook on life, just 132 stitches in my torn up arm and a wrist broken in two places...
Ouch!! Have you ever been on an ATV since?

Quote:
Blackie and I have been through hell and back many times. Her previous owner sold her because Blackie was "the devil" horse back in 1999. She has the worst, nasty, mean attitude ever. She's tried numerous times to kick, bite, and has thrown me more times than I can remember. But...Im a bitch. So we are a perfect match. She and I have won more show ribbons than any other horse I've shown. Nine years and counting since the day I signed her papers. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me
match made in heaven
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 02:54 PM   #61
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Damn the atv story reminded me of the first time I jumped my bike on a ramp.....not a near death experience, BUT it could have been!

LOL wow, what a lame day it was! but again, I was like 10-12...so here it goes...

It was a normal day I guess....just running around the house as I did when I was a kid...went outside to ride my bike and noticed there were some kids down my block with a ramp! skate boarders and such....one guy with a BMX...

Wasn't too bad of a day, moderately cloudy as I recall with a nice cool breeze...

So I went up to the kids and said, mind if I take a jump at it? Kids looked at each, shrugged and said....go for it!

The ramp...probably not higher than 2-3 ft at most if I recall it now. Wooden, straight sloped, no curvature, probably about a 4ft slope upwards...

Mind you, I'm riding my crappy Toys R' Us bike, no mountain bike or even a BMX for that matter....either way didn't matter...
I start way back because I'm thinking, more speed = higher jump and good landing...so I start pedaling as fast as I can, wind is blowing in my direction so I feel like I'm really going now! You know how you can sort of stand up on your bike and REALLY push down hard w/ your quads to get pedaling? that's what I was doing, gained some speed what was probably 15mph or so back then...I see the ramp, and I hit it with my front tire....go up...I see the sky....next thing you know my bike is lurching forward and i'm thinking oh shit, this isn't supposed to happen!!

**CRASH**

I fell off my bike in midair because I let go of the handle bars to catch my self falling....no helmet, no pads....good thing I landed on my hands....unfortunately though...the bike kinda landed on top of me and had scraped my elbow as it pushed my arm against the ground....OUCH. My bike had landed front wheel first instead of rear wheel then front...so obviously I had crashed.

The kids were laughing at first then asked if I was ok....I got up promptly and asked the kid if he had any bandaids at his house....he comes back..."napkins??" Me: WTF?! where are the bandaids!?
-take note I didn't realize I needed to clean up the wound, so I just stuck the napkin on there...

Crazy part was like 10minutes later, my dad comes by and wants to take my brother and myself to Costco, since we didn't have anything to do (plus when you're a kid, Costco/Sam's club is fun!) So I said ok, no one knew what happened except my brother and I managed to sit on the right-most side so my dad wouldn't see....lol

stupid move when I was young, but haha! it was fun flying......then crashing...luckily I didn't land on my head.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #62
aut0sh0cker
meh
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ouch!! Have you ever been on an ATV since?

match made in heaven
Yeah, as soon as my bones healed... LOL, I'm an idiot
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #63
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

DP, thats what being a kid is all about, Doing stupid things and coming out of it alive in one piece.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #64
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post
Yeah, as soon as my bones healed... LOL, I'm an idiot
most deffinetly not. Takes guts to go back to something that harmed/almost killed you. Ofcourse there are exceptions.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #65
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
………………….._,,-~’’’¯¯¯’’~-,,
………………..,-‘’ ; ; ;_,,---,,_ ; ;’’-,…………………………….._,,,---,,_
……………….,’ ; ; ;,-‘ , , , , , ‘-, ; ;’-,,,,---~~’’’’’’~--,,,_…..,,-~’’ ; ; ; ;__;’-,
……………….| ; ; ;,’ , , , _,,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯’’~’-,,_ ,,-~’’ , , ‘, ;’,
……………….’, ; ; ‘-, ,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-, , , , , ,’ ; |
…………………’, ; ;,’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-, , ,-‘ ;,-‘
………………….,’-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-‘ ;,,-‘
………………..,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;__ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,’
………………,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’¯: : ’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _ ; ; ; ; ;’,
……………..,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;| : : : : : ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’¯: ¯’’-, ; ; ;’,
…………….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,_: : _,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; | : : : : : ; ; ; |
……………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,,_ : :,-‘ ; ; ; ;|
…………..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-~’’ , , , , ,,,-~~-, , , , _ ; ; ;¯¯ ; ; ; ; ;|
..…………,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’ , , , , , , ,( : : : : , , , ,’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|
……….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’, , , , , , , , ,’~---~’’ , , , , , ,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
…….,-‘’ ; _, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’~-,,,,--~~’’’¯’’’~-,,_ , ,_,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
….,-‘’-~’’,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; | ; ; | . . . . . . ,’; ,’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,_ ; ‘-,
……….,’ ; ;,-, ; ;, ; ; ;, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘, ; ;’, . . . . .,’ ;,’ ; ; ; ;, ; ; ;,’-, ; ;,’ ‘’~--‘’’
………,’-~’ ,-‘-~’’ ‘, ,-‘ ‘, ,,- ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘, ; ; ‘~-,,,-‘’ ; ,’ ; ; ; ; ‘, ;,-‘’ ; ‘, ,-‘,
……….,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ‘’ ; ; ;’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’-,,_ ; ; ; _,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ;’-‘’ ; ; ; ‘’ ; ;’-,
……..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯¯’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; , ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,
……,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,
…..,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|..’-,_ ; ; ; , ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; | ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’…….’’’,-~’ ; ; ; ; ; ,’
…,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’~-,,,,,--~~’’’’’’~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’…..,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-
…| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’…,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘
…’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,’….’, ; ; ; ; _,,-‘’
….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’…….’’~~’’¯
…..’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;_,,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘
………’’~-,,_ ; ; ; ; _,,,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘
………..| ; ; ;¯¯’’’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-‘
………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|
…………’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ~-,,___ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
………….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘….’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
………..,’ ‘- ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’……….’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
……….,’ ; ;’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-‘…………….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’…………………’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |
……..,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-‘………………………’’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |
……..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’…………………………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’
……..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ,’………………………..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,’’
……..| ; ; ; ; ; ;,’……………………….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘
……..’,_ , ; , ;,’……………………….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘
………’,,’,¯,’,’’|……………………….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘--,,
………….¯…’’………………………..’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~,,
……………………………………………’’-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~-,,
………………………………………………..’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ,,_ ; ;’-,’’-,
…………………………………………………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,__,--.
……………………………………………………’-, ; ; ;,,-~’’’ , ,|, |
………………………………………………………’’~-‘’_ , , ,,’,_/--‘
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #66
aut0sh0cker
meh
United_States
Rep

Oh wow^^^
Appreciate 0