BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #45
SPC LV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
Not knowing these basics is why I stated earlier, stop while you still have your money.... until you get the fundamentals down, you have no business trading... take this as some friendly advice

I understand what you're saying. I'm not going to lie I'm still relativelly new to trading and have much to learn. I don't overstep my boundaries and am completelly aware of how to interpret certain fundamentals. The thing is I use what I do know to my advantage and learn other things on the fly. I wouldn't even be upset if I lost a little while I'm learning but fortunatelly I've made a lot of money. I know that you don't know me and I can't really explain how I go about my business but I'm very confident in what I'm doing.

At this point though, fundamentals are terrible pretty much across the board. So how do you explain the huge rally since March? (in my opinion the start of a bull market) This is why at this point fundamentals are not important to me. I hop in and out of stocks based on technical analysis. Although I did ride some stocks such as PALM, BAC and VIP for a few months based on other factors other than technicals. I really can't explain the method behind my madness but it works for me.

Last edited by SPC LV; 09-03-2009 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #46
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
some
wow nice! so you guys are a quant fund? long/short equity? global macro? (if you dont mind me asking)

i aspire to be a trader one day.....i currently work in OTC exotic and credit derivatives.

I make decent money trading my own stocks/options.....but have been on the sidelines for a bit.

This rally seems like complete BS to me....thinking mabye one more big push on the SPX to 1100...then.....down the tubes we go.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #47
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

high freq. algo trading is what we do... don't do discretionary at all...

as far as my discretionary opinion goes? I'd love another major crash... its a bit easier to make money when the market crashes than when it rallies... just a bit...

...even in the high freq world
      09-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #48
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Any of you guys selling today?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 04:21 PM   #49
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Nope....

Hanging on to the PER stack too. Best thing I have seen in awhile.

..and I am not in the guys above league re: wall street knowledge. Not my line of business.

Not trying to pose that I am a wizzy kid. My "person" wants to hold AIG "for long time".

We will see.
      09-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #50
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I sold and took my profits. It might be a bad move but I'll wait until it dips down again.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #51
pittsy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3

I sold all mine at $49.9, took the profit and I'll wait for it to drop down again then buy some more.
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
Appreciate 0