BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-11-2022, 08:40 PM   #5831
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
The Federal Correctional Service in Canada has a policy that houses inmates in a prison based on how they identify their gender. This is a complete shit show as we know have all kinds of inmates who identify as women (not women) housed in women's prisons. The domestics, sexual assaults, assaults and other associated drama is off the charts.....but hey the progressives all feel pretty good about themselves. https://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/politiques...00-cd-en.shtml
It's absurdity and insanity to anybody looking at it objectively.
Appreciate 4
      05-12-2022, 06:54 AM   #5832
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Quote:
what makes it even more insane is that to question such a policy is considered "intolerance" aka social pariah status
Appreciate 4
      05-12-2022, 06:57 AM   #5833
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by packet View Post
Quote:
what makes it even more insane is that to question such a policy is considered "intolerance" aka social pariah status
Yep! That's the name of the left's game. Question anything and you're intolerant, racist, xenophobic, etc. It's how they guilt people.
Appreciate 4
      05-12-2022, 08:10 AM   #5834
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
The Federal Correctional Service in Canada has a policy that houses inmates in a prison based on how they identify their gender.
Can they also self-identify as a corrections officer instead of an inmate, so they can be on the other side of the bars?????
lakefront560.50
      05-12-2022, 11:09 AM   #5835
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2one3E90 View Post
Dude im from Monterey park, do u use Ka band and lidar?
Sedan uses his MK1 calibrated eyeball.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615143.50
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      05-13-2022, 01:42 AM   #5836
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2one3E90 View Post
Dude im from Monterey park, do u use Ka band and lidar?
Sedan uses his MK1 calibrated eyeball.

That too!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 03:01 PM   #5837
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000560337291

This is a very good podcast to listen to. Take the 30 minutes and give this a listen.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 07:38 AM   #5838
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

I know a lot of current and former LEO hang around this thread, so I just wanted to say thank you all for what you do and the sacrifices made.

Best wishes to all the families and organizations who suffered casualties on and off duty.

Stay safe out there as best possible.
Sedan_Clan24980.50
vreihen1615143.50
Dino GT35131.50
Buug95917177.00
paquet629.50
T0RM3NT3604.50
      05-16-2022, 08:55 AM   #5839
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I know a lot of current and former LEO hang around this thread, so I just wanted to say thank you all for what you do and the sacrifices made.

Best wishes to all the families and organizations who suffered casualties on and off duty.

Stay safe out there as best possible.
Much appreciated brother.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2022, 05:33 AM   #5840
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

A sign in Florida apparently.

Name:  Florida sign..jpg
Views: 933
Size:  94.6 KB
Appreciate 6
paquet629.50
Sedan_Clan24980.50
Buug95917177.00
      05-18-2022, 08:55 AM   #5841
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
A sign in Florida apparently.

Attachment 2886427
Classy.

I'm on the fence with places that advertise and push for this kind of stuff. One one hand some folks just made a bad decision and don't deserve the hardships that follow, and on the other hand some folks deserve everything they have coming to them.

MN has Minnesota Freedom Fund which is run by anti-police, anti-law nutjobs. They intentionally find and fund the releases of repeat and violent shitbags, and then turn the blame on society when that person ends up back in jail. Not long ago they funded the release of a repeat violent offender, and a week later that person put someone in the hospital, then tried to justify their decision by saying prisons don't stop a person from being violent and incarceration's don't work, and as a community we need to stop being so shitty to drive people to be violent. While there may be some truth in saying we as society need to stop being so shitty, shitbags will still be shitbags regardless.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread

Last edited by ///d; 05-18-2022 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 1
paquet629.50
      05-18-2022, 10:22 PM   #5842
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

64 in a school zone

Should that driver still have a car/license in Ca?
vreihen1615143.50
      05-18-2022, 10:24 PM   #5843
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
64 in a school zone

Should that driver still have a car/license in Ca?
Probably not. Was school in session?
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2022, 07:11 AM   #5844
PittsDriver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 3.5i, X5 M50i

I haven't read all 5,000 posts in this thread so apologies if it's been covered. I have a friend who is a County police officer 5 years from retirement. Due to all the insanity that has unfolded over the few years, it's become so risky to his retirement and personal reputation that he hasn't made a traffic stop in 2 years. Even wearing a body camera when making a stop, there is a fear that his administration will not support him if he has to protect himself. All of this defund the police nonsense and public scrutiny seems to have resulted in the streets being less safe than ever.

Any thoughts on this?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      05-19-2022, 07:37 AM   #5845
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
I haven't read all 5,000 posts in this thread so apologies if it's been covered. I have a friend who is a County police officer 5 years from retirement. Due to all the insanity that has unfolded over the few years, it's become so risky to his retirement and personal reputation that he hasn't made a traffic stop in 2 years. Even wearing a body camera when making a stop, there is a fear that his administration will not support him if he has to protect himself. All of this defund the police nonsense and public scrutiny seems to have resulted in the streets being less safe than ever.

Any thoughts on this?
You are observing a culture shift where good cops no longer want to put themselves at risk and are choosing to preserve and safeguard their livelihood over the objective that made the large majority of us enter this profession in the first place (…e.g….taking bad guys to jail). When you don't feel supported, morale suffers. When morale suffers, you do the bare minimum or little to nothing at all. When you do the bare minimum, complacency sets in and you simply stop caring. When you stop caring, buoyed by laws that are too lax/pro-criminal, the community suffers as criminals run amuck. It has become a lawless free-for-all in every blue state/city in the union.
Appreciate 8
vreihen1615143.50
paquet629.50
jmack548.50
T0RM3NT3604.50
      05-19-2022, 07:55 AM   #5846
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
You are observing a culture shift where good cops no longer want to put themselves at risk and are choosing to preserve and safeguard their livelihood over the objective that made the large majority of us enter this profession in the first place (…e.g….taking bad guys to jail). When you don't feel supported, morale suffers. When morale suffers, you do the bare minimum or little to nothing at all. When you do the bare minimum, complacency sets in and you simply stop caring. When you stop caring, buoyed by laws that are too lax/pro-criminal, the community suffers as criminals run amuck. It has become a lawless free-for-all in every blue state/city in the union.
Well said, I can tell you this has been a growing sentiment for the last 20 years or so as more and more political correctness seeps into society and administration.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24980.50
paquet629.50
      05-19-2022, 08:48 AM   #5847
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan

Quote:
I can't argue with anything you state here ... up until you imply that it is only the blue states suffering lawlessness. In actuality, the murder rate is higher in red states than blue. Not debating causality, only pointing out that politics is not as big a factor in lawlessness as you have implied.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      05-19-2022, 09:29 AM   #5848
PittsDriver
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So where does that leave the well meaning police officer where every encounter he/she has there is a gun involved - because they brought it to the encounter. My friend's position is that he would just about rather have all police officers not carry a firearm if it means that drawing it on someone is likely to end their career and cost them their life savings in the civil suit.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      05-19-2022, 10:53 AM   #5849
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Yes, school in session. That's 39 over. At least Reckless?
      05-19-2022, 02:15 PM   #5850
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
Quote:
So where does that leave the well meaning police officer where every encounter he/she has there is a gun involved - because they brought it to the encounter. My friend's position is that he would just about rather have all police officers not carry a firearm if it means that drawing it on someone is likely to end their career and cost them their life savings in the civil suit.
It's silly to assert that being a police officer without a firearm in the U.S. is the better idea. If that's his position, he needs to get off the beat ASAP. No way would I deal with these savages and not have a firearm in my possession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatre View Post
Quote:
I can't argue with anything you state here ... up until you imply that it is only the blue states suffering lawlessness. In actuality, the murder rate is higher in red states than blue. Not debating causality, only pointing out that politics is not as big a factor in lawlessness as you have implied.
I said blue states/cities, meaning either or. My point was that Democrat-run states and/or cities are where majority of the crime occurs. Most crime stats have…
  • Detroit, Michigan
  • New Orleans (and Baton Rouge), Louisiana
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Memphis, Tennessee
  • Cleveland, Ohio
  • Kansas City, Missouri
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Los Angeles, California

….as being really high crime areas in the nation and all are either blue states or blue cities in red states.
Appreciate 1
jmack548.50
      05-19-2022, 02:17 PM   #5851
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
Yes, school in session. That's 39 over. At least Reckless?
It could be articulated as such.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 02:54 PM   #5852
PittsDriver
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It could be articulated as such.
In Maryland we have a 3 tier possibility of add on violations: negligent driving, reckless driving, and reckless endangerment. It's my understanding that you can get the negligent driving citation and be sent on your way whereas the other more serious levels require a popo uber ride to the graybar hotel and an impounded vehicle.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50