BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #67
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
still in college?
Yeah, but I mean, it does the job...the taste is pretty mild and it gets you drunk in no time.

Besides, who the fuck drinks beer for taste? All beer tastes like absolute shit.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #68
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep
Drives: ????

corona ftw
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #69
ililillilillilil
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
Yeah, but I mean, it does the job...the taste is pretty mild and it gets you drunk in no time.

Besides, who the fuck drinks beer for taste? All beer tastes like absolute shit.
thats just sad to be drinking and not enjoying anything about it.
its one thing to have poor taste but after a comment like that, i see you have no taste.
your obviously not drinking the right stuff but you sound too stubborn to learn how to enjoy anything good.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #70
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ililillilillilil View Post
thats just sad to be drinking and not enjoying anything about it.
its one thing to have poor taste but after a comment like that, i see you have no taste.
your obviously not drinking the right stuff but you sound too stubborn to learn how to enjoy anything good.

seems like you're missing the point...let me clarify

for me, and for most people i know, drinking is a social event...nobody drinks while alone at home or cracks open a beer after work because it tastes so great.

it just a tool to help loosen the mood so everyone can have some fun. nothing more.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #71
ililillilillilil
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 TT

im just saying you may as well enjoy it
instead of drinking shit
but you cant say it all tastes like shit just because you only drink shit
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 10:09 PM   #72
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:

Been through those days myself. In that scenario my pick is keystone light, pretty much just drinking the dregs of coors. I still remember not liking the taste of beer but as you keep drinking it, you'll acquire a taste for it. Try to expand a bit and try different styles of beer. I personally find myself to love the taste of a good hefeweizen.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #73
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
Been through those days myself. In that scenario my pick is keystone light, pretty much just drinking the dregs of coors. I still remember not liking the taste of beer but as you keep drinking it, you'll acquire a taste for it. Try to expand a bit and try different styles of beer. I personally find myself to love the taste of a good hefeweizen.
i suppose i need several more years of drinking beer to acquire that taste, not that i would want to, but i get your point.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #74
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
i suppose i need several more years of drinking beer to acquire that taste, not that i would want to, but i get your point.
Start drinking more craft beers instead of coors, bud, miller, etc. They're not bad beers, but they're just generic mass made beer that try to appeal to everyone. Try some of the stuff members have listed in this forum for example. There's tons of quality beers listed already. I don't often drink to get hammered anymore but I like beer a lot more than I used to but you're right, it was a chore to drink beer in the beginning.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #75
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:

seems like you're missing the point...let me clarify

for me, and for most people i know, drinking is a social event...nobody drinks while alone at home or cracks open a beer after work because it tastes so great.

it just a tool to help loosen the mood so everyone can have some fun. nothing more.
I'm too exhausted to go out tonight so instead I'm just gonna relax at home. Right now I'm kicking back with a bottle of Widmer hefeweizen. Sometimes I just kick back, relax, watch some tv (a game, show, movie, etc.) with one or two beers and call it a night. I don't know if it's the taste but nothing else but a beer can satisfy that craving. It's like you're relaxing but water or soda just doesn't cut it. Toss in a bottle of beer and it's heaven...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #76
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:

I used to hate, HATE beer. I never understood why people even drank it because it tasted like shit. Then just one day I was throwing a BBQ and just drank a few beer and just kinda got used to it. I didn't understand how it happened but it definitely is an acquired taste (just like wine).
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #77
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
Why didn't I see this thread earlier? Great question OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek0812 View Post
GUINNESS FTW

Also like:

Newcastle
Hoegarden
John Smith
Kronenburg
Leffe
Budvar
Good taste...must be a Montego blue thing. I'd add:

Widmer Hefeweisen
Boddingtons

I love living in Washington state where I have dozens of microbreweries to choose from..and Fish Tale Brewery 5 minutes from my house.
Appreciate 0