BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-02-2022, 10:31 PM   #1
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Have You Ever Had a Strange Feeling About a Place?

Have you ever had a strange feeling about a location but don't know why and seeming have no reason to? I've had an odd feeling about a place for many years and always tell my wife so when driving through there. Specifically a certain house. Interesting part is I mentioned this to my father and he immediately told me the exact place I have the feelings. He gets them there as well.

I've made many attempts in looking at past history that could possibly shed light on why. All I've found in that area was a trail that was used by the Native Americans and French. Address searches show no reports of anything odd.

Maybe it's a magnetic field difference that just throws me off. One little tidbit about myself is that since I was a small child people have always trusted me for my immediate opinion of others and even animals, it always proves right. Not saying I'm a physic and gifted in some "supernatural" way, it's just how I perceive things. So is this another thing I'm perceiving? All I know is I'm about ready to buy the home to try and figure mystery out lol. Unfortunately I do have a pretty uneasy feeling about the place, so much so I honestly don't think I would step foot on the property. Which is unusual for me since I do/have done dangerous hobbies and careers.

I don't talk to anyone else about these things expect my parents and wife. I thought maybe some one here has had similar experiences or a logical explanation.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 10:48 PM   #2
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Post up the address. let the Internet sleuths here take a shot at finding old news stories, records, or anything that might shed some light on the place.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314088.50
2000cs3766.00
      01-03-2022, 12:18 AM   #3
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Sub’d
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 05:53 AM   #4
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Glitch in the matrix

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 3
Buug95921522.50
DocL2048.50
Our03z41759.50
      01-03-2022, 09:52 AM   #5
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

There is this one house on the 126 freeway, between Fillmore and Magic Mountain. I can remember the first day my father drove us to MM, and I KNEW this house was coming up around the corner. Something to do with aliens, and cows. I was probably about 10.

Sounds cliché, but I tell you this in all honesty. I had never been on the 126 freeway, but knew exactly how the driveway wound up the property and to the house. I had dreams, or maybe memories, of encounters there.

To be fair, you are all just the background in some alien experiment, ala the Menagerie from Star Trek.
Appreciate 2
Our03z41759.50
wrickem2137.50
      01-03-2022, 02:01 PM   #6
bvrider1
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 m3 + f80 zcp

I would not go there myself based on what you said. Don't do it..
Appreciate 1
Our03z41759.50
      01-04-2022, 12:34 PM   #7
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

One of the more interesting (and less magical/fanciful) explanations for the 'haunted house/area' phenomenon is ultra-low frequency sound (aka infrasound). Frequencies way below hearing range, so no auditory effect, but known to produce feelings of unease or irritability, along with other physio reactions (e.g. vestibular oddities - floating/dizzy/unsteady; visual changes - eyeball flexes in time with frequencies, distorting vision and making things at periphery seem to move). Makes some evolutionary sense, since this is produced by earthquakes and hurricanes. These ultralow frequencies tend to coalesce in areas, similar to how ripples on a pond will all congregate or end up coming together at certain points (or like the codom reefs in the ocean where all the junk collects). There has been speculation that some 'haunted houses' are located in areas where this is occurring, but I DK if anybody has actually demonstrated this. On a personal (and more mystical) note, I have definitely experienced a few instances of distinct subjective unease like OP describes, and several times it was clearly linked to an area where one would expect there to be 'residual negative emotional energy' so I can't really rule out the haunting. Touring the old Columbus Asylum, as you walked along the hallways the transitions between patient areas and the areas that had been walled off for staff felt like stepping from a warm house out into a cold winter day (emotionally more than physical coldness). And a friend had an old farmhouse that I mentioned this effect to them, and they tell me that I'm having it in the room where an old relative had been chained their whole life (back then they didn't have institutions, and the guy was psychotic/brain damaged). I'd love to visit the place with the right measurement equiptment, but would not suggest buying it and moving in.
Appreciate 1
Our03z41759.50
      01-04-2022, 12:59 PM   #8
RMachuca3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Msport

Garage List
Yup!

Often times its from a dejavu that comes true, other times i swear its a past life thing, as ridiculous as it sounds.

Funnily enough, I can read people quickly and accurately.
Appreciate 2
Our03z41759.50
wrickem2137.50
      01-04-2022, 12:59 PM   #9
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

I had this once, as a young boy. It was a house just a few down from one of ours (I lived in many different places as a child). It was the upper floor window specifically. I have memories of seeing someone in the window, though I can't say for certain that there was ever anyone really there. I actually have a song associated with it (Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot). The song made me feel like the upper window made me feel.

I visited the place again several years back, just to see if the feeling persisted, and it did, but it was minimal. It really wasn't until I thought about it and heard the song in my head that it gave me the creeps.

Looking around, there was nothing special about the house, or the window, and I can't imagine there would be anything special about someone looking out of it, or why it would have made such an impression. I was very small, and the window was very high, so something made me look up, carved that memory, and gave me that feeling. What that something was/is I would have no idea.
Appreciate 2
Our03z41759.50
wrickem2137.50
      01-04-2022, 01:21 PM   #10
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Recently, the LOL Pic and Cool Pic threads. Sends shivers up my spine these days.
Appreciate 5
DETRoadster11485.50
M5Rick66623.50
wrickem2137.50
      01-04-2022, 03:06 PM   #11
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Recently, the LOL Pic and Cool Pic threads. Sends shivers up my spine these days.
Careful King Rudi, much like strange, creepy, places those two threads will lead to persons mysteriously disappearing.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13065.50
Buug95921522.50
      01-04-2022, 03:37 PM   #12
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Careful King Rudi, much like strange, creepy, places those two threads will lead to persons mysteriously disappearing.
Indeed those threads are much like The Devils Triangle.

Apparently my post, expressing my thoughts in one of those threads, disappeared as well.

Last edited by King Rudi; 01-04-2022 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 3
      01-04-2022, 04:25 PM   #13
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Aahhhhhh so you too are familiar with the Chinese like authoritarianism recently done in silence…. Quite sad.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13065.50
vanguard8245.50
      01-04-2022, 04:26 PM   #14
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Indeed those threads are much like The Devils Triangle.

Apparently my post, expressing my thoughts in one of those threads, disappeared as well.
Opinions, when they differ MUST BE SILENCED.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      01-04-2022, 04:32 PM   #15
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Opinions, when they differ MUST BE SILENCED.
It's just sad that someone figured out how to post pictures and now it's all that happens. Most aren't funny or cool, someone just needs their validation. If someone speaks up about it, suddenly they disappear; yet the individual who participates in the same bickery escapes without a scratch.

Most everyone sees it, but few say anything because of ban.
Appreciate 5
      01-04-2022, 04:49 PM   #16
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Things that happen in places seem to leave energy behind. Some people feel it. Some people don't. Maybe it's all bullshit. But there are sure a lot of "coincidences" that people tell around places that have a lot of history.

Shawn
Appreciate 2
Our03z41759.50
      01-04-2022, 05:59 PM   #17
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
And maybe the Admin have good cause. This is a privately owned Forum. Individuals who only show-up to to denigrate the Forum, the moderators and threads etc... and spend most of their time insulting members might just be viewed as non grata. Those who feel that this Forum is not up to their Holier than Thou standards, can go play somewhere else. Just saying.

Jason Mark
Appreciate 1
3.0L9795.00
      01-04-2022, 06:58 PM   #18
RMachuca3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
Things that happen in places seem to leave energy behind. Some people feel it. Some people don't. Maybe it's all bullshit. But there are sure a lot of "coincidences" that people tell around places that have a lot of history.

Shawn
Same for bad apples, having grown up in a very very violent place, i met a few people who had taken lives, they definitively have a negative energy to them.
Appreciate 1
Our03z41759.50
      01-04-2022, 07:17 PM   #19
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post

Shawn
Who knows. This is literally the only place I have ever gotten bad vibes. People on the other hand...

Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
I had this once, as a young boy. It was a house just a few down from one of ours (I lived in many different places as a child). It was the upper floor window specifically. I have memories of seeing someone in the window, though I can't say for certain that there was ever anyone really there. I actually have a song associated with it (Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot). The song made me feel like the upper window made me feel.

I visited the place again several years back, just to see if the feeling persisted, and it did, but it was minimal. It really wasn't until I thought about it and heard the song in my head that it gave me the creeps.

Looking around, there was nothing special about the house, or the window, and I can't imagine there would be anything special about someone looking out of it, or why it would have made such an impression. I was very small, and the window was very high, so something made me look up, carved that memory, and gave me that feeling. What that something was/is I would have no idea.
Very interesting! Thanks for the reply and sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMachuca3d View Post
Yup!

Often times its from a dejavu that comes true, other times i swear its a past life thing, as ridiculous as it sounds.

Now this I can relate to. I experience dejavu quite often. I always try to change the story line when it happens, do you do that as well? Interesting you can read people quickly and accurately too. My mother says (sounds like Forest Gump when I say that) I have the "Spirit of Discernment" and tells people to trust what I say about someone. So much pressure lol. My wife uses me to judge how crazy her future horse projects are, I just look in their eyes and know. I know nothing about horse but get full veto power. Man reading all this back to myself I think I'm nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
One of the more interesting (and less magical/fanciful) explanations for the 'haunted house/area' phenomenon is ultra-low frequency sound (aka infrasound). Frequencies way below hearing range, so no auditory effect, but known to produce feelings of unease or irritability, along with other physio reactions (e.g. vestibular oddities - floating/dizzy/unsteady; visual changes - eyeball flexes in time with frequencies, distorting vision and making things at periphery seem to move). Makes some evolutionary sense, since this is produced by earthquakes and hurricanes. These ultralow frequencies tend to coalesce in areas, similar to how ripples on a pond will all congregate or end up coming together at certain points (or like the codom reefs in the ocean where all the junk collects). There has been speculation that some 'haunted houses' are located in areas where this is occurring, but I DK if anybody has actually demonstrated this. On a personal (and more mystical) note, I have definitely experienced a few instances of distinct subjective unease like OP describes, and several times it was clearly linked to an area where one would expect there to be 'residual negative emotional energy' so I can't really rule out the haunting. Touring the old Columbus Asylum, as you walked along the hallways the transitions between patient areas and the areas that had been walled off for staff felt like stepping from a warm house out into a cold winter day (emotionally more than physical coldness). And a friend had an old farmhouse that I mentioned this effect to them, and they tell me that I'm having it in the room where an old relative had been chained their whole life (back then they didn't have institutions, and the guy was psychotic/brain damaged). I'd love to visit the place with the right measurement equiptment, but would not suggest buying it and moving in.
VERY intriguing that you mention infrasound. I listened to podcast a few months ago about people having issues with gas meters that literally drove people insane. They explained that it's a little known and potentially dangerous environmental impact. I am always driving through this area so I'm not sure how much infrasound could be at play. Maybe a magnetic field? You never know though. Thanks for your well thought out post!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 07:41 PM   #20
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
And maybe the Admin have good cause. This is a privately owned Forum. Individuals who only show-up to to denigrate the Forum, the moderators and threads etc... and spend most of their time insulting members might just be viewed as non grata. Those who feel that this Forum is not up to their Holier than Thou standards, can go play somewhere else. Just saying.
Just cautioning a friend not to run afoul of the new forum status quo. No need to put the mods on speed dial over my comment. There's no animosity or negativity here. Just chattin' about spooky places.
Appreciate 1
Lady Jane79063.00
      01-04-2022, 10:23 PM   #21
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMachuca3d View Post
Yup!

It's a weird occurrence. I've found that usually in my dreams that tend to end up in. "I've been there before" usually having something red in them. Anymore I recognize it more easily and chalk it up to me being where I'm supposed to be. I now find it reassuring. Strangely enough I also find that I read poeple well.

As for feeling weird about places. I've lived in a house that in my opinion was haunted. I would see and hear things that I still can't explain or rationalize. I was once in a house while house hunting and had an immediate and intense feeling that I needed to get out of the house. Very strange. On another house hunting trip I entered a room that felt more warm and inviting than the rest of the house. An overwhelming sense of being home. I asked the realtor if anyone had died in the house. Turns out that the father of one of the owners wanted to pass at home and it was in that room. We bought the house and never felt uncomfortable in it.
Appreciate 2
Our03z41759.50
wrickem2137.50
      01-04-2022, 11:02 PM   #22
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
No one has holier than thou standards, it's just that a few of us do not appreciate Google Images content being shared here, in so many threads, so often. Recycling content from other sources isn't exactly "helping advance the forum", either.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13065.50
hubbahubba10918.50
vanguard8245.50
Der_Wolf892.00