BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

09-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
Davin
Lieutenant Colonel
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: Yes

Just Wondering

My Dad and I placed an order for an Alpine White 530i M-sport about a month ago. The M sport kit comes with M style 135 rims. In Trinidad, there are several 5 series with the sports kit with these rims, with some of them having the option 19inch rims. We wanted to be unique (by having 1/3 530's in the country) so my dad and i have already ordered some M5 rims, which in my opinion is some simple, sporty, and elegant rims which is also easy to clean
My problem is that after looking at several pictures on the internet, I'm starting to think that the M5 rims may look a little too small on the car and should have opted for some 20inch M5 reps or some 20inch rims i could buy straight from BMW. I been wondering if it was the right decision, and if it would really look okay.
If not, what lowering kits should i get?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Davin
Lieutenant Colonel
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Wow, 5post REALLY is dead
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
Hyper_545i
Private
Rep
Drives: 545i

This place is dead! Go over to E60 Forums. I think it is http://5sweries.net and then go to the forum section. Great Site! In regards to your question, I had the M5 OEM 166's on my 545i and thought they looked great! They do not look small at all. They compliment the car nicely. Go over to the E60 Site and search. You see a ton of pictures from members rides with the M5 wheels on them. Another alternative if you plan on staying with OEM wheels would be the M6 Wheels. Same size, but a lot more aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Davin
Lieutenant Colonel
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_545i View Post
This place is dead! Go over to E60 Forums. I think it is http://5sweries.net and then go to the forum section. Great Site! In regards to your question, I had the M5 OEM 166's on my 545i and thought they looked great! They do not look small at all. They compliment the car nicely. Go over to the E60 Site and search. You see a ton of pictures from members rides with the M5 wheels on them. Another alternative if you plan on staying with OEM wheels would be the M6 Wheels. Same size, but a lot more aggressive.
Clicked on the link and led to a page load error. i would really be interested in an active 5 series forum
However, thanks for the feedback
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 06:28 AM   #5
Hyper_545i
Private
Rep
Drives: 545i

Davin,

Sorry about that. I mis-typed the site. Go here.

http://forums.5series.net/
Appreciate 0