BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-11-2008, 06:43 AM   #1
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Lunesta T.V. ad. WTF?

I have no problems going to sleep. Thank god. A commercial for Lunesta is running on T.V. and this is what I heard at the end.
"Please contact your doctor if you find yourself walking or driving while asleep using Lunesta". What? I only saw it once but I am pretty sure I heard what I think I heard.

Another one that makes me want to puke is the grey hair for men product using a Cream song. "Sunshine of your Love". That goof ball on stage with the guitar giving his gal a smooch. Eric Clapton must be puking. I heard it is a cover of the song.

OK I feel better.....
      06-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
yeah, i really like how in united states pharmaceutical companies come up with a drug, and then they come up with a sickness that that drug cures. But for some reason the drug has more side effects than anything.....

"you are late to work every morning? you may have a disease that millions of American suffer from - WORKLATIS! Ask your doctor about THEREONTIMESIL! Side effects may include sickness, loss of sleep, diarrhea, vomiting, hot flushes, cold sweat, weak bones, sleep walking, priapism, risk of stroke and high blood pressue. Please do not drive, walk, or operate heavy machinery when you are taking THEREONTIMESIL!"
      06-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
yeah, i really like how in united states pharmaceutical companies come up with a drug, and then they come up with a sickness that that drug cures. But for some reason the drug has more side effects than anything.....

"you are late to work every morning? you may have a disease that millions of American suffer from - WORKLATIS! Ask your doctor about THEREONTIMESIL! Side effects may include sickness, loss of sleep, diarrhea, vomiting, hot flushes, cold sweat, weak bones, sleep walking, priapism, risk of stroke and high blood pressue. Please do not drive, walk, or operate heavy machinery when you are taking THEREONTIMESIL!"
LOL, so true.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

You forgot the side effects like infections. All these new ones are listing that???
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

An infection could be manageable. Driving while asleep?
      06-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #6
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

I understand Ambien has the same side effect. Patrick Kennedy crashed his car into a security barrier near the Capitol last year and explained that he was asleep at the time. There is an article about the incident here.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #7
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I have no problems going to sleep. Thank god. A commercial for Lunesta is running on T.V. and this is what I heard at the end.
"Please contact your doctor if you find yourself walking or driving while asleep using Lunesta". What? I only saw it once but I am pretty sure I heard what I think I heard.

Another one that makes me want to puke is the grey hair for men product using a Cream song. "Sunshine of your Love". That goof ball on stage with the guitar giving his gal a smooch. Eric Clapton must be puking. I heard it is a cover of the song.

OK I feel better.....

From the Lunesta website:

SPECIAL CONCERNS “Sleep-Driving” and other complex behaviors

There have been reports of people getting out of bed after taking a sedative-hypnotic and driving their cars while not fully awake, often with no memory of the event. If a patient experiences such an episode, it should be reported to his or her doctor immediately, since “sleep-driving” can be dangerous. This behavior is more likely to occur when LUNESTA is taken with alcohol or other central nervous system depressants. Other complex behaviors (e.g., preparing and eating food, making phone calls, or having sex) have been reported in patients who are not fully awake after taking a sedative-hypnotic. As with sleep-driving, patients usually do not remember these events.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #8
Glacked
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
An infection could be manageable.
Do you own stock in Valtrex?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacked View Post
Do you own stock in Valtrex?
No. I am a medical ninny. The commercial caught my ear is all.
      06-11-2008, 03:11 PM   #10
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
From the Lunesta website:

SPECIAL CONCERNS “Sleep-Driving” and other complex behaviors

There have been reports of people getting out of bed after taking a sedative-hypnotic and driving their cars while not fully awake, often with no memory of the event. If a patient experiences such an episode, it should be reported to his or her doctor immediately, since “sleep-driving” can be dangerous. This behavior is more likely to occur when LUNESTA is taken with alcohol or other central nervous system depressants. Other complex behaviors (e.g., preparing and eating food, making phone calls, or having sex) have been reported in patients who are not fully awake after taking a sedative-hypnotic. As with sleep-driving, patients usually do not remember these events.
So...Don't make a sandwich, get comfortable, call your favorite 900 girl and wank it when taking Lunesta?
      06-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #11
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
I understand Ambien has the same side effect. Patrick Kennedy crashed his car into a security barrier near the Capitol last year and explained that he was asleep at the time. There is an article about the incident here.
Sounds very spicious..
      06-16-2008, 12:09 AM   #12
Dwn2earth610
avant-garde
Rep
Drives: to work everyday

how would you know if your driving if your sleeping... do you just wake up in a random place? bc i have a feeling if i got in a car sleeping i would just hit my gate and thats even if i can make it out of my garage lol. that would be so weird, maybe people are just dreaming that they are driving!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 07:20 PM   #13
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
solution to these crazy meds: about 1/16th of a heavy indica grade of some fresh herb. ahhh yess...