BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-08-2022, 02:57 PM   #23
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Recently since that IG blogger who asks rando's on the streets (mostly in Miami and other big cities) what they do for a living and many of the top earners responded "software sales" I was waiting for this thread to start. Good luck!
Good call. I usually go with what an IG influencer says also.
When it trends it trends. You don't have to follow someone to be exposed to them by the algorithms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 03:08 PM   #24
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
When it trends it trends. You don't have to follow someone to be exposed to them by the algorithms.
And I would certainly not recommend basing a career decision on a random person being interviewed in the street of Miami by a social media influencer. Remember, this is content created to keep you entertained for a few minutes when you're on the toilet!

That being said, software sales (or IT sales in general) isn't all unicorns and rainbows. Unless your heart is really into it and you really understand what it is you're selling, many don't survive or don't make anywhere near what they were promised.

If you read the fine print, starting off in software sales can mean starting at the bottom banging out 75 cold calls a day. Some survive and move up, many don't.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2022, 06:31 PM   #25
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

100%. I'm not naive to sales, I've sold commercial real estate and life insurance… it's definitely not for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 10:20 AM   #26
x3sm
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 Porsche

Quote:
100%. I'm not naive to sales, I've sold commercial real estate and life insurance… it's definitely not for everyone.
Yeah I'm also in Real Estate.. I love it, sales is my thing for sure. I would also say instagram has more influencers talking about making money in RE (encouraging people to get in) vs Software Sales. But every time I hear people on IG talking about making money in RE, they are not wrong, it's just not for everyone and not as easy as they make it sound. All that is beside the point though.
AUDI S4: SOLD
BMW E92 335: SOLD
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2022, 03:03 PM   #27
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sm View Post
I like that! Any suggestions at what companies to look at for employment?
Exactly the companies he's making fun of.

Companies are moving to the Saas model because it produces lower, but consistent revenue (which keeps Wall St and your RSU values happy) over a 1-time purchase then selling upgrades. Because people go, "I have X version of Y software and it does what I need it to. So why would do I need to upgrade it?"

Plus, I think there is an advantage to it for users as well. At least with the types of software I've used in my career. Because instead of buying say, Adobe Framemaker for $1500.......I can pay $30/month and get the upgrades as they are released vs having to pay for each one.

Last edited by OkieSnuffBox; 09-13-2022 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0