BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-05-2021, 09:32 PM   #23
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Sounds counter intuitive, but I don't accept cash.

I've had a couple of "I'll bring cash and a bill counter".
Why not? You can do any cash transactions at the bank. I've done close to 200k cash this way
Counterfeit bills.

I've read a few comments here that a cashier's check in the US can be cancelled. Not sure if it's the same then, but we have something called a bank draft, which is the same as money.

When the cashier gives it to you, money is taken from your account. Lose the draft, lose cash. No way to "revert" it. So that is the way to go for me.

Of course I've always taken a personal regular check once, but it was from a dealer who messed up and didn't get the draft on time, and it was Saturday. Took a few days of apprehension for it to clear, but trusted the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 09:55 PM   #24
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Counterfeit bills.

I've read a few comments here that a cashier's check in the US can be cancelled. Not sure if it's the same then, but we have something called a bank draft, which is the same as money.

When the cashier gives it to you, money is taken from your account. Lose the draft, lose cash. No way to "revert" it. So that is the way to go for me.

Of course I've always taken a personal regular check once, but it was from a dealer who messed up and didn't get the draft on time, and it was Saturday. Took a few days of apprehension for it to clear, but trusted the dealer.
Bills are all counted and verified by bank and deposited to your acc at the same time
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 10:01 PM   #25
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Quote:
Counterfeit bills.

Bills are all counted and verified by bank and deposited to your acc at the same time
I've usually done sales after business hours or on weekends. No banks open then, for the most part.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 05:59 AM   #26
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

I prefer my payment in goats
Appreciate 2
UncleWede17877.00
ntg442887.50
      10-06-2021, 01:05 PM   #27
Pottah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrum View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback and boy what a story Pottah. I thought I'd be saving a headache by trading in to a dealer for a decent amount but these sound like sensible solutions too.
I had a friend who is a sales manager at a dealership check the recent auto auction sales and he estimated I would probably be offered $10k if I were to trade it in. I thought stripping the aftermarket parts to do a part out (coilovers, intake, tune, high flow cat, cat back, etc) and just trade it in but the guy was willing to pay $16.5k as-is so at the time it was a no brainer. Was a bit of a pain though.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 01:39 PM   #28
PawelR
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530xd, BMW E90 320d

I prefer Bank transfer. After 3-5min i have money on my bank account.
Appreciate 0