BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-10-2021, 07:51 AM   #45
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inPHX View Post
So the three places on my mind are Houston, Raleigh and the pacific NW. I want to be near the coast (Raleigh has the business triangle and inland enough I don't have to worry too much about hurricanes). I'm thinking of a 6-9 month lease to get to know the area before buying and if I don't like the area/lifestyle I'll go to Raleigh and then the NW.

-I'd like a place on the outskirts in a quiet area/non congested with around a 15-20 minute drive to work, 30 minutes max. I don't want to be sitting in traffic jams.
-Nearbodies of water so I can go bass fishing on foot or by kayak.
-Trails or hills to hike
-Seafood

Currently looking into the southern west-east part of Houston, any suggestions on areas?
Absolute no to Houston. As someone who lived there IMO you'll be sorely disappointed.

Of the three locations I would choose Raleigh.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 2
E92inNC1709.50
MsGoGoMoto1218.00
      10-10-2021, 08:03 AM   #46
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGoGoMoto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2021 View Post
Why don't you consider Dallas or Austin?
I've been to Dallas. It is nice.
I heard good things about Austin.
Dallas, hell no. What you trying to do, depress the man ? Loool
Used to live there for work. One year.
Criiiiime.
I stayed at a Candlewood suites Richardson.. it's like 5 mins from Dallas.. there was a pre- lobby… with a person at a bullet proof window that you had to be buzzed into in order to get to the regular check in lobby. Just FAAACK MAN.

South Dallas has more steel on windows than Detroit has steel.
The first time I saw a subdivision of nice 5 bedroom homes with an iron bar enclosure at the front door. So you have an iron cage with a door, then your normal door.

I need to dig up the pic of the church bus enclosed in a steel cage. That damn photo made it around 2500 people at the company I worked for then.

Subcontractor dropped off a rented mini excavator at a public school for his men to dig up a wier inlet to fix a flooding issue. Came back in the morning to meet and manage the sub (I was a superintendent for a Nationwide GC)…… IT WAS STOLEN. Sorry sunbelt rentals…I didn't do it. I swear.

Dallas public schools…… bullet holes in the storefront glazing….. I was told….. a parent did it…. I kept ALL these pics too. I couldn't wait to hop on out of there lol

Holy cow
Austin. College town. Still stuck in Texas.

Just get over to Carolina and thank us later.
When the winter hits and you're snuggled up in a mountain cabin, put some cognac in your coffee for me please.
I saw a drive-by shooting in Missouri City (Houston). Poor guy was shot while pumping gas.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
MsGoGoMoto1218.00
      10-10-2021, 08:36 AM   #47
Jhanksm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Comp

I'm from Raleigh, and I think you would love it there especially with the other choices you have mentioned
Appreciate 2
E92inNC1709.50
MsGoGoMoto1218.00
      10-28-2021, 07:56 AM   #48
ruben356
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 _ San Marino Blue

On similar boat OP. Currently in MA and looking to get away from here, to somewhere more relaxed and a bit more to stretch out. Recently travelled out West and love the area of AZ and Colorado, just way too far from any family for it to work for me. I'm more looking for flexibility in career, so I'm looking for more remote/travelling position that allows me to live basically anywhere if that's possible. I really liked down in Naples FL, but since you said no Hurricanes probably wouldn't work. Recently spent some time down there with a close cousin that lives there and loved it. I don't have a family started yet, so I would not be inclined to move somewhere completely alone, but i would consider NC otherwise. Good Luck
Appreciate 1
E92inNC1709.50
      10-28-2021, 09:17 AM   #49
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Houston is terrible. I haven't been there in years and hope I never have to go back. And this was just visiting, because a girl I dated in college was from Houston.
Appreciate 1
E92inNC1709.50