BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-30-2021, 12:27 PM   #1
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

AirBNB

Thoughts
Stories
The good
The bad
The Ugly.....

This place looks like a blast in Missouri:
Appreciate 1
wtwo317943.50
      09-30-2021, 12:59 PM   #2
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Thanks to you I just wasted 30 minutes looking at all these amenities, actually finding it on Airbnb to see how much it cost (way too much unfortunately, and the cars are not included despite the video implying they were)....that'd be a crazy place to stay though!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 01:01 PM   #3
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

On my west coast tour back in 2018 I kept the whole tour up from San Diego to finish in Frisco in AirBNB except Vegas.
Met very cool people, learned a bit of US household culture and dealing with your soft skills.
Absolut top rest was in Santa Barbara, a room at the higher levels of the city, direct view to the Channel Islands (and the oil rigs), a beautiful garden with 2 hummingbirds and a very nice couple of old guys, former teacher and artist.
Most spectacular was Frisco near Coit Tower, man, those steep streets down from there were a challenge to drive into both directions.
In Fresno there was no real personal contact to the hosts, just a hi&bye, but thats ok.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 01:44 PM   #4
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Thanks to you I just wasted 30 minutes looking at all these amenities, actually finding it on Airbnb to see how much it cost (way too much unfortunately, and the cars are not included despite the video implying they were)....that'd be a crazy place to stay though!
8 couples and its $200/night
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 01:48 PM   #5
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

My wife keeps suggesting AirBNB's when we look to go away and I'm kinda iffy about them and just weird hosts but this happened right down the road here years back.

Truthfully, someone wants to record my bare ass walking around or whatever I don't care but I'm sure my wife doesnt want to end up on Xvideos or Youpron unknowingly

https://www.tampabay.com/news/public...condo/2340843/
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 02:28 PM   #6
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

My wife works for Hilton and generally we stay at Hilton properties on the extreme cheap.

With that said, if you get 16 people this place really isn't too bad. 125 or so a night.

Do the atv's/go karts come included?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 02:38 PM   #7
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

We've been using Air BnB almost exclusively for 4 years now. Love it. Have not had a bad experience yet. Quite the opposite actually. it works well for us because we both have some food issues (celiac for my wife, allergies for me) so when we vacation we like to do a lot of our own cooking. We also save money that way and time as we aren't wasting hours in restaurants dining out. We've done Air BnBs all over the US, Canada, Europe, Mexico. All good. Like anything just pick places with lots of good reviews. Simple as that.

On a related side note, we also do a lot with Hipcamp which is like Air BnB for camping. People with property rent it out for camping. F those crowded, noisy, shitty, state campgrounds. We just stayed on 17 acres in the woods on a river. Had the place to ourselves. Amazing.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4478.50
nyalpine907423.50