BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

12-29-2023, 10:54 AM   #1
Farkas166
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E61 525d

E60 525d automatic transmission problem

Hello,

I have an e61 525d 163 hp car with a 6hp26 automatic transmission. that's when the problem started, that the transmission jerked, then I took it to a mechanic, they renewed the transmission controller, but the problem remained the same. they advised me to renew the gearbox, for this project I bought a disassembled gearbox with original zf parts, all the plates and seals were completely renewed, then the jerking stopped while driving. However, I noticed that if I put it in position D when stationary, the engine stops in position R as well. Even if I release my leg from the bed, it starts suddenly. Then they said it would be a wandler problem, I had it renewed but the problem remained. after that I had a MAF sensor error, I did that too, but it still chokes the engine if I stand on the brake for more than 1-2 seconds and it stops. I hope someone can help me, because I've run out of ideas, even automatic transmission mechanics are only guessing what the problem might be. Has anyone encountered this? thank you in advance for your help.
Appreciate 0