BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-09-2021, 11:21 AM   #507
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Most days I consider my life to be extremely busy, very little sleep and I try to accomplish way too much in a given day. I stay stressed out and in a continual state of frustration based on other people's lack of effort, lack of communication, lack of understanding or lack of willingness to work with other people. This usually leaves me feeling like a time bomb ready to explode but I try to stay professional and reserved; keeping my thoughts to myself. This particular day, I have had bomb dropped in my lap that I have been avoiding. Today is the day that I finally unleash the dragon. Today will most likely be a very bad day for someone as the frustration is about to be released.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59630.00
      09-09-2021, 12:25 PM   #508
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I was successful in putting a new KM "magic mouse" switch in dispatch, so that a single keyboard/mouse control 4 computers simply by moving the mouse across the screens. Programming, data cables, the sheer nastiness behind those desks. . . <shudders uncontrollably>

Now that proof of concept is accomplished, placed a second order.

I was NOT looking forward to this task at all.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-09-2021, 12:34 PM   #509
Gregrobin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

I slept 9 hours straight, like a baby.
      09-09-2021, 12:46 PM   #510
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I was successful in putting a new KM "magic mouse" switch in dispatch, so that a single keyboard/mouse control 4 computers simply by moving the mouse across the screens. Programming, data cables, the sheer nastiness behind those desks. . . <shudders uncontrollably>

Now that proof of concept is accomplished, placed a second order.

I was NOT looking forward to this task at all.
I'll pause my mini-breakdown to inquire here. Currently have 2 machines and 4 monitors atop my desk. I did check out some meeses similar to which you speak of. What was the set up like? Both machines are windows so no magic mice for me. Currently using MS Arc mice for each machine, which i love aside from the scroll function is hit or miss.

This is what I'm considering. https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...10-005620.html Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 12:52 PM   #511
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I'll pause my mini-breakdown to inquire here. Currently have 2 machines and 4 monitors atop my desk. I did check out some meeses similar to which you speak of. What was the set up like? Both machines are windows so no magic mice for me. Currently using MS Arc mice for each machine, which i love aside from the scroll function is hit or miss.

This is what I'm considering. https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...10-005620.html Thoughts?
Mine was "magic" in that there is a single mouse/keyboard, but on 4 computers. We had a dispatcher file a WC claim because she had to lean forward and select the appropriate machine using a traditional KVM.
https://www.cdwg.com/product/Black-B...ouse-Switching $775
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 01:10 PM   #512
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Mine was "magic" in that there is a single mouse/keyboard, but on 4 computers. We had a dispatcher file a WC claim because she had to lean forward and select the appropriate machine using a traditional KVM.
https://www.cdwg.com/product/Black-B...ouse-Switching $775
Ah, thought you were referring to Apple's Magic Mouse. Basic ergonomic principles get overlooked more often than not....they will get you. Link es no beuno.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 01:21 PM   #513
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Most days I consider my life to be extremely busy, very little sleep and I try to accomplish way too much in a given day. I stay stressed out and in a continual state of frustration based on other people's lack of effort, lack of communication, lack of understanding or lack of willingness to work with other people. This usually leaves me feeling like a time bomb ready to explode but I try to stay professional and reserved; keeping my thoughts to myself. This particular day, I have had bomb dropped in my lap that I have been avoiding. Today is the day that I finally unleash the dragon. Today will most likely be a very bad day for someone as the frustration is about to be released.
Sometimes it happens. Sucks being the boss some days. If this is regarding one of your employees it’s likely they did it to themself.
I always say, I don’t fire people…they fire themselves
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-09-2021, 01:35 PM   #514
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Quote:
Sometimes it happens. Sucks being the boss some days. If this is regarding one of your employees it’s likely they did it to themself.
I always say, I don’t fire people…they fire themselves
Not work related but the sentiment of your statement is valid in this situation....and noted.
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4478.50
      09-09-2021, 01:48 PM   #515
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-09-2021, 02:36 PM   #516
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
This emoji is more accurate than you can imagine. The vibe emanating from me today has yielded countless, "What is wrongs" and complete avoidance from people who know they get under my skin. I have to say I am quite fortunate in this department. On top of the bullshit going on in my personal life, work load has been insane today. At least the work group understands my personality enough to know when not to bombard me with stupid petty shit.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15689.50
Tommy-G4478.50
      09-09-2021, 02:44 PM   #517
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
The Kraken is going to be released?
I know it's not because of that woman that is in the same space as you listening to country music all day long everyday. For me, that might be a time bomb though.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-09-2021, 02:51 PM   #518
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
The Kraken is going to be released?
I know it's not because of that woman that is in the same space as you listening to country music all day long everyday. For me, that might be a time bomb though.
Good memory! You know, oddly enough, I despise most country music; but I've gotten to where I just tune her out completely. The demons whispering in my head keep me from being able to focus on the country music.

Side note: There is a new Applebee's commercial with people dancing to a country song, that I assumed was written for an Applebee's commercial. I found out today this song, that I have grown to hate in the matter of a few days, is an actually country song. The awesome part is now I'll get to hear this song every hour on the hour, even away from a TV.

My office mate has been picking up on my energy all day. She actually asked me if I was alright today and was genuinely concerned. This woman and I do not have good history. For her to ask, really says something.
Appreciate 2
TiMSport12792.50
      09-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #519
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Good memory! You know, oddly enough, I despise most country music; but I've gotten to where I just tune her out completely. The demons whispering in my head keep me from being able to focus on the country music.

Side note: There is a new Applebee's commercial with people dancing to a country song, that I assumed was written for an Applebee's commercial. I found out today this song, that I have grown to hate in the matter of a few days, is an actually country song. The awesome part is now I'll get to hear this song every hour on the hour, even away from a TV.

My office mate has been picking up on my energy all day. She actually asked me if I was alright today and was genuinely concerned. This woman and I do not have good history. For her to ask, really says something.
Haha, oh shit. Maybe a couple of viewings of some of those Liberty Mutual commercials will finally release the Kraken. LOL.

Yeah if your office mate is showing concern considering your history with her, not a good sign. She's probably thinking she doesn't want to be put in your secret dungeon or bomb shelter that you have prepared for when the time comes.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-09-2021, 08:42 PM   #520
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

Attached Images

Appreciate 3
UncleWede17962.50
Tommy-G4478.50
3.0L8926.00
      09-10-2021, 05:01 PM   #521
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

I popped into work today after 2 weeks on medical leave and my guys went nuts that I was there. Kinda sucks bc it probably makes my assistant manager feel bad but…..he’s got tough skin.
Got clearance from my doctor to return Monday and I can’t wait to get back to work.
Appreciate 2
Esteban43361.50
Dpc2u11503.00
      09-10-2021, 05:10 PM   #522
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

...Because I woke up, taking breaths, and moving around. These days, that's a win!
Appreciate 2
Esteban43361.50
Dpc2u11503.00
      09-12-2021, 02:55 PM   #523
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGoGoMoto View Post
I use those on occasion.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 11:34 PM   #524
evil-G-nius
Broke A$$ Super Hero
United_States
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G37 S Coupe

Today, the 14th of September, is a great day because....

Appreciate 4
upstatedoc7555.50
Esteban43361.50
JJ 911SC22321.00
MsGoGoMoto1218.00
      09-14-2021, 11:53 PM   #525
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post

Congrats. Did you eat a Kahuna burger?
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2021, 01:50 AM   #526
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
Happy Birthday evil-G-nius! Hope you had a fun and exciting day!
      09-15-2021, 03:39 AM   #527
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:

Happy Birthday!
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2021, 04:57 AM   #528
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

Because I'm scared AF, mother-effers
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
vreihen1615143.50