BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

01-27-2022, 11:18 PM   #1
Den Maggs
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d SE 2004

Unhappy Dream becoming a nightmare

I am so hoping a member on here has the answer !!! I acquired from family member a 530d SE 2004 , which he delivered to me (driving it) told me there was issue with battery and need replacing - which I did and the car won’t start , investigation led me to the IBS lead and negative terminal , replaced it , still nothing !!! Puzzled , noticed when connected battery and attempts to start , the fuel pump was silent , and a fuel pump warning message displayed , so decided to replace it , again it started !!! Yes !!! I drove it around the block for 5 minutes returning to my road , when all of a sudden it died !!!! Pushed car back , researches and finds a 20 (yellow) had blown , replaced - blew - replaced - blew , research again found that the fuel pump relay could be the issue , so replaced that , again started the car , nothing !!! Cranks away !! Fuel pump warning message has gone , unplugged the IBS tried again , nothing , I am totally at a loss as to the issue as every bit of research has lead to everything I have done or attempted to !!! Any ideas what I should do or what I have done wrong
all replies are greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 11:02 AM   #2
H_T
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m550i

Garage List
2021 BMW m550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den Maggs View Post
I am so hoping a member on here has the answer !!! I acquired from family member a 530d SE 2004 , which he delivered to me (driving it) told me there was issue with battery and need replacing - which I did and the car won’t start , investigation led me to the IBS lead and negative terminal , replaced it , still nothing !!! Puzzled , noticed when connected battery and attempts to start , the fuel pump was silent , and a fuel pump warning message displayed , so decided to replace it , again it started !!! Yes !!! I drove it around the block for 5 minutes returning to my road , when all of a sudden it died !!!! Pushed car back , researches and finds a 20 (yellow) had blown , replaced - blew - replaced - blew , research again found that the fuel pump relay could be the issue , so replaced that , again started the car , nothing !!! Cranks away !! Fuel pump warning message has gone , unplugged the IBS tried again , nothing , I am totally at a loss as to the issue as every bit of research has lead to everything I have done or attempted to !!! Any ideas what I should do or what I have done wrong
Have you read all of the codes?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 02:45 AM   #3
Stefan1251
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 330xd, BMW E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den Maggs View Post
If the battery is new to the car it should be registerd.
If that is not the case, you could do that first to sort out the problem with your IBS.
Otherwise get your car checked with ISTA and read the fault codes.
If a 20A Fuse pops everytime then there is an open or wet cable I guess
Appreciate 0