BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

12-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #155
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Interesting points
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 05:28 AM   #156
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Sure it will if you cant be supporter by the govt on welfare your gonna make smarter choices about getting knocked up. The fall back for both is the same i dont need to be responsible for myself someone else will bear my burden for me.
Again, history disagrees with you regarding abortions. Fleet has already posted to that end, as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Not true. The abortion rate during the late 1800's is estimated to be between 1:6 and 1:3. That rate hasn't change much. Women could by drugs for an abortion prior to the Civil War.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 05:29 AM   #157
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
I think there should be a limit placed on the amount of abortions a woman can have.

That limit should be one.

The second time, you get your shit torn out so the third time is impossible.
And what happens to men who father unwanted children in this Utopia of yours?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 06:31 AM   #158
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Some libertarian views:

Rothbard (pro-choice)- "Philosopher Murray Rothbard[5] wrote that "no being has a right to live, unbidden, as a parasite within or upon some person's body" and that therefore the woman is entitled to eject the fetus from her body at any time.[6]However, explaining the right of the woman to "eject the fetus from her body", Rothbard also wrote that "every baby as soon as it is born and is therefore no longer contained within his mother's body possesses the right of self-ownership by virtue of being a separate entity and a potential adult. It must therefore be illegal and a violation of the child's rights for a parent to aggress against his person by mutilating, torturing, murdering him, etc."[7]Rothbard also opposed all federal interference with the right of local governments to fashion their own laws, so he opposed the U.S. Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision. He believed that states should be able to author their own abortion policies.[8] He also opposed taxpayer funding for abortion clinics, writing "it is peculiarly monstrous to force those who abhor abortion as murder to pay for such murders."[9]"

Walter Bock (middle ground)- "Walter Block, professor of economics at Loyola University New Orleans, provides an alternative to the standard choice between "pro-life" and "pro-choice" which he terms "evictionism". According to this moral theory, the act of abortion must be conceptually separated into the acts of (a) eviction of the fetus from the womb; and (b) killing the fetus. Building on the libertarian stand against trespass and murder, Block supports a right to the first act, but, except in certain circumstances, not the second act. He believes the woman may legally abort if (a) the fetus is not viable outside the womb; or (b) the woman has announced to the world her abandonment of the right to custody of the fetus, and (c) no one else has "homesteaded" that right by offering to care for the fetus.[12]"

Pro-life view via NAP: "Non-aggression is an ongoing obligation: it is never optional for anyone, even pregnant women. If the non-aggression obligation did not apply, then earning money versus stealing it and consensual sex versus rapewould be morally indifferent behaviors. The obligation not to aggress is pre-political and pre-legal. It does not arise out of contract, agreement, or the law; rather, such devices presuppose this obligation. The obligation would exist even in a state of nature. This is because the obligation comes with our human nature, and we acquire this nature at conception.[3]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libe...es_on_abortion

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 10:00 AM   #159
sspade
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Quote:
I think there should be a limit placed on the amount of abortions a woman can have.

That limit should be one.

The second time, you get your shit torn out so the third time is impossible.
And what happens to men who father unwanted children in this Utopia of yours?
Fair question but...

The whores control the pussy dont they?

Everyone makes mistakes, thats why you get one chance to figure it out.
      12-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #160
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Fair question but...

"The whores control the pussy", boy you must be a riot at parties.

It takes two to "tango" and create an unwanted baby. If one party gets punished, so should the other. No?
Appreciate 2
Run Silent8290.00
sspade1284.00

12-20-2018, 02:23 PM   #161
sspade
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Fair question but...

"The whores control the pussy", boy you must be a riot at parties.

It takes two to "tango" and create an unwanted baby. If one party gets punished, so should the other. No?
You are correct... takes two idiots to create an unwanted baby. No denying that.

I just feel that once a woman goes through that experience she should never have to go through it again. By way of better life choices and planning. Unless she is among the scum on this earth.

I realize there is a semi double standard here but such is life. Not much is fair or equal.

01-25-2019, 01:51 PM   #162
cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
This is from a Newsday article - The new law also shifts the abortion law from the state’s penal code to its health code — thereby removing doctors and others from the threat of prosecution, advocates say.

Help me understand this removing doctors and others from threat of prosecution. Old law - if a doctor performed an illegal abortion he could be charged with a crime. New law - if a late term abortion is performed and the mother's health isn't really at risk, no criminal charges can be filed?
Appreciate 1
Run Silent8290.00

01-25-2019, 02:09 PM   #163
cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
This is a tough pill to swallow. Although my personal feelings are against abortion, I do think it should be a personal choice. But now, full term is just wrong. I don't understand how anyone would accept this or vote for it. It's sad.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent8290.00

01-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #164
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

When I think of abortion I wonder how many Eintsteins, Mozarts, Socrates etc have been lost.
Appreciate 3
Run Silent8290.00
Joekerr3937.50
Now_Rudi4329.00

01-25-2019, 02:21 PM   #165
1MOREMOD
United_States
Rep

How about when you jack off
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2019, 02:21 PM   #166
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
When I think of abortion I wonder how many Eintsteins, Mozarts, Socrates etc have been lost.
Well - considering just in the African American community alone, New York has killed more babies than have been born - I would say the number to your question above is probably pretty high.

Alas, we will never know though - will we?

Quote:
How about when you jack off
Well - I think it's pretty obvious that none of us here would have to worry about a loss of any Eintsteins, Mozarts, Socrates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I don't understand how anyone would accept this or vote for it. It's sad.
This was never offered up for a vote to the public - it was pushed through legislation in the House and Senate. As for who voted for it - I believe it was directly down party lines, with every democrat voting for it and every republican voting against it.

Current New York law doesn’t appear to discourage women from abortion at all. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) most recent report, for the year 2015, New York City performed 544 abortions for every 1,000 live births. That means roughly one in three unborn babies are aborted in the city.

That also means the New York City’s abortion rate makes up more than half of the city’s birth rate.

That is absolutely horrifying.
SakhirM48788.50

01-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #167
cjb762
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is, MG 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
I sincerely understand your point, but I think the reality is that far more would have ended up as unloved or abused children with mainly bleak prospects ahead of them. Would they have chosen a sad, difficult life over no life? Probably.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent8290.00
Jockey1657.50

01-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #168
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2012 300C SRT8

I know...I honestly can't express how frustrated and sad I am. To see society spiral down this way and celebrate it to boot.

Return Lord Jesus.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent8290.00
SakhirM48788.50

01-26-2019, 08:01 AM   #169
other_evolved
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

Is there any further detail on the health protection part? I would be shocked if it's as subjective as stated above, usshelena. And if so, it's pretty awfully written legislation.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 08:24 AM   #170
gunsmoker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I know...I honestly can't express how frustrated and sad I am. To see society spiral down this way and celebrate it to boot.

Return Lord Jesus.
Lord Jesus = Fake News in my book.
NY abortion law not right regardless.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 11:07 AM   #171
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Well - considering just in the African American community alone, New York has killed more babies than have been born - I would say the number to your question above is probably pretty high.

Alas, we will never know though - will we?

Well - I think it's pretty obvious that none of us here would have to worry about a loss of any Eintsteins, Mozarts, Socrates.

This was never offered up for a vote to the public - it was pushed through legislation in the House and Senate. As for who voted for it - I believe it was directly down party lines, with every democrat voting for it and every republican voting against it.

Current New York law doesn’t appear to discourage women from abortion at all. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) most recent report, for the year 2015, New York City performed 544 abortions for every 1,000 live births. That means roughly one in three unborn babies are aborted in the city.

That also means the New York City’s abortion rate makes up more than half of the city’s birth rate.

That is absolutely horrifying.
Home of Planned Parenthood which was founded by Margaret Sanger, noted racist and eugenicist with the express mission of reducing the number of black persons in the population. Big surprise. Not.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM48788.50

02-08-2019, 09:36 AM   #172
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Well - apparently it is now okay to kill babies. Who knew?

First:

Massachusetts Democrats have taken a page from New York’s radical left and are pushing a bill to legalize abortion at any time during the pregnancy.

1) It now includes the language so that an abortion could take place after 24 weeks if the pregnancy risks "the mother's mental health.”
2) It now deletes the section in current Massachusetts law that requires doctors to “take all reasonable steps … to preserve the life and health of the aborted child.”
3) It removes any requirement to having life-supporting equipment in the room during a late term abortion.
4) It repeals existing law that requires a minor to get her parents’ consent before an abortion.

The bill: https://malegislature.gov/Bills/191/SD109

What the hell, folks???

================

In other news, Senate Democrats in the federal government blocked a measure Monday that would have legally protected infants born alive after an abortion procedure.

The measure is “designed to ensure any infant born alive after an abortion receives the same protection of law as any newborn: mandating care and instituting penalties for doctors who allow such infants to die or who intentionally kill a newborn,”

House Democrats have twice refused now to take up the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act for consideration.

02-08-2019, 10:14 AM   #173
1MOREMOD
United_States
Rep

They should allow it if both mother and baby are killed.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 10:16 AM   #174
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
They should allow it if both mother and baby are killed.
And the father?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 10:18 AM   #175
Eriphill
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i MPPSK

Follow the money. They get big dollars for them baby parts.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 05:09 PM   #176
1MOREMOD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And the father?
Hes long gone in these cases
Appreciate 0