BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-14-2019, 12:33 PM   #815
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8171
Rep
10,439
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
https://apnews.com/7b88f2057e124681bef5269939ecf3f5

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — An international team of investigators piecing together a criminal case in the July 2014 shooting down of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over eastern Ukraine said Thursday that evidence suggests links between Russia and separatists in the region were closer than previously believed.

The Joint Investigation Team issued a fresh appeal for witnesses and revealed details of secure communications between Russian officials and rebels in the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) rebel group in eastern Ukraine.
__________________
taking it to 7000.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #816
e90335e36m3
Private First Class
116
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: 19 M4CS; 13 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

Vladimir Putin is the man. Despite some of some of his shortcomings as a leader and personal morality which sometimes drives his political platforms, he is an effective, charismatic, popular and still widely supported by the Russian people, don't let western media fool you on that. From him, you get no bullshit, no surprises. He says what he does and does what he says. Political factions who disagree with him test this for the West because they know it will offend our liberal, politically correct sensibilities and draw ire on Putin.

If you watch is rationalizations on policy, whether foreign, domestic, economic, etc. it is well thought through and logical.

During his tenure as president, the buying power of the average Russian grew significantly. Many of the elderly were provided new housing, free of charge because their Khrushchev issued apartments were dilapidated.

As a President, he maintains Russia's legitimacy and strength, again, irrespective of what the media in the US says.

Putin has my support.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #817
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8171
Rep
10,439
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
Vladimir Putin is the man. Despite some of some of his shortcomings as a leader and personal morality which sometimes drives his political platforms, he is an effective, charismatic, popular and still widely supported by the Russian people, don't let western media fool you on that. From him, you get no bullshit, no surprises. He says what he does and does what he says. Political factions who disagree with him test this for the West because they know it will offend our liberal, politically correct sensibilities and draw ire on Putin.

If you watch is rationalizations on policy, whether foreign, domestic, economic, etc. it is well thought through and logical.

During his tenure as president, the buying power of the average Russian grew significantly. Many of the elderly were provided new housing, free of charge because their Khrushchev issued apartments were dilapidated.

As a President, he maintains Russia's legitimacy and strength, again, irrespective of what the media in the US says.

Putin has my support.
If you're for police brutality, if you're against the rule of law, I'm sure he is your man. If you like invading foreign countries for no good reason, he is the man.

If attacking people in England with nerve gas is a great idea, he's a great leader!
__________________
taking it to 7000.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2019, 04:33 PM   #818
e90335e36m3
Private First Class
116
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: 19 M4CS; 13 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
If you're for police brutality, if you're against the rule of law, I'm sure he is your man. If you like invading foreign countries for no good reason, he is the man.

If attacking people in England with nerve gas is a great idea, he's a great leader!
I think it's blatant hypocrisy to hold Putin and other leaders to different standards than we our own government.

The same can be said of most any leader, of any country, at any time, including our own. It's the way of the world. He is protecting Russian interests globally. He's just not as concerned with hiding his motivations or creating the appearance of propriety like our Presidents. Your perspective will always be biased if you take at face value everything our government and media says with respect to foreign policy.

The police in Russia uphold the rule of law no different than our own police do. The accusations of police brutality are levied against our police no different than the Russian police. Actually, the Obama administration declared open season against all law enforcement. Before you say it's legitimized by Putin, look at everything the US government legitimizes against our own people (NSA spying and the like).

Have we invaded foreign countries for no good reason? Yes. Iraq. Look up the Project for the New American Century. Following 9/11, this think tank's key objective was to establish military and strategic positioning to maintain our hegemony in key theaters, including Middle East, China. Signatories included Rumsfeld and Cheney. We invaded Iraq for oil and its strategic position next to China. Let's be serious and not legitimize it by saying we were primarily motivated by eradicating terrorism.

If you must know, the populace of Crimea is primarily Russian, not Ukrainian, and overwhelmingly supported rejoining Russia. Our policy towards Russia is always aggression. It was that way in Cuba, Ukraine, so on and so forth.

What about our efforts to install a missile defense system in Poland? Certainly that's to protect us from strikes in the Middle East and not as aggression towards and protection from Russia, right?

Again, our leadership is simply better at hiding its subversion of the law. Our presidents are no cleaner and or more ethical than Putin, they just create a better cloak of moral rectitude through an orchestrated campaign.

Last edited by e90335e36m3; 11-14-2019 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
lab_rat208.00

      11-14-2019, 04:47 PM   #819
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8171
Rep
10,439
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
I think it's blatant hypocrisy to hold Putin and other leaders to different standards than we our own government.

The same can be said of most any leader, of any country, at any time, including our own. It's the way of the world. He is protecting Russian interests globally. He's just not as concerned with hiding his motivations or creating the appearance of propriety like our Presidents. Your perspective will always be biased if you take at face value everything our government and media says with respect to foreign policy.

The police in Russia uphold the rule of law no different than our own police do. The accusations of police brutality are levied against our police no different than the Russian police. Actually, the Obama administration declared open season against all law enforcement. Before you say it's legitimized by Putin, look at everything the US government legitimizes against our own people (NSA spying and the like).

Have we invaded foreign countries for no good reason? Yes. Iraq. Look up the Project for the New American Century. Following 9/11, this think tank's key objective was to establish military and strategic positioning to maintain our hegemony in key theaters, including Middle East, China. Signatories included Rumsfeld and Cheney. We invaded Iraq for oil and its strategic position next to China. Let's be serious and not legitimize it by saying we were primarily motivated by eradicating terrorism.

If you must know, the populace of Crimea is primarily Russian, not Ukrainian, and overwhelmingly supported rejoining Russia. Our policy towards Russia is always aggression. It was that way in Cuba, Ukraine, so on and so forth.

What about our efforts to install a missile defense system in Poland? Certainly that's to protect us from strikes in the Middle East and not as aggression towards and protection from Russia, right?

Again, our leadership is simply better at hiding its subversion of the law. Our presidents are no cleaner and or more ethical than Putin, they just create a better cloak of moral rectitude through an orchestrated campaign.
All wrong. All of it. How is St. Petersburg? Cold yet?
Thanks.
__________________
taking it to 7000.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15580.50

      11-14-2019, 06:08 PM   #820
e90335e36m3
Private First Class
116
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: 19 M4CS; 13 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
All wrong. All of it. How is St. Petersburg? Cold yet?
Thanks.
You're welcome. It was 55 degrees in May of 2018 when I was there last. I imagine it's a bit colder now.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 10:01 PM   #821
Gesler
First Lieutenant
Gesler's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
321
Posts

Drives: 335i e90 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
If you're for police brutality, if you're against the rule of law, I'm sure he is your man. If you like invading foreign countries for no good reason, he is the man.
Get of the high horse please. We/Americans ought to be the last to make this type of statement. As if invading for oil is perfectly fine but invading for “no good reason”, no way.
Appreciate 1
lab_rat208.00

      11-15-2019, 09:19 AM   #822
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8171
Rep
10,439
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
If you're for police brutality, if you're against the rule of law, I'm sure he is your man. If you like invading foreign countries for no good reason, he is the man.
Get of the high horse please. We/Americans ought to be the last to make this type of statement. As if invading for oil is perfectly fine but invading for “no good reason”, no way.
Again, Everything you just said is wrong
__________________
taking it to 7000.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #823
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8171
Rep
10,439
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Berlin murder: Germany expels two Russian diplomats https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50659179

Months after a man was shot dead in a Berlin park, Germany is throwing out two Russian diplomats because it suspects the murder was ordered by Russia or Russia's Chechen republic.
__________________
taking it to 7000.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15580.50

      12-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #824
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8171
Rep
10,439
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
PM: We must find source of UK-US trade document leak https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50699168

Boris Johnson has said an investigation is needed into the source of leaked documents on UK-US trade negotiations posted on Reddit.
Labour says the documents show the NHS would be at risk under a post-Brexit trade deal with the US.
On Friday, forum website Reddit said unredacted documents were uploaded as "part of a campaign that has been reported as originating from Russia".
__________________
taking it to 7000.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST