BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

06-08-2021, 12:01 AM   #1
JimThot
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Would a pre lci front bumper fit on a lci e60?

i recently picked up a 2008 535xi with the front bumper being damaged (see picture). While online i found a plastic m5 replica bumper with pdc (which seems to be the same as what's on it right now)on bimmerworld.com (see picture) but the title says fits 04-07 and the description says fits 04-10. will a pre lci bumper fit on a lci car?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 12:55 PM   #2
e91Owner
e91Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 & 2010 e60

Would a pre lci front bumper fit on a lci e60?

Maybe, but since the part numbers are different, there is some kind of difference, although they look similar at a glance. The front aspect that changed with LCI vs pre-LCI were the internals of the lights not really the shape. You probably won't get any responses on here though from people that know for sure and given that the part costs are basically the same for aftermarket bumpers, I'd err on the safe side and get the correct one.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 11:30 PM   #3
Deveray
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i X-Drive Touring

I did this (maybe the exact bumper you bought) and it worked fine except for the driving lights. You need the kit for the lights and light housings to fit your bumper. Mine was an m-sport lookalike and my old LCI lights didn't fit, but the kit with the new housings was fine. What I did though was to keep the actual bulbs and bulb holders from my original lights and stuck them into the back of the new housings with mastic. I think the connectors from the wiring harness are different and was also worried that the pre LCI bulbs would throw a code on my LCI car. It worked fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 11:36 PM   #4
JimThot
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deveray View Post
I did this (maybe the exact bumper you bought) and it worked fine except for the driving lights. You need the kit for the lights and light housings to fit your bumper. Mine was an m-sport lookalike and my old LCI lights didn't fit, but the kit with the new housings was fine. What I did though was to keep the actual bulbs and bulb holders from my original lights and stuck them into the back of the new housings with mastic. I think the connectors from the wiring harness are different and was also worried that the pre LCI bulbs would throw a code on my LCI car. It worked fine.
cool thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 03:37 PM   #5
faz321
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deveray View Post
Do u mean the fog lights or the whole driving headlight housing pal?
Appreciate 0