BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-06-2019, 01:54 AM   #1
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Road Bike vs E -Bike

I think that's properly correct place to talk about bikes . I mean no motorbikes, I am not into them at all.
I recently bought a Scott Speedster 20 Disc .It's a road bike .I had back and forth between a Gravel Bike and Road Bike and finally made my decision for the latter one . I'm very pleased with it .
So, I also purchased Scott Sub Cross 20 E-Bike . As you might get it , it's battery powered but not fully an electric operated bike, you have to pedal it to get it exerting its electric power otherwise when you don't pedal it , it doesn't work , the bike can be propelled by the rider's sheer power which I like
When you go over 25 km/h the system automatically switches off so you're on your own . Worry not, despite 24 kilos of weight the bike is still operable , I don't feel its weight at all but I must say , gradients or uphills are different story , you don't have to pedal a massive bulk of above 20 kilos on climbs or uphills .
This is where battery comes at aid and works greatly , I feel no sense of being exhausted or frazzled even when pedaling .
E-Bike has also its ride modes : ECO, TOUR SPORT, TURBO and WALK .I don't like ECO just like cars' .TOUR is equivalent to Comfort Mode in car , Sport is equal to Sport , Turbo is similar to Sport Plus .
Walk Mode is easing off bikes its weight when you need to take the bike with you because bike is weighing more than 20 kilograms but even with WALK is off ,I can easily pull the bike by me so to speak .
Battery can be charged easily with plug in or battery can be removed and can be charged at home outlet power source .
Scott uses Bosch , other brands also use Shimano , Yamaha . I was told Bosch edges out its rival in battery department .
Battery can last more than 150 kilometers at full charge of course you don't select Sport Mode .
In my test , I had ridden more than 35 minutes and speed was never above 25 km/h .Even with Sport Mode I could manage to increase the range per 1 kilometers 58 to 59 but I was too gentle with the pedaling .
I would like to ride E- Road Bike but being a Scott fan I went for a Sub Cross rather than going for E Road Bike with a different manufacturer .
I will post more pictures later .
E Bike is really fun and very easy to use
Attached Images

05-07-2019, 01:28 PM   #2
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
heres mine...

Appreciate 0