E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > More 335i Turbo news

12-07-2005, 01:43 AM   #45
SpeedFreak!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Do tell... which is it this week?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tine
My latest info is that Speed may be right.

Quote:
"Your friend might know more than he lets on. Because this subject is very much in discussion. I am keeping close to the ground , however i have found that the Turbo will be Europe and Asia only , The Turbo will not fit in with BMW's image in the Image concious BMW market in the USA

So they will get a NA detuned version while we get the turbo. There is also the marketing point of view for Europe - BMW can associate turbo technology with their diesel models ( remeber US diesel market for BMW is non existent) which builds a bridge to the petrol turbo introduction. Europe will also see in 2005 the introduction of the 335d , With the 335's think of the M3 E36 , The european model was more powerful than the US model.

If the E92 spy pic makes it to the media , then launch could be brought forward - Witness the E90 leak - official release came right after , Particularly when E46 stocks were still available.

The E93 will get a press release in the Summer of 2006 prior to World Premiere at the Paris Motor show in September , The X5 is also expected to debut there as well as the new MINI."

Sorry for inconvenience.

So, the only dignified move from my now is to leave this forum forever. Totally discredited.

Bye.

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 01:57 AM   #46
maq
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Monthly Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak!
Consider yourself corrected.

I could care less if you find my post unprofessional or professional.
I have no interest in impressing you or anyone else.
I find the fact that you and a few others see my post as bashing... hysterical.
Hysterical? You were the one who called someone "a genuine idiot" when all he did was assuming your info was dealer-level. You do work at a BMW dealer don't you? And you never told anyone on this forum that your source was not dealer-level, did you? So why exactly did you get so pissed off and decided "dealer info" was an insult?

If I'm not mistaken, you claim to be a general sales manager at a large BMW dealership. No surprise - that explains why BMW dealerships are known for bad attitude.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 02:21 AM   #47
SpeedFreak!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by maq
Hysterical? You were the one who called someone "a genuine idiot" when all he did was assuming your info was dealer-level. You do work at a BMW dealer don't you? And you never told anyone on this forum that your source was not dealer-level, did you? So why exactly did you get so pissed off and decided "dealer info" was an insult?

If I'm not mistaken, you claim to be a general sales manager at a large BMW dealership. No surprise - that explains why BMW dealerships are known for bad attitude.

Yes... hysterical.

As I already stated, I did not call him an idiot.

You few are the ones putting attitude in my post. If I was genuinely pissed off, I guarantee that it would be perfectly clear. Just so you know, my post was far from pissed. NOTE... the use of the:
This has already been discussed in at least two other threads... exhaustively.
Do I work for a dealer... yes. That was answered long ago.
Is my information "dealer level"... no. Also answered long ago.

Did I ever claim to be a GSM? No... as for BMW dealerships being "known" to have a bad attitude... I assure you it's a direct result of dealing with a disproportionate number of pr!cks. Do you happen to be one of those pr!cks? What has been your personal experience? I find that people generally experience a reflection of themselves when buying a car.

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 06:47 AM   #48
JBOO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d

The only bad thing about the internet is that you can't stick your boot up someone's @ss for talking smack. Obviously, there are a few here who know this all too well.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 08:20 AM   #49
Tine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Deception is a forced perception.

There will be NO 3.5L I6 NA engine. 100% sure.

335(C)i will feature a 3.0L I6 2-stage turbo petrol engine. At least in non-US markets.

BMW AG marketing have still not decided whether to offer I6 turbo engine in US market. Decision will be made in early 2006. BMW NA have no official confirmation from BMW AG Munich yet what US market will get. All current BMW NA info are just pure speculations.

If the turbo comes to US there is a slightly possibility it will come in a detuned version, but still badged 335i.
An upgraded 3.0L I6 NA engine can be also badged 335i (a possibility - not yet decided) if BMW decide not to bring turbo to US at this stage.

Next week: more news about 3er coupe and I6 turbo.

Last edited by Tine; 12-12-2005 at 04:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 09:33 AM   #50
crex
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i, Jeep wrangler

how are you 100% sure there will be no 3.5l na engine.??. not doubting you just curious how you know. man this just keeps going... only time will tell what the 335 will get..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 09:47 AM   #51
Tine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex
how are you 100% sure there will be no 3.5l na engine.??.
Because I've got a confirmation (not from Scott, but from a guy working at a company which is involved in BMW engines engineering) no 3.5L I6 NA engine is under developing (nor already been developed) at BMW.

So, 100% NO 3.5L I6 NA in 335(C)i.
US market will get either a turbo or just an upgraded 3.0L I6 NA engine. But definitely NO 3.5L I6.

To SpeadFreak! :

Sorry, Speed. Your source is wrong. US getting a 3.5L I6 NA engine is just a wrong claim.

Here is another info form another source:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterE60M5
I got verbal confirmation from a friend at BMW corporate today.

Yes, there will be a 328 and a 335, and no more 325 and 330. This is absolute, in his words.

The new 328 engine will have an new induction system and other "tweeks". He did say the engine will be in the 250hp range. The 335 will indeed be the bi-turbo and will also have "other" new technology. He said the 335 power will be "similar" to that of the current M3, but not quite as high, and not yet determined. I also found it interesting that the bi-turbo engine is being designed to incorporate another hp increase about 2 years later. The 335 will be available with SMG. There will be new wheels with the 335 sport package, bigger brakes for both cars. There may also be dual tail pipes on the 335with a single pipe on each side. One or both of the new engines will wind up in all BMWs. M3 will be slightly over 400hp with 7 speed SMG and he says it is not too far off, but I think we all know that.

He also talked about a new twin turbo V8 under development for introduction at some point in the life cycle of the next generation 7 series. Seems BMW is going the turbo route.

He would not, however, tell me when and where we will see these new engines. He kind of hinted at 2007 by saying "near future". He did indicate we would not see these motors while the E46 M3 is still in production for sure.

I am going to see him in the next week or so. I will push for more details.

Last edited by Tine; 12-07-2005 at 08:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 09:58 AM   #52
crex
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i, Jeep wrangler

thanks for the info Tine!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 10:06 AM   #53
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

With all the problems BMW had with the high reving 3.2l I6 in the E46M3, I'd think they'd pass on trying to up the displacement to 3.5 liters. Hell..I don't even think they could fit it in the engine bay.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #54
noflash
Captain Caveman
Rep
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I have credible info that the next 3 series will be a 357i and it will have a HEMI!!

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 10:26 AM   #55
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom
With all the problems BMW had with the high reving 3.2l I6 in the E46M3, I'd think they'd pass on trying to up the displacement to 3.5 liters. Hell..I don't even think they could fit it in the engine bay.
They had problems at first and then resolved them.

As for the size, you should keep in mind that the 3.2 liter engine in the E46 M3 in fact had smaller outside dimensions than the 3.0 liter engine in the E46 330i. Displacement does not always have an effect on weight or exterior size of an engine.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 10:26 AM   #56
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435Xi GC & 2000 323Ci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
I have credible info that the next 3 series will be a 357i and it will have a HEMI!!
Holy Crap!
That's what my sources are saying too!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 10:29 AM   #57
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom
tell that to hartge. they fit a 5.0 m5 engine in there..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 10:57 AM   #58
hector
Captain
Rep
Drives: e46 330ci, e92 335i, 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maq
To be honest, I think this post is on the unprofessional side. As far as I can tell, nobody attempted to insult you or your credibility. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's you who hasn't had any "non-dealer-level" info proved by solid facts/evidences. Until then, maybe you should remain low-key about it.

I'm not defending E90Fleet as it's your word against his. It's just this kind of bashing is plain lame.

unprofessional? we're not at work! i spend all day having to be sweet and kind, respectful, courteous, humble and politically correct, etc., etc, etc. if someone wants to come in here and blow off some steam or whatever who the hell cares?, be mike tyson if he wants, fine! this is the place! short of obscenity, threatening behavior or egregious insults i say if u can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 11:05 AM   #59
hector
Captain
Rep

[QUOTE=Tine]

So, 100% NO 3.5L I6 NA in 335(C)i.
US market will get either a turbo or just an upgraded 3.0L I6 NA engine. But definitely NO 3.5L I6.

just an upgraded 3.0 without either f.i.or increased displacement will totally blow, there just won't be enough torque (for me) even if they can wring out 270-280hp! i want at least 260-270ft-lbs. if not closer to 300 along with the ponies!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #60
maq
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Monthly Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector
unprofessional? we're not at work! i spend all day having to be sweet and kind, respectful, courteous, humble and politically correct, etc., etc, etc. if someone wants to come in here and blow off some steam or whatever who the hell cares?, be mike tyson if he wants, fine! this is the place! short of obscenity, threatening behavior or egregious insults i say if u can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
You are right. I can't stand the heat, I will get out. You are also right that a BMW/BMW dealership employee doesn't have to be respectful on a BMW forum. That's exactly how a community turn bad - everyone thinks this is the place where he/she can be disrespectful and blow off some steam. Next thing you know, the kitchen is on fire.

Then again, I don't make the rules here nor do I enforce them. So for this thread's sake, I'm out of there.

Oh and I gotta use this before I go: .
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 11:51 AM   #61
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3
They had problems at first and then resolved them.

As for the size, you should keep in mind that the 3.2 liter engine in the E46 M3 in fact had smaller outside dimensions than the 3.0 liter engine in the E46 330i. Displacement does not always have an effect on weight or exterior size of an engine.
Hmmm...not necessarly. Check M3 forum in Roadfly..there's a guy that had to fight tooth and nail to get his S54 replaced free of charge AFTER the bearing work was completed. He spun a bearing AGAIN.

I'm just guessing that a 3.5 liter I6 using the current block wouldn't fit in the E90. Yes Hartage(sp?) wedged a V-10, but I have no idea how tall that engine is compared to the current 3.0 (v-10 obviously wider).
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #62
hector
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maq
You are right. I can't stand the heat, I will get out. You are also right that a BMW/BMW dealership employee doesn't have to be respectful on a BMW forum. That's exactly how a community turn bad - everyone thinks this is the place where he/she can be disrespectful and blow off some steam. Next thing you know, the kitchen is on fire.

Then again, I don't make the rules here nor do I enforce them. So for this thread's sake, I'm out of there.

Oh and I gotta use this before I go: .
i didn't mean for my post to be interpreted as to encourage outright disrespect but rather to make the point that high-strung repartee is, imo, healthful and fun (less so on the receiving end i suppose), and a nice contrast to the constraints of the workplace.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 12:44 PM   #63
MIKEYMIKE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i 6mt

If BMW makes a Turbo 335 I'm all over that thing like white on rice.

BMW out of the box handling and luxury plus an aftermarket boost controller to boost up the HP and TQ gains. Gotta love Turbo's...cheap HP and TQ gains.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 01:17 PM   #64
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Me too -- I want a 335 turbo in the worst way. I am willing to clean the house for a year to convince the wife, whatever it takes...
As long as it is under 39k EuroDel invoice (45k US MSRP). Ideally a sport oriented version light on the expensive luxuries to keep cost down. Best yet, available in a touring version (E91) as well as the 4 door sedan (E90). I will be beside myself with disappointment if all we get is the 335 E92. That would be beyond lame. Have to sell my BMW stock. Test drive an Audi. Total dark side.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #65
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

What if BMW NA throws a complete curve ball and releases the 335d in the USA market? Wouldn't that be wild! What a way to get unbelievable press, and flipping the whole mindset of the US market towards diesels. In one fell swoop, wiping out the slow, smoggy, rattlely stereotype image. Toss in the 320d at the other end to be able to toot about 50mpg.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 08:13 PM   #66
DerekS
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
What if BMW NA throws a complete curve ball and releases the 335d in the USA market? Wouldn't that be wild! What a way to get unbelievable press, and flipping the whole mindset of the US market towards diesels. In one fell swoop, wiping out the slow, smoggy, rattlely stereotype image. Toss in the 320d at the other end to be able to toot about 50mpg.
Turbos ? Here's what the December issue of BMWCar magazine says (p.67) :
"It's fair to say that BMW has done a brilliant job with the E90. There isn't a duffer in the range, and the 330d makes a range-topper until the arrival of the 335i petrol turbo and the 335d. Yes, these monsters will be coming, but in the meantime enjoy the 330d. It's very good indeed."
Too bad that California regs prevent the intro of the current BMW turbo diesels to NA. It would seem more likely that the intro of a gas turbo to NA will occur first. In any event, here's more evidence that BMW has a higher performance E90 model in the works.
Appreciate 0