BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

03-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #49259
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

She also has *thrice* the amount of staff as Joekerr does...

But...yes...she probably is more efficient...women typically are.
I don't think this is even debatable.

She still does staff, manager and admin work though.

There is another local firm who's growing fast, already larger than her current firm and happens to be the same firm she considered prior to moving to where she is now. She was seated at the same table as their managing partner at a networking event 3 weeks ago. He offered her the shareholder position over their construction division (her specialty) with nearly double the salary along with equity partnership.

It's really hard for me to be objective when she tells me about these things. All i hear is that's one step closer to retirement for me, yet have to keep my mouth shut.

It's actually the staff, manager and admin work that makes it difficult to keep my mouth shut. Her goal is aligned with about 1/3 of the shareholders in her firm, the young ones of course. That goal is to become pretty much what this other firm has become in the last 7 years. Now she has the opportunity to just jump on a different boat retaining captain status. Except in terms of advanced thinking, it's like the difference between being a captain in the Cuban Navy (her firm) and being one in the US Navy (new firm). New firm already realized they have to pander to millennials if they want staff. They have to be accommodating with schedules in order to retain good staff. And they have to PAY good staff to stay. Her firm still thinks like Big 4 but they just aren't anywhere close to having enough status to treat staff that way in anymore. She and the young guns plan on being the winds of change. I hope that their efforts are fruitful, and before it's too late. Either way, I don't think she'll leave without at least 2 years of effort under her belt. So i'll just zip it for now.
      03-24-2017, 04:07 PM   #49260
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
My first rock chip and it's huuuuuuge *whimpering sounds*
Wait for the second and third. Then replace the windshield. Wait.......Dear God, tell me it's in the windshield!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
It's ok, I couldn't make it to Road Atlanta this month either.

Sounds like she's at a small firm. You can't have that kind of life at a large firm.

Also sounds like Joekerr can't have that kind of life working for himself either. Sorry buddy
One of the largest in the state, but yes, small. I think they employ 130 people in total.
      03-24-2017, 04:08 PM   #49261
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Quote:
My first rock chip and it's huuuuuuge *whimpering sounds*
Wait for the second and third. Then replace the windshield. Dear God, tell me it's in the windshield!

Quote:
It's ok, I couldn't make it to Road Atlanta this month either.

Sounds like she's at a small firm. You can't have that kind of life at a large firm.

Also sounds like Joekerr can't have that kind of life working for himself either. Sorry buddy
One of the largest in the state, but yes, small. I think they employ 130 people in total.
Hood
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      03-24-2017, 04:20 PM   #49262
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hood

What color 2018 F80 are you getting?
Aatish3458.00
      03-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #49263
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
It's really hard for me to be objective when she tells me about these things. All i hear is that's one step closer to retirement for me, yet have to keep my mouth shut.
On the flip side, it's probably really hard for her to be objective and keep her mouth shut when she saw the RRS parked in the garage, as probably all she saw was 2 more years of working to pay it off...

That, and the other toys.

Yeah, zip it for now - that's a good approach. She's familiar with the staff, the clients and she can make it work for now. If it is a sinking ship, she'll see it. There's nothing like trying to divide up the profits at the end of the year to make her come to terms with the fact that she doesn't much like the older partners and might consider a switch in a few years.

Partnership is probably one of the most difficult of business relationships - in my limited experience.

Though I feel your pain re: double the salary. But it is an unknown - she doesn't know who will be working for her, who's good, who's bad, etc...I can relate to her reluctance to jump ship for now. But hopefully that other 2/3rds left are very close to retirement - otherwise she's just going to be beating her head against the wall I suspect.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 04:43 PM   #49264
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
On the flip side, it's probably really hard for her to be objective and keep her mouth shut when she saw the RRS parked in the garage, as probably all she saw was 2 more years of working to pay it off...

That, and the other toys.

Yeah, zip it for now - that's a good approach. She's familiar with the staff, the clients and she can make it work for now. If it is a sinking ship, she'll see it. There's nothing like trying to divide up the profits at the end of the year to make her come to terms with the fact that she doesn't much like the older partners and might consider a switch in a few years.

Partnership is probably one of the most difficult of business relationships - in my limited experience.

Though I feel your pain re: double the salary. But it is an unknown - she doesn't know who will be working for her, who's good, who's bad, etc...I can relate to her reluctance to jump ship for now. But hopefully that other 2/3rds left are very close to retirement - otherwise she's just going to be beating her head against the wall I suspect.
Hey, she's the one with TWO cars. I only have one. Plus she has 4 bikes and i only have 3! She also has a treadmill and i don't. There is no equality at the Tonka residence.

She actually knows a hand full of people at the other firm and has kept in touch with the managing partner off and on. Mainly at CPE and things like that. The managing partner at her firm is the one who hired her. There is about 1/3 of the partners to be retired soon. And there is talk of buying out one of the batshit crazy partners. The managing partner is somewhat of a question mark. He's old school and wishes they were Big 4 which is never going to happen. He's been coming around as of late though. He's only been firm president for a year now and the outgoing president isn't fully retired yet. Once that happens I'm guessing she's going to see how much / quickly change is implemented and go from there.

She wants to be part of building something. But I'd imagine it's hard knowing that you could be doing the same somewhere else with more help and a much more modern tool box.

Shouldn't you be working?!?!
      03-24-2017, 04:56 PM   #49265
capo180
Private
Rep
Drives: M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
It's okay. Being hourly back then weekends would bring in some serious OT money.

Salary now is 40 to 45 hours max and I'm out. Most the time it's not even a full 40, more like 35ish.
I'm salary OT over 50 hrs though! This week will be 64...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 05:24 PM   #49266
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Quote:
Hood
Dr. Colorchip
Appreciate 1
Biorin2784.50
      03-24-2017, 06:30 PM   #49267
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
I hate busy season. I've been at the office till about 10pm most nights this week.

38 days to go.

Sounds awesome . *00:30 AM* and I just came home from work...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 07:20 PM   #49268
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Small update; Silvergrey is legit a cool ass dude even though he racks up an expensive ass meal.
Appreciate 4
Biorin2784.50
Aatish3458.00
MKSixer34184.50
      03-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #49269
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Small update; Silvergrey is legit a cool ass dude even though he racks up an expensive ass meal.
Who was top and who was bottom?
Appreciate 5
Biorin2784.50
Aatish3458.00
Axius4202.00
F87LUV3689.00
      03-24-2017, 08:16 PM   #49270
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Axius probably is the bottom
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 08:43 PM   #49271
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Haha what can I say, I like to eat.

We'll definitely get together again soon. I'll have to think of another place with bartenders you can flirt with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
I'm not that kind of person, shoei. I have some self respect!
Appreciate 2
Axius4202.00
MKSixer34184.50
      03-24-2017, 08:44 PM   #49272
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I thought it was pitch and catch?
MKSixer34184.50
      03-25-2017, 01:20 AM   #49273
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Was traveling to my home in Rosarito when I saw this....

Putting bimmette DIY to shame
Attached Images

Aatish3458.00
Biorin2784.50
      03-25-2017, 01:43 AM   #49274
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:

We'll definitely get together again soon. I'll have to think of another place with bartenders you can flirt with.
Quote:
I'm not that kind of person, shoei. I have some self respect!
Your color choice of your wheels says the opposite about you having respect for yourself tho...

Appreciate 3
Biorin2784.50
F87LUV3689.00
      03-25-2017, 07:47 AM   #49275
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:

lol as do I man, as do I.

I was hoping our bartener was gonna be that taller brunette chick with the purple hair, she was bangin.

Quote:
Are people saying we went to play baseball? I hope not, that sport is for field goal kicking sissies.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2017, 09:10 AM   #49276
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

lol as do I man, as do I.

I was hoping our bartener was gonna be that taller brunette chick with the purple hair, she was bangin.

Quote:
Are people saying we went to play baseball? I hope not, that sport is for field goal kicking sissies.
Mmm yes, it was like purple and blue. Booty wasn't bad either. I could be into it for a night. Something tells me you'll be visiting that establishment again.
Appreciate 1
Axius4202.00
      03-25-2017, 09:32 AM   #49277
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Mmm yes, it was like purple and blue. Booty wasn't bad either. I could be into it for a night. Something tells me you'll be visiting that establishment again.
Dat booty doe.

Have to go back, theres still a ton of other beer to try on that list of 100 something! Tacos were pretty legit too.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2017, 09:56 AM   #49278
capo180
Private
Rep
Drives: M235

Quote:
Quote:
Dat booty doe.

Have to go back, theres still a ton of other beer to try on that list of 100 something! Tacos were pretty legit too.
Where'd you guys go?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #49279
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Awww...bromances. So cuuuute!
Appreciate 2
Mr Tonka6058.00
      03-25-2017, 09:59 AM   #49280
Aatish