BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-21-2021, 12:25 PM   #45
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawfoo View Post
The free version only gives you about 25 free swipes until you have to wait 24 hours to swipe again. out of those 25 swipes, 5 are fake bots, 5 never reply, 5 are gold digging whores, 5 are onlyfans whores, and 5 are antivax crazy.
What category would my profile fall under?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #46
DenverSteve
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
I did a few thousand dollars worth of dental treatment and she kept the insurance check that was sent to her..... It did take six months to finally get paid. That was it for me.
Friend/Relationship/Family - Rule #1 - never mix business with friends or family. Too many conflicts. Let another professional handle it. Since you obviously didn't do it for free, let friends/family pay someone else for the work.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 12:36 PM   #47
DenverSteve
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
I don't know about you but if I were in the dating world again, I would become a gold-digging whore...of a man. And not apologetic about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 12:51 PM   #48
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
You could also try 90 day fiancé or my big fat disgusting life
Those shows are too scripted for me. I did like Love is Blind on Netflix.
      10-21-2021, 02:03 PM   #49
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Of late, you've been the "never Reply" no?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 02:16 PM   #50
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Of late, you've been the "never Reply" no?
If I still had a profile, yes. Feels weird not having one. I should change that.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 02:27 PM   #51
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I don’t know, if $5k gave you some level of assurance that you won’t lose half of everything you have, sounds like it could be a bargain.
Nothing will short of a pre-nup which is still at risk of being contested. Pre-nups also have to be executed correctly to avoid the air of coercion. This means your other half has adequate time to reflect on signing the pre-nup and has legal representation. Signing of the document after even all of the prior being in place would be best done with your attorney being present and the whole thing video recorded.

The real assurance is to change family law so it's not so lopsided in the woman's favor.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 02:32 PM   #52
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

I'm also involved in Meetup for various activities. Those saying it's free are wrong. It's only free if the Meetup organizers make it free for you. There is a cost in running a Meetup group. The creator/organizer pays that yearly cost. Some Meetups will give you a grace period to try out the group before you have to pay in whatever dues they charge. Some require up front payment. And some ask for donations to help defray the yearly costs.

As to doing my hobbies and such to meet someone, I already mentioned the train wrecks I've had to deal with around the dance community. My other hobbies are motorcycling and sailing. Pretty hard to just run into someone doing those. I also did a stint with someone at the gym. That was also a total mess.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 03:40 PM   #53
Finn Germai-Yaz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Automatic Super Like
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 03:52 PM   #54
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawfoo View Post
Automatic Super Like
I laughed so hard at that
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 04:10 PM   #55
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
I will say - I have NEVER met someone I liked when I was looking for someone. Maybe it's just me. Perhaps the cloak of desperation ruins it or the fact you are "trying" or whatever. Every train wreck I have been involved with was when I was in search mode.

Then I say F it and settle in to enjoying the single life again.....and BAM I causally bump onto someone.

Never fails for me.
      10-21-2021, 04:20 PM   #56
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I would like to set my Mom up on a dating app. Not necessarily with the goal of dating to marry but more of finding a companion. She's 60 something and sure the hell isn't going to put herself out there or show up at a kayaking event alone. She could use some companionship but she isn't going to be the one to try to find it.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 05:25 PM   #57
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
I would like to set my Mom up on a dating app. Not necessarily with the goal of dating to marry but more of finding a companion. She's 60 something and sure the hell isn't going to put herself out there or show up at a kayaking event alone. She could use some companionship but she isn't going to be the one to try to find it.
My mom used Match.com Though her goal was to find someone. She was on it 6 months and now she’s been married 11 years.
Appreciate 2
rebekahb3128.50
Randy2272.00
      10-21-2021, 06:35 PM   #58
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Quote:
My mom used Match.com Though her goal was to find someone. She was on it 6 months and now she’s been married 11 years.
After my mom passed, dad got on Match.

They got married about 7 months later
      10-21-2021, 07:48 PM   #59
selbyp93
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i

Honestly, I don’t think it’s worth it. But seeing several success stories on this thread, you can give it a try i guess.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 02:25 PM   #60
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Friend/Relationship/Family - Rule #1 - never mix business with friends or family. Too many conflicts. Let another professional handle it. Since you obviously didn't do it for free, let friends/family pay someone else for the work.
I agree. The only friends who I now accept as patients are doctors. They understand the business.
      11-22-2021, 11:06 AM   #61
JTM09
BMW addict
Rep
Drives: German cars

just got back to this post ... thanks for the replies fellas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Yes, get the watch.

Your reasons are why I didnt like online dating. If I showed up and she didnt look like her pics I just left. Thankfully only happened twice. I admittedly was pretty cold about it but no reason to feel bad, they were the ones lying.

And only agree to coffee too, that way you arent in a situation where youre fucking stuck there. My idiot coworker kept taking women on dinner dates. Use coffee or happy hour as the INTERVIEW for the date.

Met a girl from match a week ago .. and she is hotter IRL than her pics suggest. Hmmm .. did she do that on purpose, or is she a bad photographer? Girls be sneaky too.

Either way we're going out again ...

And I think I still want a watch for Christmas. I'm thinking a Speedmaster might do the trick
      11-22-2021, 11:08 AM   #62
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Get her set up on Grinder. This is the way.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 09:45 PM   #63
SpringheelJack
Australia
Rep
Drives: Bmw 325i

Guys, I need advice, which australian dating app is best? Match.com, pof or tinder? Maybe some other apps?

for serious and not serious relationship
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 09:00 PM   #64
Randy22
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringheelJack View Post
Guys, I need advice, which australian dating app is best? Match.com, pof or tinder? Maybe some other apps?

for serious and not serious relationship
I think it's better to use Australian sites like https://www.rsvp.com.au/, https://onlinehookupdating.com/ or https://www.eharmony.com.au/

Pof is free, but I think there are few profiles in Australia.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2021, 10:13 AM   #65
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Someone near and dear to me tried the online matching deal twice and got hosed twice. In both cases, the gal initially came across as sweet and responsible. After the marriage, both gals revealed their true personalities. The first one was a control-freak and spend-thrift. The second one was a spend-thrift and felt no responsibility to help pay the household bills.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 10:36 AM   #66
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Someone near and dear to me tried the online matching deal twice and got hosed twice. In both cases, the gal initially came across as sweet and responsible. After the marriage, both gals revealed their true personalities. The first one was a control-freak and spend-thrift. The second one was a spend-thrift and felt no responsibility to help pay the household bills.
And this could happen with dating someone the "traditional" way. Don't see how those situations can be pinned solely on online dating. The unfortunate situation is there seems to be some pattern your friend has with selecting mates/partners that needs to be addressed.
Appreciate 1