BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-04-2022, 07:41 AM   #6887
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealfromNZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Hmmmm. Well, I've lost count…..

….but a buffed out, naked and sweaty 6'4" black male high on PCP with a legit 10" schlong dancing around in the middle of the street with that thing dangling around, gyrating like a helicopter is pretty funny……

…..until it was time to go hands-on.
That's funny as

I was in Australia on a conference, went out to the local city bars and we finished up at about 2am. Walking back through the city. Two Aussie blokes pi$$ed as chooks are walking through the mall with underpants around their shoes. They walkout across the road between mall segments straight passed a police cruiser with male & female cops inside.

The cops just laugh and the guys carry on walking. Good to see they could see the funny side and didn't act.
Hahaha! Here in the U.S. we'd be receiving indecent exposure calls in a situation like that.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 09:37 AM   #6888
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Hahaha! Here in the U.S. we'd be receiving indecent exposure calls in a situation like that.
In parts of Toronto that wouldn't even raise an eyebrow.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 11:13 AM   #6889
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Doh'

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3602.50
      10-04-2022, 11:19 AM   #6890
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Doh'

I've broken this down in the "banned" thread. Tecnniqe posted about it on the last couple of pages.

Anyone else get banned from the G8X section for making fun of its looks? https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1761187
Appreciate 1
wtwo317943.50
      10-04-2022, 11:45 AM   #6891
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
I've broken this down in the "banned" thread. Tecnniqe posted about it on the last couple of pages.

Anyone else get banned from the G8X section for making fun of its looks? https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1761187
Totally forgot about that thread

Wonder if my kind are welcome there...

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24974.50
      10-04-2022, 11:46 AM   #6892
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Quote:

Totally forgot about that thread

Wonder if my kind are welcome there...
Lol! I love the G8X and post there. If I can do it, I'm sure your kind can too.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317943.50
      10-06-2022, 10:06 PM   #6893
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

It just goes to show you that a person who wants to kill a lot of people - including children - will find a way. Most of the 36 victims were killed using a knife.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/10/06/a...hnk/index.html

There was also a shooting in Turks & Caicos of all places. Craziness!
Appreciate 1
Tyga113229.00
      10-07-2022, 08:05 AM   #6894
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
The police get precious little recognition in Canada, I wouldn't often tell people what I did for a living, I'd tell people I was a garbage man.....not far from the truth in some respect. I was in the US and was chatting with some Americans in a bar if you can believe it. I was with my friend who would always chirp off about me being a cop. Anyway these folks didn't miss a beat and said "thank you for your service". I can't tell you how good that made me feel.

You almost never hear that in Canada.
I'm saddened to hear of the lack of acknowledgement you've felt in Canada (which is sadly true) - and it's frustrating to witness (why it's like that - well, I have some common-sense but supposedly controversial theories on it - lack of respect stemming from people being entitled shitheads etc etc)

But I'm glad your acquaintances in the US acknowledged you and your service.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24974.50
      10-07-2022, 08:07 AM   #6895
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Yessir - saw mention of that attack in Thailand of all places. it's so sad to hear of so many lives lost.
But i did notice my anti-gun acquaintances are remarkably quiet on it - not surprised though...

(lots of edits this morning - not enough coffee)
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24974.50
      10-07-2022, 08:50 AM   #6896
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paquet View Post
Yessir - saw mention of that attack in Thailand of all places. it's so sad to hear of so many lives lost.
But i did notice my anti-gun acquaintances are remarkably quiet on it - not surprised though...

Yeah, they can't blame the evil AR-15 for this one. More deaths than Uvalde and it's crickets because the AR-15 wasn't involved.
Appreciate 1
paquet629.50
      10-07-2022, 10:13 AM   #6897
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, they can't blame the evil AR-15 for this one. More deaths than Uvalde and it's crickets because the AR-15 wasn't involved.
The A.R. 15 is not evil. But it is occasionally used for evil.
What is your proposal for keeping it out of the hands of people who are evil?

Also, did you hear about the DPS officer who quit Dps, and went to work for Uvalde? She was one of the first seven or eight officers to respond to the elementary school massacre there. And she was caught on camera later saying "if my child was in there, I would've gone right in".

Is that your philosophy also?
Is that your training?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 10:24 AM   #6898
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Also, did you hear about the DPS officer who quit Dps, and went to work for Uvalde? She was one of the first seven or eight officers to respond to the elementary school massacre there. And she was caught on camera later saying "if my child was in there, I would've gone right in".

Is that your training?
It is too late for that (….referencing keeping it out of the hands of evil people). You asking me that question is the equivalent of you asking me, "How can we keep drugs off of the streets?" ….We can't! No law, no party lines…..nothing…..will keep that from happening. THAT is the reality. The idea that we can legislate these things from occurring is completely flawed thinking/reasoning. Evil people will find a way to meet their objective(s). They ALWAYS do!

No, I didn't hear about that particular officer, but I also don't know why her statement would be surprising to anybody. What else would someone expect her to say? That was rhetorical; I don't need an answer.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 10:39 AM   #6899
KJ10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Garage List
Quote:

Is that your training?
She was fired as of this morning.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 11:12 AM   #6900
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ10 View Post
Quote:

Is that your training?
She was fired as of this morning.
I heard. Good riddance. She should have a bright future as a mall cop.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 11:13 AM   #6901
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is that your training?
It is too late for that (….referencing keeping it out of the hands of evil people). You asking me that question is the equivalent of you asking me, "How can we keep drugs off of the streets?" ….We can't! No law, no party lines…..nothing…..will keep that from happening. THAT is the reality. The idea that we can legislate these things from occurring is completely flawed thinking/reasoning. Evil people will find a way to meet their objective(s). They ALWAYS do!

No, I didn't hear about that particular officer, but I also don't know why her statement would be surprising to anybody. What else would someone expect her to say? That was rhetorical; I don't need an answer.
Giving up. Is that the new American way?

Apparently the kids he killed Were napping. Imagine the damage he could've done if he had a 20 bullet clip A.R. 15. Apparently, current Thai police and army personnel have access to these weapons. But since he was fired, I guess he didn't have access anymore.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 11:14 AM   #6902
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is that your training?

Appreciate 2
vreihen1615140.50
jamesinaz1643.50
      10-07-2022, 11:25 AM   #6903
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is that your training?

This manual advocates immediate engagement of active shooters. You'll notice in section 1.2 of the history section, the Santa Fe resource officers immediately acted, and probably saved many many many lives. Despite one of them being wounded.

https://www.tcole.texas.gov/sites/de...201-30-20.docx
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 11:27 AM   #6904
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is that your training?

This manual advocates immediate engagement of active shooters. You'll notice in section 1.2 of the history section, the Santa Fe resource officers immediately acted, and probably saved many many many lives. Despite one of them being wounded.

What does their manual of policy and procedures say about BARRICADED suspects? Research it, get informed and get back to me. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 11:31 AM   #6905
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is that your training?

What does their manual of policy and procedures say about BARRICADED suspects? Research it, get informed and get back to me. Thanks.
He wasn't barricaded, the door was probably not even locked.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 11:34 AM   #6906
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is that your training?

He wasn't barricaded, the door was probably not even locked.
Sigh! You don't know what you're talking about. This is why people who don't work in law enforcement and who have no experience with criminal apprehension need to educate themselves before speaking (…and reason without emotion; a difficult task, but it can be done).

Here's a bit of education for you. The moment somebody runs into a four sided structure and visibility is lost, they become a barricaded suspect. Whether or not the door is locked is irrelevant.
Appreciate 1
paquet629.50
      10-07-2022, 11:34 AM   #6907
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is that your training?

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/21/11063...pete-arredondo

A top Texas law enforcement official said that there were enough armed police officers wearing body armor to stop the late May shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, three minutes after it began.

But instead, it took about an hour and 14 minutes from when officers arrived at the school to when they breached the door and ended the standoff with the gunman.

That was according to Steve McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, who spoke to state officials during a Texas Senate committee hearing on Tuesday.

Within the first 3 minutes of the attack, there were at least nine officers out in the hallway, he said. There were at least two armed with rifles and a body shield, McCraw said. They also had bulletproof vests.

"The officers had weapons, the children had none. The officers had body armor, the children had none. The officers had training, the subject had none," McCraw said.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 11:36 AM   #6908
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is that your training?

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/21/11063...pete-arredondo

A top Texas law enforcement official said that there were enough armed police officers wearing body armor to stop the late May shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, three minutes after it began.

But instead, it took about an hour and 14 minutes from when officers arrived at the school to when they breached the door and ended the standoff with the gunman.

That was according to Steve McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, who spoke to state officials during a Texas Senate committee hearing on Tuesday.

Within the first 3 minutes of the attack, there were at least nine officers out in the hallway, he said. There were at least two armed with rifles and a body shield, McCraw said. They also had bulletproof vests.

"The officers had weapons, the children had none. The officers had body armor, the children had none. The officers had training, the subject had none," McCraw said.
ALL of that is irrelevant as it pertains to policy and procedure for barricaded suspects (…presuming their policy is like most major law enforcement departments). The timeframe isn't unusual when you consider resources, tactical plans, crisis intervention negotiators, etc.

P.S. I respond to AT LEAST two barricaded suspect calls a week (…probably cumulatively more than the entire line of Uvalde Police Department officers once you extrapolate that number over years). I have plenty of field experience with these types of calls and what they entail.
Appreciate 0