BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-11-2015, 01:28 PM   #1
Mpoweroo1
OO=00=OO
United_States
Rep
Drives: God's Chariot

Germany (Ring Trip) Suggestions

Wanting to see if anyone can recommend where to stay and how to best get around Frankfurt and get to the ring? I am also looking into possibly renting a car for a couple laps and or the ring taxi.

Going in November so lets hope for some decent weather. All input will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Mpoweroo1; 10-11-2015 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 02:09 PM   #2
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Nuremberg....

Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 02:35 PM   #3
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Isnt Nuremburg on the other side of Germany to the ring?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #4
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1008529

Dackelone's excellent beginnersguide

But as a kid I always wanted to go to Nuremberg though...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremb...ional_Toy_Fair
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 10-11-2015 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2015, 06:55 AM   #5
hwalk
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpoweroo1 View Post
Wanting to see if anyone can recommend where to stay and how to best get around Frankfurt and get to the ring? I am also looking into possibly renting a car for a couple laps and or the ring taxi.

Going in November so lets hope for some decent weather. All input will be greatly appreciated.
The thing is called "Nürburgring" but is far away from "Nürnberg". So better go to the former german capital called Bonn (or if you prefer a bigger city Cologne) and start from there to the Ring, just 1-1,5 hour of driving (btw we Germans call it NOS = Nordschleife). Weather is unfortunately an issue over there as it's often cold, wet and windy especially in November so you really need a big portion of luck to get good conditions. Car rental and taking it onto the track could be difficult, i'm not sure if there are certain offers near the Ring but normal rental companies would exclude track use.

Frankfurt is a bit special, i worked there as a derivatives trader several years ago and didn't like it really. The area in the north is pretty nice (mountain area called Taunus/ Feldberg). Wiesbaden is nearby and much nicer as are some nice villages at the river Rhein.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 07:15 AM   #6
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Maybe as an american tourist Cochem or Bernkastel Kues is nice as sightseeing.
Disneyland style old villages.
Trier (roman ruins) and Koblenz as cities
Appreciate 0