BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #67
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Too man "Carls" in this show...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #68
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

What more do these epic fuktards need to happen before they realize they are dealing with monsters??? The main lady or guy (both dumb as F) walks in and sees the neighbor on the floor EATING the dog!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the same neighbor I believe, they witnessed attacking their other neighbor right across the street! I mean come on now. If I see my own family member doing the same shit, BOOM! They got to go. The stupid ass mother still hasn't told her family she had to take out her former boss/principal for trying to eat her. Why not???
They can make these shows so much more realistic and entertaining without the epic idiocy.
      09-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #69
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

^ You're being overly-presumptuous. The show's writers have to assume a world that has never seen, heard or even considered the possibility of, zombies. Obviously we would react differently if we were in their shoes because, well, we would have had the benefit of having watched TWD and FTWD (and countless other movies, books, shows, etc.). This is also why you've never heard the word "zombie" used in TWD or FTWD. I think you (and others on here) would gain more entertainment from these two shows if you watch them from this perspective (i.e. "How would a society that has never been introduced to the zombie genre react to a world that was suddenly infested with zombies?").
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 07:17 PM   #70
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
^ You're being overly-presumptuous.
I think you're the one being presumptuous. I've been to some messed up places in the world and my gut and fight or flight instinct has always served me well. If I saw a guy on his hands and knees eating a fucking German Sheppard, and he comes at me...yeah I don't need to know about zombies to know he's getting a double tap.
Appreciate 2
      09-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #71
/// M sa
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 MG

Doing a zombie hunt at my local range... They have a warehouse, arm you with a hand gun and M4 that shoots paint balls and turn the lights off and have zombies come at you can't freaking wait.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 08:09 PM   #72
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANGRKE70 View Post
I think you're the one being presumptuous. I've been to some messed up places in the world and my gut and fight or flight instinct has always served me well. If I saw a guy on his hands and knees eating a fucking German Sheppard, and he comes at me...yeah I don't need to know about zombies to know he's getting a double tap.
HELLO!!!!

Let's remove the whole "zombie" equation out of it. How bout using this thing my Grandma always use to say (and still does) "Common Sense".

schoy... Maybe YOU would act like these very dense people do in the show. But I would NOT. Call it, character, call it common sense, call it scary ass. Whatever you want to call it, if shit went down like this today, it would not take getting bit in my focking face to realize that the apocalyptic shit has hit the fan! I am going in to immediate "Self-Preserve" mode for me and my family.
      09-14-2015, 08:19 PM   #73
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

It's not a matter of recognizing they are dealing with monsters. The obstacle is they think people, particularly people they know, can be "cured" of whatever is making them be monsters. Think about coming home and seeing your family, friends and neighbors in this state with no knowledge of what is going on. Would your immediate reaction be to chop their heads off or leave without touching them, while hoping someone "cures" them of whatever infected them? If the immediate reaction were to know they need to chop of heads this wouldn't need to be another show. Unlike TWD, this series is a prequel about learning what is going on and what to do to survive. I still think it's pretty well made after watching the latest episode.
      09-14-2015, 08:45 PM   #74
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
I'm still giving the show a chance, but what about when they were leaving the barber shop back to the pickup. You mean to tell me that all the rioters left their pickup alone in the middle of the street?
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #75
Haywood
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
The writers are making the characters epic stupid. I almost can't finish the series. I get it that this is "new and unknown" to these people. But no way in hell they are this foking dumb!
Can't wait for the original to return...
I can't wait to see Lauren Cohan again! I have such a crush on her.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #76
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I love TWD of course, but I'd like to see more movies/a TV show with the Rage virus. It would be insanely more difficult to survive a Rage virus scenario due to the speed of the infected, the fact blood/saliva turns you, and the turn happens in literally seconds. Not to mention Rage turns people into brainless Rambos with superhuman strength. Of course, Rage victims aren't zombies and die within a month or so due to starvation so the long term survival prospects would be better if you could find a great place to hide out and had the necessary provisions to make it that long.

28 Months Later pretty please?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 11:21 PM   #77
schoy
Major
Rep

Quote:
HELLO!!!!

Let's remove the whole "zombie" equation out of it. How bout using this thing my Grandma always use to say (and still does) "Common Sense".

schoy... Maybe YOU would act like these very dense people do in the show. But I would NOT. Call it, character, call it common sense, call it scary ass. Whatever you want to call it, if shit went down like this today, it would not take getting bit in my focking face to realize that the apocalyptic shit has hit the fan! I am going in to immediate "Self-Preserve" mode for me and my family.
You're still missing the point. Again, you're imagining yourself in the same scenario as a character in the show. Of course you would act differently, because you now have the cultural experience of seeing what happens if you came upon somebody eating someone else.

Let me ask you this hypothetical scenario to show you what i mean: what if i told you a grandma was about to jaywalk into the middle of a busy, traffic intersection? Would you help her? (Answer the question to get my point).

Edit: actually, forget the analogy. I'll do my best to explain my point. It's a very common storytelling technique, particularly in the sci-fi or fantasy genre where the author takes the reader on a journey with a main character (or in this case a group of people) in an alternate/parallel/different universe, through his/her trials, tribulations, experiences, decisions, errors and victories. This is exactly what TWD/FTWD is. It's not a morality play or insructional video about what to do in a zombie apocalypse. It's about a diverse group of people reacting differently to a unbeforeknown situation. And so far, have some characters exhibited a lack of "common sense"? Perhaps, but realize that MANY people throughout history have exhibited even less common sense in more dramatic and life-threatening situations, so what the characters have so far exhibited (in my opinion) have not been completely different than what one could imagine a normal person would have done.

Frankly, TXSTYLE, i'm a little befuddled by your post, since in your other posts you have a great appreciation for movies, particularly in the horror and action genres, where characters routinely exhibit unrealistic reactions (most of horror) and/or unrealistic behavior (dodging bullets and shooting with near-perfect accuracy at moving targets at distance).

Last edited by schoy; 09-15-2015 at 12:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 11:33 PM   #78
schoy
Major
Rep

Also, RickFLM4's post above explains my point pretty well. He gets it.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 12:16 AM   #79
Tracyis300
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4
It's not a matter of recognizing they are dealing with monsters. The obstacle is they think people, particularly people they know, can be "cured" of whatever is making them be monsters. Think about coming home and seeing your family, friends and neighbors in this state with no knowledge of what is going on. Would your immediate reaction be to chop their heads off or leave without touching them, while hoping someone "cures" them of whatever infected them? If the immediate reaction were to know they need to chop of heads this wouldn't need to be another show. Unlike TWD, this series is a prequel about learning what is going on and what to do to survive. I still think it's pretty well made after watching the latest episode.
In away it is!

When the barber watched the cops put down a person in a "zombie" state? He knew that there is no cure and people had to be put down?! Which is why he didn't hesitate to kill the neighbor.
He also called the dad "weak" for talking the mom out of putting the other neighbor down.
And the mom has a sense of whats going on when she had that talk with the dads baby momma about putting her down if she were to become like that, because she knows the dad wouldn't be able to.

The crackhead also knows that these people are dead and that you should stay away from them. But he's so addictive that he doesn't care about the dangers, and would go out his way to break into homes for prescription drugs.

The daughter, dad and his son, are the worst characters because there always clueless or have a tantrum about the matter when they see people do something they don't agree with?

All in all? The show is still fun to watch. But when it comes to common sense! These characters have a "on/off" switch at any moment.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 12:33 AM   #80
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyis300 View Post
In away it is!

When the barber watched the cops put down a person in a "zombie" state? He knew that there is no cure and people had to be put down?! Which is why he didn't hesitate to kill the neighbor.
He also called the dad "weak" for talking the mom out of putting the other neighbor down.
And the mom has a sense of whats going on when she had that talk with the dads baby momma about putting her down if she were to become like that, because she knows the dad wouldn't be able to.

The crackhead also knows that these people are dead and that you should stay away from them. But he's so addictive that he doesn't care about the dangers, and would go out his way to break into homes for prescription drugs.

The daughter, dad and his son, are the worst characters because there always clueless or have a tantrum about the matter when they see people do something they don't agree with?

All in all? The show is still fun to watch. But when it comes to common sense! These characters have a "on/off" switch at any moment.
This guy gets it.

Listen... I'm not dense. I hear both sides. Guess I'm on the "common sense" side. Which IMO is the save side the Latino Barber is on.
I'll see it through. But I wobbly be disappointed if I miss an episode or two like I would TWD.
      09-15-2015, 04:55 AM   #81
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyis300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4
In away it is!

I think you are making my point, perhaps without realizing it... The barber wasn't emotionally connected to the people you noted and the son and mother had the most direct experience with the dead. The one who remains in the most denial is the husband. This is what the show is about - understanding the scope of the what's going on, overcoming denial and figuring out how to survive. Different characters will get there differently (or die). It wouldn't make much sense if episode #1 started off with everyone knowing what they were up against / what to do. That would just be TWD L.A.
      09-15-2015, 11:05 AM   #82
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
I can't wait to see Lauren Cohan again! I have such a crush on her.
I'm glad she had survived too. She's a great actor and her character is overall is well done.

Surprised Rick haber tried to hit that!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #83
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I'm glad she had survived too. She's a great actor and her character is overall is well done.

Surprised Rick haber tried to hit that!
I'd check her for ticks
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2015, 01:25 PM   #84
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I'd check her for ticks
      09-15-2015, 10:59 PM   #85
Haywood
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I'd check her for ticks
And vaginal worts. Oh... did I go too far?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 02:23 PM   #86
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Uh oh! What's the sinister military up to?!? Are they popping the "not so fit" people in that mysterious house with all the flashes?

Such intrique!

Spoiler - every character in the show is still a complete nimrod.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #87
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Uh oh! What's the sinister military up to?!? Are they popping the "not so fit" people in that mysterious house with all the flashes?

Such intrique!

I usually just watch the show out of the corner of my eye (bf watches) while I do other things around the house, but it's getting to be kind of painful. The opening scene with the flashing light felt so forced.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 11:38 PM   #88
Tracyis300
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC

Such intrique!

I believe there's a resistance (that dead body with the hand gun next to it, is a good clue?) against the military trying to lure people out of the quarantine?!

And yes! The characters still suck, but not as bad as the last episode. There starting to show their true colors, and are questioning there safety within the quarantine?
Appreciate 0