BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-03-2015, 07:17 PM   #45
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Just finished watching the second episode. Still like it a lot / think it is off to a very good start and, at least IMO, moving at a pretty good pace.
      09-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #46
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Imagine if the prequel caught up to the regular series and the main characters from each show crossed paths? Mind blown...
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2015, 12:34 PM   #47
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbark View Post
Imagine if the prequel caught up to the regular series and the main characters from each show crossed paths? Mind blown...
Somebody did a lot of cross-country walking from LA!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 11:44 PM   #48
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Angry

Changing my mind about this show. The idiocy is beyond infuriating! I mean the stupid ass mother is being a epic dumbass! And I seriously wish the dope fiend son would've gotten bit and shot the first episode. He's annoying as fuk.
      09-05-2015, 05:58 PM   #49
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Unfortunately, that's par for the course. For some reason creators of horror genres think characters need to be dumb and the audience would be ok with it. Maybe it is a reflection of the real world as I keep running into some really intellectually challenged people. It's a shame there are not many horror series/movies that actually treat their audience with respect and actually have a script with intelligence.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #50
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

I'm disappointed with this show. It's way too slow with it's MTV style intro. I expected a faster pace zombie show. And none of the characters are likable. If the next episode is just as bad then I give up on the show.
      09-08-2015, 03:23 PM   #51
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Damn, you guys are critical. Keep in mind, the general public in the show doesn't know the scope of the situation yet. I don't think it is moving too slow; already in the second episode we have a mass riot breaking out with people looting and burning things down. As far as likable characters, I'll agree there.
      09-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #52
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
The other problem with this whole thing is that AMC is clearly milking this genre. The Walking Dead itself probably needs to end in season 6, but I doubt it will.

To have another zombie show with the same premise while the original is still shooting is pretty evident of a money grab. Not saying it won't be quality, but The Walking Dead could conceivably go on forever with the group running from place to place, killing zombies, killing old characters, introducing new ones, and fucking shit up.

I would say Walking Dead has already gone slightly down hill, with season 5 being the worst season, following a "meh" season 4 that had A LOT of boring episodes where production budget was clearly limited.

Vince Gilligan ended breaking bad at its most popular and I'm not sure that will be the case with the Walking Dead.
Yes, please, let's have fewer zombie shows and more reality t.v and sitcoms And the walking dead should end? Wtf? I'd much rather watch TWD season 25 than 80% of the shit currently on tv. The internet is full of "smart" fans that miss the forest for the trees.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.

Last edited by Doc Oc; 09-08-2015 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 03:58 PM   #53
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
I'm disappointed with this show. It's way too slow with it's MTV style intro. I expected a faster pace zombie show. And none of the characters are likable. If the next episode is just as bad then I give up on the show.
If they go any faster then we are right back into the walking dead arena. I hope they keep it at a snail's pace. I want to see a full, slow depiction of the breakdown of society in all it's facets, not just hacking up zombies by episode 3. I hope it takes many seasons before we reach the desolate world of TWD.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #54
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I couldn't care less what two people of two different races do. If I wanted to watch something political, I'd turn on C-Span or something. Zombie melee action with chainsaws and Katanas is what I want to see. Real life sucks bad enough as it is, let me enjoy my down time with some honest to goodness entertainment. TWD dead already has two gay guys (spoiler, one doesn't last long in the comics) and that lesbo chick Tara. We get it, edgy, blah blah. More of Daryl and Michonne please.

*Probably why I like Turner Classic Movies so much*
Interesting point of view......seems like you are saying real life sucks because there are gays and lesbos and interracial couples?

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 05:58 PM   #55
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
Interesting point of view......seems like you are saying real life sucks because there are gays and lesbos and interracial couples?
Nah, I'm saying life sucks badly as it is, in my downtime from all the misery I just want to see zombies get slayed. I don't need to see some bullshiz diversity experiment or other PC political propaganda shiz played out in front of my eyes. If I wanted to roll my eyes I'd watch C-Span. Rambo never had a diversity experiment, he just made everybody pay the price for messing with Uncle Sam and blew shiz up.

It was bad enough the two dudes made out in TWD last season with no warning on the screen beforehand. I have no desire nor reason to see that type of content. Watching two coloncowboys go at it is pretty far down my list.

Two hot chicks going at it are of course acceptable in any format, but never two fat chicks because they might as well be dudes.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 09:27 AM   #56
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
It was bad enough the two dudes made out in TWD last season with no warning on the screen beforehand..
I must have missed an episode
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 02:51 PM   #57
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
That's pretty much what I gathered from the comment. But oh well... To each his own.

Variety is the Spice of Life.

Oh, I actually thought my DVR screwed me this Sunday! But then I remembered, no showing this weekend.

On a related subject... Has anyone watched "Z Land" on SyFy? Any good or lamos?
      09-09-2015, 03:01 PM   #58
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Yes, please, let's have fewer zombie shows and more reality t.v and sitcoms And the walking dead should end? Wtf? I'd much rather watch TWD season 25 than 80% of the shit currently on tv. The internet is full of "smart" fans that miss the forest for the trees.
When did I say other things on TV were awesome and specifically to have more sitcoms and reality TV?

Zombie shows will become an over-saturated and repetitive genre if AMC keeps cranking them out.

Whine all you want, but you can have too much of a good thing if it lacks direction and doesn't end in a reasonable amount of time. We don't need more iterations of the same thing from the same network. The more content you crank out, the harder it is to continue the interest and quality.

Just because The Shawshank Redemption was the best movie of all time, doesn't mean we need a Shawshank Redemption 2. Most sequels are worse than the original and most shows peak and then fizzle out before being cancelled.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 03:30 PM   #59
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
That's pretty much what I gathered from the comment. But oh well... To each his own.

Variety is the Spice of Life.

Oh, I actually thought my DVR screwed me this Sunday! But then I remembered, no showing this weekend.

On a related subject... Has anyone watched "Z Land" on SyFy? Any good or lamos?
ZNation? Campy crazy shit that I can watch about 3/4 of a show before I need to find something else. I was upset when the cosmonaut "killed" Citizen Z's dog, after all the fun they were having together. Then it went way off the edge and I had to turn on Mexican futbol
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #60
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
ZNation? Campy crazy shit that I can watch about 3/4 of a show before I need to find something else. I was upset when the cosmonaut "killed" Citizen Z's dog, after all the fun they were having together. Then it went way off the edge and I had to turn on Mexican futbol
Sorry. Meant Z Nation. There was a marathon Labor Day but I had family over visiting, I tried to tune in but wasn't sure if corny or good.
I'll try and check it out.
      09-14-2015, 01:09 PM   #61
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Right when I thought nothing could be more boring then the Dallas/NYG game last night I gave this show another chance... What a mistake
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #62
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

The writers are making the characters epic stupid. I almost can't finish the series. I get it that this is "new and unknown" to these people. But no way in hell they are this foking dumb!
Can't wait for the original to return...
      09-14-2015, 01:59 PM   #63
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

The idiocy of the characters is realistic, the show is based in CA afterall. ;D

I want to see Mr. Anti Gun go down hard now, he doesn't like guns. Pansy.

Mr. Salazar is the boss, he's the new Shane and the only one I care about now.

LoL at Johnny Depp's reactions when the little girl caught him trying to get into the house with a screwdriver, haha. Worst casting ever, the real Johnny Depp should get paid for this show.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 02:29 PM   #64
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

did you guys catch the scene when they left the house with both cars, took multiple turns and somehow end up infront of the neighbors house as he was exiting the vehicle?! dafuq!
      09-14-2015, 03:12 PM   #65
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaye1
did you guys catch the scene when they left the house with both cars, took multiple turns and somehow end up infront of the neighbors house as he was exiting the vehicle?! dafuq!
Yep caught hahaha just like catching the wife driving straight but yet she's turning the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 03:45 PM   #66
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

The "neighbor" lived in the house behind them, so, it's not uncommon to have to make multiple turns just to get to your backyard neighbor, particularly in suburbia.

Take this real-life example of 7 miles of road to get to neighbor's house:

http://usa.streetsblog.org/2013/02/2...iles-of-roads/
Appreciate 0