BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

07-23-2022, 07:45 AM   #1
AlexGree
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xdrive30d

E61 Automatic Luggage Roller Cover coding

Hi fellas,

ISSUE: I have an issue in my E61 Touring 2010 with luggage compartment roller cover. After few years of driving this car I realized that as I open the automatic (hydraulic) tailgate, the cover pops-up to the top position, BUT after closing the tailgate it should be dragged to the lower closed position automatically (all the time I did it by hand), but it doesn't. It stays at the top.

RESEARCH: after looking on the internet for solution I found confusing information about how it should properly work.
One say it should pop-up (spring like) to the top when you open the tailgate, and dragged back down automatically by the motor when you press close button.
Like so:

Others say that it should automatically dragged up AND down.
Like so:

The reasons of malfunction may differ, mechanical, electrical and coding (cover is controlled by Temic LCPA module).
Mechanical and electrical (wiring, moisture) factors I already checked and even changed the module once, had no difference. I have found the mention from someone that once dealer coded this function off after the oil change.

QUESTION: So the question is: does anyone knows and can explain what coding I should check/perform to make the damn cover roll back to its place automatically after closing the tailgate? I'm looking for right FDL code.

Hope you guys can help me with this one I wasted so much time on this, not so important, issue that it became matter of principle.. you know..
Appreciate 0