BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

06-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Arrow 2014 ADAC Race Season (GT Masters, 24Nurburgring, VLN Endurance, etc)...

I haven't seen much, if any, talk about the ADAC organized racing events across Europe. These is not a new racing series, having been run for many, many years. For those here uninitiated, let's start with some basics:

What is ADAC?
ADAC stands for, literally, Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club e.V.. It is a German auto club that runs everything from supercars to supercross to superboats. You may some times see, as you will when I list the series stops, the acronym "DMV" associated with the stop or ring. This was the name of ADAC initially and means: Deutsche Motorradfahrer-Vereinigung.

Each year ADAC runs a series for their Grand Touring participants called the ADAC GT Masters. The latest race was this past weekend, 6/8/14 at the Red Bull Ring.
I will use this thread for the entire season being that their probably isn't much need to start a new thread for each stop as we do with F1 and MotoGP.

Here is the website, feel free to explore it: http://www.adac-gt-masters.de/uk/regeln/static/

--For those in the USA, these are broadcast on Fox Sports and Speed 2

Here is the remainder of the 2014 season.
6/8 - Red Bull Ring
8/10 - Slovakia Ring
8/31 - Nurburgring
9/21 - Sachsenring
10/5 - Hockenheim

So what Grand Tourers are entered? Here you go:
BMW Z4 GT3 ( I put this one up top since we all love BMW)
Corvette Z06.R GT3
Porsche 911 GT3 R
Audi R8 LMS ultra
McLaren MP4-12C GT3
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
Chevrolet Camaro GT
Lamborghini Gallardo FL2

and this lady was there so yeah

Now on to some fun stuff, here are some photos from the last event. This is a pretty cool series so I'd invite you all to check it out or look out for my periodic updates here in this thread....

Last edited by 954Stealth; 06-09-2014 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I've been to a few of the ADAC Master races. Its a good event!

Hockenheim Ring ADAC Masters
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393714
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I've been to a few of the ADAC Master races. Its a good event!

Hockenheim Ring ADAC Masters
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393714
Extraordinary photos, Dackel!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 09:38 AM   #5
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

ADAC also happens to be a member of the VLN (Association of Nürburgring Endurance Cup Organisers in English) I guess in this ADAC thread I will include the below as well...thoughts?

They are running these events from the VLN members this year:
07/05: ADAC Reinoldus Langstreckenrennen
08/02: RCM CMW Grenzlandrennen
08/23: Opel 6 Stunden ADAC Ruhr-Pokal-Rennen
09/13: ADAC Barbarossapreis
10/11: ROWE DMB 250-Meilen-Rennen
10/25: DMV Munsterlandpokal <---- see here's the 'DMV' I referred to in my OP

and...new this year... is the BMW M235i Racing Cup!
It's a Collabo between Nurburgring and VLN.
Check out the BMW Motorsports Press Release:
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/bmw...acing-cup.html

This should make the thread QUITE relevant to the website here itself

Last edited by 954Stealth; 06-10-2014 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #6
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Dang it, I need to find out where Fox and Speed2 on my DirecTV lineup.
I havn't watch them since they ditched Formula 1.
      06-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #7
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Zurch 24Hour @ Nurburgring 06-22 to 06-24

Next ADAC Event:

ADAC Zurich 24-Hour Race
24 HOURS NÜRBURGRING to include the annual M FESTIVAL-- and the BMW Sports Trophy and the M235i Racing Cup!!
This will be held at the "Green Hell" known as the legendary Nurburgring
Official race website: http://www.24h-rennen.de/en/official-website/

Full schedule as PDF: http://www.nuerburgring.de/uploads/m...4-Zeitplan.pdf

Entries for BMW:
1 Martin/Wittmann/Alzen --- BMW Z4 GT3
2 Klingmann/Baumann/Hürtgen --- BMW Z4 GT3
3 Werner/Müller/Luhr/Sims --- BMW Z4 GT3
4 Leinders/Palttala/Catsburg/Adorf --- BMW Z4 GT3

BMW-Motorsport.com coverage:
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/24h...g/results.html

"The legendary Nordschleife, spectacular racing cars and a 24-hour party: from 19 - 22 June 2014 the pilots in the ADAC Zurich 24-hour race will again be racing around the 25-kilometre long combination of Nordschleife and Grand Prix Circuit.

The ADAC Zurich 24-hour race again promises to be a race of superlatives in 2014 and for one day and one night push both men and machines to the limit. Where else can you experience a field of entrants with way over 200 vehicles driving at full speed for one whole day and night around the longest racetrack in the world"

24 hours. 190 teams. 800 race drivers. Over 230,000 fans. We guarantee more than your share of breathtaking moments at the 42nd racetrack classic in the „Green Hell“.

Allow the burning rubber and vibrating motors to pull you into their grip. Nestled between the blue sky and the „Green Hell“, yet close enough to feel the experience of the 24h Race - all within the M Community. With our exclusive M FESTIVAL Package you can expect to enjoy three unforgettable days of racing at the Nuerburgring - packed with unbridled emotion and pure excitement. Be there when yet another piece of racing history fills the rolling German countryside!

Three days of pure emotion.
Enjoy this one of a kind weekend in the company of fellow fans from 20 - 22 June 2014.

Felix Baumgartner will fulfill a childhood dream this summer when he races at the famous Nürburgring 24 Hour race in June in the Eifel mountains of Germany.

The world's greatest BASE jumper is heading off on a new adventure: taking on the legendary Nordschleife at the Nürburgring at the wheel of an Audi R8 LMS.

Baumgartner made history in 2012 by completing the highest ever free fall as part of the Red Bull Stratos project, jumping from a balloon at a height of 38,969 meters [127,852 ft.] and falling to Earth at speeds of up to 1358 kph [843 mph].

His latest project sees him stay on terra firma: he’s teaming up with Audi to race in the Nürburgring 24 hours on June 21/22.

FYI: While this is an ADAC event, The next stop in the ADAC GT Masters series is August 10th at the Slovakiaring (I just don't want to confuse things for people)

Last edited by 954Stealth; 06-16-2014 at 11:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The legendary Nürburgring-Nordschleife will host the famous 24-hour race for the 42nd in 2014. With 19 triumphs to its name – eight of which were one-twos – BMW has achieved more victories in the “Green Hell” than any other manufacturer. In total, BMW cars have claimed 162 class victories in the 41 races so far. In 2014, BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS and BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert once again line up with two BMW Z4 GT3s each on the Nordschleife. A number of established BMW works drivers will be joined at the wheel by four newcomers, in the form of Dominik Baumann, Nick Catsburg, Lucas Luhr and Alexander Sims. BMW DTM drivers Maxime Martin, Martin Tomczyk and Marco Wittmann will also bolster the driving line-up.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #9
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 12:47 PM   #10
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

The N24 on NOS is such an EVENT! It's not to be missed. Sadly I can not attend. But everyone needs to go at least once in their lifetime. Its not just a race but an experience!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #11
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The N24 on NOS is such an EVENT! It's not to be missed. Sadly I can not attend. But everyone needs to go at least once in their lifetime. Its not just a race but an experience!
I've never been but it is definitely on my list! Seems like, as you said the entire weekend is filled with awesomeness.

Did you get to the qualifying race they held back in April (I think it was)?

Here are some photos from the Qualifikation Rennen (I'll just put up mainly the BMWs)

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #12
BallisticRedRaider
The Ballistic Red Raider
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

TV Coverage in the US?

Does anyone know if there will be any kind of TV coverage or online streaming for the Nürburgring 24 Hours?

Fox Sports had great coverage of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, but the Nürburgring race is the one I really want to watch.

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 07:49 AM   #13
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticRedRaider View Post
Does anyone know if there will be any kind of TV coverage or online streaming for the Nürburgring 24 Hours?

Fox Sports had great coverage of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, but the Nürburgring race is the one I really want to watch.
No TV coverage in the US as far as I can tell but YouTube should have stream.
Also try these:

http://adac.24h-rennen.de/
http://www.audi.de/de/brand/de.html
www.ustream.tv/channel/nürburgring-24h
http://www.sportauto.de/marken/news/...n-1051488.html

http://www.radiolemans.com/
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #14
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The 42nd edition of the legendary 24 hour race at the Nürburgring is fast approaching: This weekend, the 175 reported race cars gather at the Eifel circuit. Rent4Ring Racing was reported this year for the first time in the 24-hour classic, but for various reasons can not go to the start the Swiss team.

The team led by Fredy Lienhard and Ralph Beck launched the new BMW 4-the fourth VLN race mid-May. The first shake-down, there were still a few minor issues that should be resolved by the race weekend of the 24-hour race.

"We have worked very hard and all our force put into this project, the worse it is now to have to cancel participation for us," said Fredy Lienhard. "In addition, our third set driver's health prevented., It was not to be, but we are still in a positive mood that we soon 428i can go back to the start in the VLN with the BMW."

This is AVIA Racing's entry:

AVIA racing is known for actions for a good cause, because in addition to athletic success playing in front of all the numerous fans for the team an important role. "We want to bring all the spectators a great show and a lot of fun in this unique weekend," says Stephan Hauke. For this reason, AVIA racing has devised a special charity event: On Saturday there at AVIA truck behind Box 15 energy drinks and isotonic drinks in individual collectible tins.

These were designed in the AVIA racing design and limited to an edition of 1,000 pieces. The full proceeds going to the clubs "Race4Friends" and "Race4Hospiz"
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #15
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Haribo Racing and their black Porsche 911 GT3 R. Joerg Bergmeister joined the team as a factory-backed driver.

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #16
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Some highlights from the Claudia Hurtgen interview (who races in the Blancpain/ADAC GT Masters series). She is one of Germany's best-known female drivers and BMW champs. Check her out: http://www.claudiahuertgen.de/

Claudia, you're driving since 2003 for BMW at the 24 Hours of Nürburgring. How does this experience noticeable?
--- Claudia Hurtgen: Experience helps in such a race in any case. Especially in this particular race with the different performance cars - you know how you have to behave in traffic. You're watching the other cars and can assess which line they drive, where they put their braking points and so on. Accordingly, we look with our fast GT3 cars, how and where we get the best.

What would you consider most critical phase of the race called?
--- Claudia Hurtgen: The start is certainly one of the most delicate moments. You have to be very careful on the one hand to get a good start and also to build an accident in the fray. After this phase, the field is sorted once and comes in a racing river. Basically, it depends on the position on the you are going straight. The last stint can be critical of course, if you mitfährst at the top and it may go for the win.

You are for sharing this time the BMW Z4 GT3 with Martin Tomczyk, who is 30 cm taller than you Is there no problems with the seat position?
--- Claudia Hurtgen: We have it set up in preparation for that all drivers can sit comfortably. Furthermore, we can for example adjust the pedals. If you share a car with other drivers, you always have to make compromises. Here you are evading probably from two to three percent from the optimum. In the DTM, which is of course different, as Martin can set the car up to 100 percent in coming.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #17
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Dang it, I need to find out where Fox and Speed2 on my DirecTV lineup.
I havn't watch them since they ditched Formula 1.
FOX1: 219
FOX2: 618

No more Speed
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #18
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

More on the BMW M235i Cup
"I am looking forward to being a part of the journalist's vehicle in the 24-hour race there," grins Alexander Mies, who knows most of his colleagues were from the 24-hour qualifying race in April. "We're a good team. It is a bit strange that I, as a BMW Junior with the car and the track had the most experience. But that only motivates me even more." The car shared by both motorsport journalists Marcus Schurig and Jethro Bovingdon and the former MotoGP rider Alex Hofmann and BMW Motorsport Junior Alexander Mies.

Normally, the BMW Junior starts in the VLN with an Opel Astra OPC Cup of Bonk motorsport. At the 24-hour race Mies may sniff the air of a work team one more time. "Particularly impressive, I think, the professional approach of BMW Motorsport," said Mies. "The organization in a work team moves in comparison to all the other things I already knew, once again on a higher level."

The second BMW M235i Racing adrenaline motorsports share Christopher Rink, Guido Wirtz, Oleg Kvitka and Thorsten Wolter, currently fifth-placed in the overall standings. "I think we are able, To fight with two cars to the front places," said Daniel Zils are optimistic. "We are currently in the overall standings of the BMW M235i Racing Cup in leadership and want to defend this course. Return we will give everything."

In addition rent2Drive Racing team principal David Ackerman grab Jörg Wiskirchen, Carsten Welschar and David Griessner the steering wheel. "It's obviously a dream at the 24 Hours at the Nürburgring to go to the start," said Griessner pleased and is optimistic: "I will, as at the last VLN races, again with a BMW M235i racing for the team be and give everything rent2Drive racing there. "

Modified Scoring
In awarding points to the BMW M235i Racing Cup is, in contrast to the VLN races, an innovation. After 6, 12 and 18 hours, there is the 24-hour race in each case an intermediate result with scoring. After six and twelve hours, the participants even each get half the usual points, after 18 hours the full standings. These counters will be awarded to the team and to each of the team's riders. However, only when the vehicle is driven after the respective time information across the finish line. After 24 hours, there is the standard scoring.

Despite the interim results, however, is only the result after 24 hours, the official results of the event represents the four points awards are added together and put the total score of the event dar. Maximally thus 78 points are collected, provided a team to each intermediate result at the top is and also the race at the end wins. A good reason why the 24-hour race for the BMW M235i Racing Cup is one of the most important races of the year.

Hard work for the tires
Tire manufacturer Dunlop, which equips the BMW M235i Racing Cup exclusively with tires was also confronted with a major challenge before the 24-hour race. "In the racing tires for the BMW M235i Racing it came alongside an optimum level of grip and excellent handling characteristics on a wide range of applications and good nature in the border area," explains Alexander Kühn, head Dunlop Motorsport. "Even Motorsport beginners to easily cope with the total package of tires and vehicle, and have confidence in the BMW M235i Racing, especially in the Green Hell with constantly changing weather conditions."

So not only the slicks are optimally matched to the Eifel circuit but also the rain tires offer the same high-performance Dunlop with high grip and good stability even on a drying track. Especially on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife a challenge, as the Green Hell is unique: 33 left-handers, 40 right turns, a wide variety of radii and gradients to 20.8 kilometers.

The Green Hell is the hardest, most challenging and longest race track in the world - not least by the many, different asphalt pavements. At the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring, the demands on the tires with other circuit races are similar: Here you must do hard work. When searching for the optimal setup and the question as to which tire should be selected for the currently prevailing weather conditions, the experienced experts of Dunlop are a very sought-after partner for the teams

SIZE:
For use race tires come in the dimension 265/660 R18, which were jointly developed with BMW Motorsport for use on the BMW M235i Racing.

Last edited by 954Stealth; 06-18-2014 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #19
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Marco Seefried will be starting as one of the favorites in this (below) It is the Audi R8 LMS ultra of Prosperia C. Abt Racing. Other drivers areNicki Thiim, Richard Westbrook and Alex Müller

"I am very pleased to be able to start this year with Audi and Prosperia C. Abt Racing, "says Marco Seefried and adds:" In the past that was regularly clear how competitive the Audi R8 on the Nordschleife is "with the GT3. racers are expected to put the veteran at the dress rehearsal, the 24 qualifying events, to the test. During the event, he secured a place in the top 30 qualifying for the 24-hour race., the exciting ITT is one of the highlights next weekend, in which the fastest teams will drive out the starting positions for the race."
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 12:47 PM   #20
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

This is Christopher Brück who will drive in the SP9 class the BMW Z4 GT3 of Walkenhorst Motorsport together with his team-mate Max Sandy Knight, Dennis Rostek and Ferdinand Stuck.

"I am looking forward to the 24-hour race, which is the very big highlight of the season for us every year. About 220,000 spectators are expected at this weekend and will transform the event again in a motorsport festival. The atmosphere is just gorgeous and you just have to have witnessed live "once reported Brück, going for the team of Walkenhorst Motorsport this year at the start." -- Christopher Bruck

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #21
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

This is Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 of Harold T. Primat and HTP Motorsport:

Pole position for April’s Qualifying Race (photos are above) secured the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3’s entry at the event
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #22
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

...but enough with the hood stars and 4-ringer's...

Let's look at some more Z4s from Schubert and VDS of BMW Motorsport and Walkenhorst Motorsport!

other team's with BMWs who will be there and at the M Festival include:
BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert - BMW Z4 GT3
BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS - BMW Z4 GT3
Walkenhorst Motorsport - BMW Z4 GT3
Hofor - Racing 1 - BMW M3 GTR
Hofor - Racing 2 - BMW M3 CSL
MSC-Rhön e.V. i. ADAC - BMW M3 and a 1M-Coupe
Jose Manuel Balbiani - M3 e46
Kornelius Hoffmann - BMW M3
Bonk Motorsport - BMW M3 GT4, 325i
Team Securtal Sorg Rennsport - BMW M3 GT4
Patrick Rehs - BMW 130i GTR