BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-19-2019, 11:34 AM   #23
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

...but that doesn't show the destination charge in the original sale price. What documentation do you have that states it is already included?
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2019, 12:45 PM   #24
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

No offense but you got bait and switched and stayed. On top of that mistake, you double paid on a line item. This time, they got you. And, exactly why those dealerships do not change.
Appreciate 1
GKay28.50
      01-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #25
symple84
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18' SMB M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
...but that doesn't show the destination charge in the original sale price. What documentation do you have that states it is already included?
The window sticker of the car shows that a Destination charge is already part of the MSRP of the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #26
symple84
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
No offense but you got bait and switched and stayed. On top of that mistake, you double paid on a line item. This time, they got you. And, exactly why those dealerships do not change.
I did not realize it was a double charge until the next day when I was looking at the window sticker then I put it all together. But yes I agree - looking back I should have walked away.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 04:19 PM   #27
symple84
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
If you don't mind spending the time, it would also be worth reporting them to the Federal Trade Commission for deceptive sales practices.
Funny enough, FTC is not accepting any complaints because of the government shutdown. You best believe I will be opening a compliant with them once that mess is over.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #28
Yugo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

In the future, negotiate on an "out the door" price (car, tags, tax). Know your max total price and stick firmly to it. This way you are avoiding any mistakes and extra charges. Hopefully you are able to get your $895 back. Best of luck!
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2019, 06:49 PM   #29
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Ah, the Finance Department. Everyone is so on guard with the sales person that they drop their guard and relax as soon as they get into the Finance office. That's where the real sharks swim. Gotta stay on your toes.

And to second what others have said, if the numbers change between the sales person and the Finance office, it's time to leave. I have tried to preempt this sort of shenanigans before. When we bought my wife's car the sales guy had me initial a piece of paper that had the terms of the deal we struck. I told him if a single number was out of place between that sheet of paper and what they were having me sign I was gone. I don't give a F*ck if it's human error and an honest mistake, I'm gone. So triple check your finance dude's work and make sure he doesn't blow this deal for you. Everything was spot on. I'll never know if it's because they were an honest dealer or if my little threat worked, but I sailed through the Finance department in record time.
Appreciate 0