BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

09-11-2018, 03:49 AM   #1
Mac50063
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E63 630i

E60, 61, 63 and 64 Sport Button

Hi guys, new to the forum for these cars but been with BMW for many years now. Love to be able to drop in and out and pick up tips along the way so can I just say excellent work BimmerPost!!
Anyway, I am lucky enough to own an E63 2007 630i with the non DCT gearbox so I'm assuming its pre LCI.
I would very much like to alter the gear change and shift surround an have a couple of ideas on how to do it. One is to remodel the current set up with some Hydro Dipping, the second is to make a mixture of the two versions open to me (I already own a DCT style shifter know and surround) but in order to do so I need to change the shift surround to the later version which has a different sport button and much different wiring.
I would like to know if anyone else has done this or similar as I have no idea where to start when looking at the sport button wiring.

Any help is greatly received as I am stumped!!
Appreciate 0