BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-23-2022, 08:41 PM   #1
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

I’m playing hoodie tomorrow….

(Hookie, not hoodie)
And I don’t know what to do.
My wife can’t get out of work so….
My mind tells me, wake up wash down the lanai and go get Starbucks. Make some scrambled eggs and bacon on the griddle after walking the pooch. Hit the shower, grab the camera and take a cruise down the Gulf of Mexico. Snap some pics…make my way to my favorite resort for a Long Island and fish tacos then lay on the beach for a few hours to decompress.
Grab a Happy Hour cocktail on the way out of the beach zone and head home. Walk the dog….shower and order out some chicken parm.

Reality, wake up late. Walk the dog. Drive to the beach, won’t find parking. Drive around the area looking at tourists and head home to watch Ridiculousness on MTV.

No idea why I play hoodie……what’s your Friday looking like?
Appreciate 5
shawnhayes1829.50
Suds1597.00
Tyga113229.00
      06-23-2022, 10:00 PM   #2
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
(Hookie, not hoodie)
And I don't know what to do.
My wife can't get out of work so….
My mind tells me, wake up wash down the lanai and go get Starbucks. Make some scrambled eggs and bacon on the griddle after walking the pooch. Hit the shower, grab the camera and take a cruise down the Gulf of Mexico. Snap some pics…make my way to my favorite resort for a Long Island and fish tacos then lay on the beach for a few hours to decompress.
Grab a Happy Hour cocktail on the way out of the beach zone and head home. Walk the dog….shower and order out some chicken parm.

Reality, wake up late. Walk the dog. Drive to the beach, won't find parking. Drive around the area looking at tourists and head home to watch Ridiculousness on MTV.

No idea why I play hoodie……what's your Friday looking like?
Lunch meeting with a customer then 1.5 hour drive home. Then 1 hour drive to lake house. Finally getting to try the new sea-doo then spend the rest of the weekend drinking beer and lounging on the tritoon. Looking forward to it.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4475.50
      06-23-2022, 10:06 PM   #3
Suds
/M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Responsiblish

Sometimes we just need a personal day from the office, no questions asked!
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4475.50
      06-24-2022, 08:29 AM   #4
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Surprisingly no meetings today, except 1.

Amazon reached out to me regarding a position so I'm going to have a quick chat with their internal recruiter before I apply.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 08:44 AM   #5
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Just had my 1 and only meeting of the day... So I guess I'm more or less ready for the weekend.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 05:53 PM   #6
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Yeah sooooo I picked the ass hottest day of the year to take off. Ended up at Lowes, Home Depot and headed to the beach. My favorite resort was under construction so one pool is closed and EVERYONE was at the bar. 40 minutes wasted, had lunch at Fords Garage and went home with the pup and floated in the 90° pool
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 11:33 PM   #7
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Yeah sooooo I picked the ass hottest day of the year to take off. Ended up at Lowes, Home Depot and headed to the beach. My favorite resort was under construction so one pool is closed and EVERYONE was at the bar. 40 minutes wasted, had lunch at Fords Garage and went home with the pup and floated in the 90° pool
First world problems for sure but….. I have been known to bring 40-50 bags of ice to a pool party before. One of the few times I go to Walmart. It will make a difference and is worth the effort and $125.
Appreciate 2
wrickem2101.00
Tommy-G4475.50
      06-25-2022, 12:03 AM   #8
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Yeah, but did the dog get its walk?

06-25-2022, 03:09 AM   #9
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I fractured my foot the first week of December, and I have been going to physical therapy, and I haven't been to work, this year.

I'm still getting full pay, so, I'm just making sure Im good before I go back to work. I don't need to get reinjured. First time having more than 30 days off, in 31 years of work.

So, I've been basically playing hookie, for the past 6 months. Podiatrist isn't happy with my range of motion, yet, so, I'm still out.

Girl is coming over, this weekend and were going out to try some nice steak places. I'm kind of a steak connoisseur, so, I like to travel and try good food. I've been to Hell's Kitchen in Vegas. It's worth the cost of admission.

NusrEt, (Salt Bae) restaurant wasn't worth the price, at all. $229 for both of us, and I feel like I got a 5 oz chuck steak cut by the man, himself, and that's all it was. The steak was $120 and it was weak. I've literally had a better Steak, at the Hard Rock, across the street from my house.

Thats the weekend. Lets see how it goes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 08:56 AM   #10
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
First world problems for sure but….. I have been known to bring 40-50 bags of ice to a pool party before. One of the few times I go to Walmart. It will make a difference and is worth the effort and $125.
Great idea but a little overkill for just me in the pool. Great idea though for the next weekend we are both going to chill all weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Yeah, but did the dog get its walk?

The dog ALWAYS gets its walks. Louie is very demanding to get what he wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I fractured my foot the first week of December, and I have been going to physical therapy, and I haven't been to work, this year.

I'm still getting full pay, so, I'm just making sure Im good before I go back to work. I don't need to get reinjured. First time having more than 30 days off, in 31 years of work.

So, I've been basically playing hookie, for the past 6 months. Podiatrist isn't happy with my range of motion, yet, so, I'm still out.

Girl is coming over, this weekend and were going out to try some nice steak places. I'm kind of a steak connoisseur, so, I like to travel and try good food. I've been to Hell's Kitchen in Vegas. It's worth the cost of admission.

NusrEt, (Salt Bae) restaurant wasn't worth the price, at all. $229 for both of us, and I feel like I got a 5 oz chuck steak cut by the man, himself, and that's all it was. The steak was $120 and it was weak. I've literally had a better Steak, at the Hard Rock, across the street from my house.

Thats the weekend. Lets see how it goes.
We loved Wynn steakhouse but I agree many of these places are just a gimmic and mediocre meat.
I’m slightly more impressed that you live across from a Hard Rock
Appreciate 0