BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-23-2019, 12:02 PM   #23
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

I did not watch that video or kick many faces I should have. It's just you should be primarily the one to take care about your face: a grandma or a girl, no matter . Stupidity is no virtue. Some weak behave as if they were strong, challenging people most annoyingly instead of being sensible. That's too pointless. If they choose to confront they'd be better ready for it rather than explore the other party's prudence to the limit. If you bet your face it can be claimed. Those who don't restrict themselves can be either very wrong or doing a necessary dirty work in fact: depending on the situation. It's always better to hit the body though.

Just for instance. My last case was a boy (a schoolboy, not a baby) completely ignoring my order/warning to stop annoying me. I did not break a hole in his head to let some sense in but when someone does (well, not literally that much damage yet) I'll approve that. "Spare the rod and spoil the child." (only if that's the only language it understands, of course)

And regarding men beating women: those can be a couple and the woman might blame/charge you for interfering and hurting her "sweety" afterwards. Being impulsive is risky every time.

Violence/aggression should be stopped mindfully as you escalate it otherwise in fact.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 07:29 PM   #24
Teufelshund
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 xDrive35i

Why was I so compelled to click on that title?
      03-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #25
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Just read that the guy was arrested.

https://apple.news/ABJWHRhTURR-kgRKG-QnCMg
Appreciate 3
SakhirM410783.00
King Rudi13152.00
      03-24-2019, 10:53 AM   #26
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
I did not watch that video or kick many faces I should have. It's just you should be primarily the one to take care about your face: a grandma or a girl, no matter . Stupidity is no virtue. Some weak behave as if they were strong, challenging people most annoyingly instead of being sensible. That's too pointless. If they choose to confront they'd be better ready for it rather than explore the other party's prudence to the limit. If you bet your face it can be claimed. Those who don't restrict themselves can be either very wrong or doing a necessary dirty work in fact: depending on the situation. It's always better to hit the body though.

Just for instance. My last case was a boy (a schoolboy, not a baby) completely ignoring my order/warning to stop annoying me. I did not break a hole in his head to let some sense in but when someone does (well, not literally that much damage yet) I'll approve that. "Spare the rod and spoil the child." (only if that's the only language it understands, of course)

And regarding men beating women: those can be a couple and the woman might blame/charge you for interfering and hurting her "sweety" afterwards. Being impulsive is risky every time.

Violence/aggression should be stopped mindfully as you escalate it otherwise in fact.
Lol wat?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 11:21 AM   #27
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

I had an incident last week in South Carolina that essentially involved a barrage of roughly 1 minute of nothing but racial slurs and threats being throw at me, as I was walking down the street with my wife. Due to the extremely violent tone of the man hurling these racial slurs at me, and thinking he's probably quite violent or looking to get violent, my wife and I did the safe thing and quickly entered someone's backyard. Luckily, the guy continued walking.

There are some very disturbed, unpredictable and mentally unstable people out there. They belong in mental institutions, not on the streets.

This video the OP posted supports this. Be very careful around these people, especially with wives and/or children with you. They probably carry brass knuckles, knives or needles. Not worth it.

I am deeply, deeply saddened that an old lady who has probably been through a lot in her life, has to endure something like this. I'm sure the attacker will be found soon, and dealt with appropriately.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 11:54 AM   #28
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I had an incident last week in South Carolina that essentially involved a barrage of roughly 1 minute of nothing but racial slurs and threats being throw at me, as I was walking down the street with my wife. Due to the extremely violent tone of the man hurling these racial slurs at me, and thinking he's probably quite violent or looking to get violent, my wife and I did the safe thing and quickly entered someone's backyard. Luckily, the guy continued walking.

There are some very disturbed, unpredictable and mentally unstable people out there. They belong in mental institutions, not on the streets.

This video the OP posted supports this. Be very careful around these people, especially with wives and/or children with you. They probably carry brass knuckles, knives or needles. Not worth it.

I am deeply, deeply saddened that an old lady who has probably been through a lot in her life, has to endure something like this. I'm sure the attacker will be found soon, and dealt with appropriately.
See two posts above
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 1
P111541.50
      03-24-2019, 12:01 PM   #29
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
How do people film it and not help????
Easier said than done.

The dude is crazy and enraged, why throw yourself into that mix and potentially get beaten or killed yourself?

Real life isn't a movie.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 12:33 PM   #30
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Easier said than done.

The dude is crazy and enraged, why throw yourself into that mix and potentially get beaten or killed yourself?

Real life isn't a movie.
If real life isn't a movie, then why did everyone sit by and make a movie out of it?? I'm sorry, I don't agree with you.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
Delta03117475.50
      03-24-2019, 02:48 PM   #31
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If real life isn't a movie, then why did everyone sit by and make a movie out of it?? I'm sorry, I don't agree with you.
There's been a lot of psychology studies done on topics like this and they've come to the same conclusions. Basically, people feel that (a) somebody else will step in and save the day or (b) are fearful for their own safety.

I understand being upset nobody called the cops promptly, but I don't understand the expectation that some hero will go kick this crazy guy's ass. He could be on PCP (gives superhuman strength), bath salts, have a gun, have a knife, who knows.

Now if somebody was carrying a gun I could see it being stopped.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 05:57 PM   #32
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
There's been a lot of psychology studies done on topics like this and they've come to the same conclusions. Basically, people feel that (a) somebody else will step in and save the day or (b) are fearful for their own safety.
studies have also shown that people are more likely to step in if they're alone than in a group. funny enough.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      03-24-2019, 07:42 PM   #33
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
studies have also shown that people are more likely to step in if they're alone than in a group. funny enough.
Yupp.

That subconscious sense that "somebody else" will help is obviously not applicable.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 07:52 PM   #34
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Prosecutors should charge this demon with attempted murder. You kick anybody, let alone an elderly defenseless woman, in the face over and over death is a possible outcome.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:34 AM   #35
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
A herd needs a leader: when one starts others will join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Prosecutors should charge this demon with attempted murder. You kick anybody, let alone an elderly defenseless woman, in the face over and over death is a possible outcome.
That much? It must have been his mother in law. And it could be yours. A murder isn't committed that way. "One shot - one kill." Kicking face is more about humiliation.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:50 AM   #36
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Easier said than done.

Real life isn't a movie.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
      03-25-2019, 12:55 PM   #37
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Easy to type quotes from behind a keyboard, it's another thing when shit's actually going down.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 01:10 PM   #38
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

This man needs that Gillette commercial in his life.....

.......and dental work done with a hammer.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 01:38 PM   #39
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Easy to type quotes from behind a keyboard, it's another thing when shit's actually going down.
Well, I was active duty USMC for 26 years, and in the civilian world, I have intervened in such situations, but you do whatever makes you more comfortable.
      03-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #40
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Easier said than done.

Real life isn't a movie.
Quote:
He's got a point about it being a dangerous gamble. These 3 dudes stepped in on a train in Portland when some teenage girls were getting harassed. All 3 got knifed, 2 died.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...tack_cont.html
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:14 PM   #41
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
He's got a point about it being a dangerous gamble. These 3 dudes stepped in on a train in Portland when some teenage girls were getting harassed. All 3 got knifed, 2 died.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...tack_cont.html
The brother of the warehouse manager here was killed a few years ago by trying to break up a fight at some shit hole bar. A guy hits his buddy, the guy who stepped in to break it up took a box cutter to the neck. He died before the EMT's arrived.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:18 PM   #42
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
what the fuck.

Put your phone down, and HELP.

Its sad that peoples first instinct is to grab their phone and record it, in hopes of becoming the next viral video sensation.

Now they have to find this dude, when someone could have just walked up and took him to the ground, used their phone to CALL THE COPS, and it would have been over.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:19 PM   #43
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
The brother of the warehouse manager here was killed a few years ago by trying to break up a fight at some shit hole bar. A guy hits his buddy, the guy who stepped in to break it up took a box cutter to the neck. He died before the EMT's arrived.
Yep, same situation with those dudes on the train. Little 3" knife. All 3 got slashed/stabbed in the neck.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:21 PM   #44
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
what the fuck.

Put your phone down, and HELP.

Its sad that peoples first instinct is to grab their phone and record it, in hopes of becoming the next viral video sensation.

Now they have to find this dude, when someone could have just walked up and took him to the ground, used their phone to CALL THE COPS, and it would have been over.
Well I guess the good thing is that so many people caught him on video it was easy to ID and apprehend him. But yeah, at least go check on the lady the second the guy gets off the train.

I wonder if the people filming were all a bunch of kids? Like 12, 13, 14 years old. I wouldn't expect them to get involved.
Appreciate 0