BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-07-2015, 07:45 AM   #45
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
What made things get so much worse over time? I've had just the opposite experience. She has become exponentially more fun as time progresses.
Interested in hearing this also...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #46
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

It was absolutely pure bliss and torture at the same time the first few months for me. Now that my daughter makes 9 months next week, she's much easier to handle. She sleeps through the night, feeds her self. Getting things done is easier since she is a little more self sufficient.

I want another one.
Appreciate 2
      04-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #47
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Forgive my ignorance, but would a kid without some kind of serious issue really starve itself to death? Nothing else in the animal kingdom needs to be force fed- they compete for a nipple. Perhaps just wait for it to get hungry? It seems like one of those inherent biological instincts that just takes care of itself, like breathing :
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 12:33 PM   #48
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but would a kid without some kind of serious issue really starve itself to death? Nothing else in the animal kingdom needs to be force fed- they compete for a nipple. Perhaps just wait for it to get hungry? It seems like one of those inherent biological instincts that just takes care of itself, like breathing :
You must have aced sensitivity training.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 12:35 PM   #49
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Have one and find out.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 12:37 PM   #50
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Newborns die in the wild all the time, quite often from starvation. We as evolved humans tend to try a lot harder to protect those who would normally die if left to the wilds. Think of all the medicine in your own family, how much life has been extended.

I would have died a slow, miserable, starving death from diabetes 36 years ago myself.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #51
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

^
UncleWede, it's a miracle you are here with us today.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 01:03 PM   #52
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede
Newborns die in the wild all the time, quite often from starvation. We as evolved humans tend to try a lot harder to protect those who would normally die if left to the wilds. Think of all the medicine in your own family, how much life has been extended.

I would have died a slow, miserable, starving death from diabetes 36 years ago myself.
...they starve because of lack of food, not because they choose not to eat

I guess what I'm getting at is eating and desire for food is a natural reflex. You eat when you finally get hungry unless there's some medical issue that is overriding this instinct. So, either he's not hungry when made to eat, or there's something else going on, right? If there's nothing wrong and he just hasn't made the connection between eating and satisfaction, if that's even possible, I'm sure he will once he's sufficiently hungry to make that connection
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 06:03 PM   #53
IN54NITY
Major nutz
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 n54 e92xi, 6mt, kw v3

Garage List
2009 335xi  [8.89]
^

...not going to starve, but if he's got acid reflux (OP's description fit it to the 'T'), it'll make life hell for the parents. No food in stomach, no acid refux, but kid won't eat much as she/he should eat. What's a stronger instinct, avoidance of extreme pain (burning chest/throat) or hunger?
      04-09-2015, 07:29 PM   #54
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
...they starve because of lack of food, not because they choose not to eat

I guess what I'm getting at is eating and desire for food is a natural reflex. You eat when you finally get hungry unless there's some medical issue that is overriding this instinct. So, either he's not hungry when made to eat, or there's something else going on, right? If there's nothing wrong and he just hasn't made the connection between eating and satisfaction, if that's even possible, I'm sure he will once he's sufficiently hungry to make that connection
Are you a parent?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 01:37 AM   #55
MrHerboto
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xit

My daughter who just recently turned two has gone through some phases; first it was a really bad time with colic and not long after that was over and things stabilized, it was chronic ear infections and several rounds of doctor's appointments and antibiotics. Now after trial and error, getting tubes put in her ears to help reduce the ear infection issues, and a lot of lost sleep, it's become a lot more fun. The biggest thing and I mean the biggest thing is focusing on your relationship with your wife. I didn't and I am reaping the consequences, I focused so much more on being the provider of means and not support that it really has taken a toll on my relationship with my wife. Enjoy it all though, I know for certain that one day when my daughter iis a moody teenager that I will yearn for the days of driving around at midnight trying to get her to sleep when I had to be up in four hours.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 05:01 AM   #56
panicos81
Colonel
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: a white bmw

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [8.54]
2007 e90  [0.00]
First five months have been great for us. He wakes up just one time at night for a few minutes, eats and goes back to sleep. We were lucky and didnt have problem with colic? Now that he is starting to comprehent staff and laughs its even better. Hope it stays that way, or gets better even!