BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

10-27-2023, 01:10 PM   #1
Rohail_47
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 525i 2004 RHD

Need help finding which coolant pipe/hose has come out on my N52 525i 04 RHD

As the title says I need help finding which coolant hose has come loose or out on my car. Was driving home when I was told coolant was low, then was told to shut engine off, managed to drive home afterwards and opened her up. She's leaking coolant from the right side of the engine block(when looking from the front of the vehicle) next to the oil filter housing. Also removed the bottom engine shield and there were no loose pipes or hoses near it so I don't have an idea of which one it is.Have attached a diagram for all coolant pipes(still don't know which one I apologize). Coolant is leakimg directly out so it's most likely an outlet pipe, so if someone knows which one or it's part number I would appreciate it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 01:53 PM   #2
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

Have you replaced any of the coolant hoses since you own this car ? If not since it is almost 20 years old and it’s a BMW I would advise you to replace all coolant hoses. You lost majority of the coolant and system will need to be bled anyway. What’s more all of those hoses are made of same material therefore if one gave out rest of them doesn’t have much life in them. Years ago I had top radiator hose broke when I was on highway ramp. Most of the coolant came out almost immediately. I almost went off road because of that.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 02:16 PM   #3
Rohail_47
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 525i 2004 RHD

Hi, Yes I have replaced a few hoses myself, and am planning to replace oil sump gasket aswell(need a mechanic shop for that). Otherwise a few other things but nothing major. However I still have no idea what pipe or hose fits into the side of the engine block. Will remove oil filter tomorrow to get a better look and a few pics.
Appreciate 0