BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-12-2022, 05:56 PM   #5567
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
The silliest call of the day so far. This is the nonsense people call law enforcement for.
Trying to understand the call, is one sister calling about the other? If so there really should be some penalty for such frivolous calls if there isn't something relevant already on the books.
Yep! One called about the other because they couldn't decide who would drive home after brunch and one sister wouldn't exit the vehicle (….as if I was supposed to "make her" exit the vehicle). Sheer stupidity!
Appreciate 1
Buug95917409.50
      03-12-2022, 06:13 PM   #5568
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

@Sedan_Clan - if you're ever in Santa Monica or Costa Mesa, I highly recommend you swing by Sidecar Donuts lol.

They're flippin' amazing. I just had a friend bring some over from the SM location.

You can see how the ladies eat unhealthy shit. She literally cuts off pieces to try different flavors 😂

Huckleberry or Strawberry are crack. Unfortunately I ate the berry ones before I remembered to take a pic lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      03-12-2022, 06:16 PM   #5569
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
@Sedan_Clan - if you're ever in Santa Monica or Costa Mesa, I highly recommend you swing by Sidecar Donuts lol.

They're flippin' amazing. I just had a friend bring some over from the SM location.

You can see how the ladies eat unhealthy shit. She literally cuts off pieces to try different flavors 😂

Huckleberry or Strawberry are crack. Unfortunately I ate the berry ones before I remembered to take a pic lol.
I'm in Santa Monica/Venice when I train and Costa Mesa when I'm chillin', so I may check them out. I'll ask for the shoei pastry special.

Appreciate 1
      03-12-2022, 06:34 PM   #5570
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'm in Santa Monica/Venice when I train and Costa Mesa when I'm chillin', so I may check them out. I'll ask for the shoei pastry special.

Do NOT blame me if you pack on the pounds. They will be the best donuts you ever had, I'm that confident lol.

I just inhaled 3 of them so I'm not happy with my lack of self control at this current moment
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25112.00
      03-12-2022, 06:36 PM   #5571
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do NOT blame me if you pack on the pounds. They will be the best donuts you ever had, I'm that confident lol.

I just inhaled 3 of them so I'm not happy with my lack of self control at this current moment
My uniform keeps the pounds in check. I have to look ready to go in the eyes of these gangsters who are always sizing me/us up.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 06:39 PM   #5572
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My uniform keeps me in check. I have to look ready to go to these gangsters who are always sizing me/us up.
It's okay. I know the vest can keep in a bit of the access. It will hide at least 7-10lbs of flubber like a man-corset.

That's a weeks worth of Sidecar donuts before anything too noticeable happens.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25112.00
      03-12-2022, 06:44 PM   #5573
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My uniform keeps me in check. I have to look ready to go to these gangsters who are always sizing me/us up.
It's okay. I know the vest can keep in a bit of the access. It will hide at least 7-10lbs of flubber like a man-corset.

Yeah, that would work if my uniforms were loose. They are all fitted, purposely (…partially for weight and partially to show my muscular build/stature; again, for the punk gangsters). I gain 2-3 lbs. and I feel it, so it lets me know it's time to dial it back.
Appreciate 1
shoei7779.00
      03-12-2022, 06:46 PM   #5574
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, that would work if my uniforms were loose. They are all fitted, purposely (…partially for weight and partially to show my muscular build/stature; again, for the punk gangsters). I gain 2-3lbs and I feel it, so it lets me know it's time to dial it back.
Oh come on. It's a lil bit for the ladies not just to look good for the gangbangers.

I'm about to just have the donuts delivered to your station on the regular to test your self control LOL
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25112.00
      03-12-2022, 06:50 PM   #5575
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, that would work if my uniforms were loose. They are all fitted, purposely (…partially for weight and partially to show my muscular build/stature; again, for the punk gangsters). I gain 2-3lbs and I feel it, so it lets me know it's time to dial it back.
Oh come on. It's a lil bit for the ladies not just to look good for the gangbangers.

I'm about to just have the donuts delivered to your station on the regular to test your self control LOL
The ladies and gents in tan and green would love you for it too. Lol!
Appreciate 1
shoei7779.00
      03-13-2022, 12:27 AM   #5576
shoei
Banned
Rep

https://youtube.com/shorts/xE-_AWPxch8?feature=share
Appreciate 1
Buug95917409.50
      03-13-2022, 12:01 PM   #5577
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Defund the police...

Name:  Budget cut..jpg
Views: 1486
Size:  358.3 KB
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25112.00
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
      03-13-2022, 12:06 PM   #5578
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Lol! It happens. Some of our units chime when the lights are on and some don't. If you're not paying attention to the switches, you can easily roll off with your rotators on. This won't happen with Code 3 lights though. That light stage is way too noticeable for someone not to know there are activated.
Appreciate 1
shoei7779.00
      03-20-2022, 12:34 PM   #5579
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbU1b...dium=copy_link
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 12:44 PM   #5580
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

But even with the original Longest Yard . . .
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 09:43 AM   #5581
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Another positive news story in our regional news, about a state trooper going three hours out of his way to help someone.....

https://midhudsonnews.com/2022/03/23...ind-by-family/

Quote:
Trooper aids elderly man left behind by family

March 23, 2022 5:23 am

WHITNEY POINT – A New York State Trooper is credited with helping reunite an elderly man who was left behind at a rest stop after his family drove away. The incident began on Monday at the Whitney Point rest area on I-81.

Trooper TJ Conklin was dispatched to check on the welfare of an elderly man at the Whitney Point Rest Area. Conklin responded and learned that the man’s family accidentally left him behind after he stepped out to stretch his legs. The gentleman had no wallet, no phone, and no way to reach his family.

Trooper Conklin used his internet skills to locate family members but none of the phone numbers were correct. Conklin finally got an answer from a family member in another state, who was able to make contact with the gentleman’s family members in the car.

The family had just realized that he wasn’t sleeping in the backseat where he had left his jacket over some baggage.

The man’s family had already traveled three hours away from Whitney Point. Trooper Conklin drove the gentleman to Roscoe in Sullivan County where they all had dinner at a local diner.
To put it into perspective, this is *well* beyond his patrol area:

Name:  roscoe.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  265.8 KB

cmyx6go15761.00
Sedan_Clan25112.00
      03-23-2022, 12:09 PM   #5582
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Another positive news story in our regional news, about a state trooper going three hours out of his way to help someone.....

https://midhudsonnews.com/2022/03/23...ind-by-family/

Quote:
Trooper aids elderly man left behind by family

March 23, 2022 5:23 am

WHITNEY POINT – A New York State Trooper is credited with helping reunite an elderly man who was left behind at a rest stop after his family drove away. The incident began on Monday at the Whitney Point rest area on I-81.

Trooper TJ Conklin was dispatched to check on the welfare of an elderly man at the Whitney Point Rest Area. Conklin responded and learned that the man's family accidentally left him behind after he stepped out to stretch his legs. The gentleman had no wallet, no phone, and no way to reach his family.

Trooper Conklin used his internet skills to locate family members but none of the phone numbers were correct. Conklin finally got an answer from a family member in another state, who was able to make contact with the gentleman's family members in the car.

The family had just realized that he wasn't sleeping in the backseat where he had left his jacket over some baggage.

The man's family had already traveled three hours away from Whitney Point. Trooper Conklin drove the gentleman to Roscoe in Sullivan County where they all had dinner at a local diner.
To put it into perspective, this is *well* beyond his patrol area:

Attachment 2841994

Ppffttt. Hour and 20 minute drive. That could be a 6 mile trip to the grocery store in LA.

But it's a very nice story.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2022, 12:23 PM   #5583
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Defund the police...

Attachment 2833787
PEW PEW!
Appreciate 1
Buug95917409.50
      03-23-2022, 06:43 PM   #5584
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

PewPew
Attached Images

03-24-2022, 09:21 AM   #5585
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
More police being disrespected and threatened, from today's regional news.....

Quote:
Troopers were able to stop the vehicle and identified the operator as Lymaris Valverde. While speaking with Valverde, troopers observed that she was impaired by alcohol. They also learned that the vehicle had switched plates and had no insurance. Valverde was taken into custody. While the vehicle was being towed from the scene, Valverde stated she hoped both troopers got killed, adding that she would come to the barracks and do it herself.

While being transported to the barracks, Valverde attempted to kick out the rear driver’s side door and window. Once at the barracks in Montgomery she was processed for DWI, registering a B.A.C of .16%. Troopers also found her to be in possession of 1.3 grams of heroin. While being processed she further stated that because of bail reform she would return and “blow the trooper’s brains out”.
      03-24-2022, 09:30 AM   #5586
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
More police being disrespected and threatened, from today's regional news.....
Man we have built a wonderful society. The American dream.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615278.50
Sedan_Clan25112.00
      03-24-2022, 09:35 AM   #5587
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Did you see the story about the guy who tried to carjack a patrol car and the DA doesn't want to press charges? I need to google, I forget where it was. I saw it on the news the other night. I think it was MO. This world is going completely batshit crazy.
      03-24-2022, 09:49 AM   #5588
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Did you see the story about the guy who tried to carjack a patrol car and the DA doesn't want to press charges? I need to google, I forget where it was. I saw it on the news the other night. I think it was MO. This world is going completely batshit crazy.
I was listening to a podcast yesterday and they talked about this new "cancel culture" and how we as a society are shifting to this acceptance, ignorance and basically coddling way of dealing with things is setting a precedence thats dangerous for uncontrollable growth of power for future generations. Essentially because of emotions, we are limiting the power of law, and removing the ability for our authorities to enforce law. I don't want to go too deep into the topic because it gets political, but it's scary when you think about it.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25112.00