BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-18-2019, 10:34 AM   #89
Papogator24
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 3.5i

I'm a CPA (got my license in 2016) working as an internal auditor for a county government. I've been at the same department for over 13 1/2 years and finally getting a second promotion but to another department. Until that promotion, the job was starting to suck as other divisions would wipe their ass with the audit reports and nothing was done about it. I hated working so hard for it to be worthless. The pay is not very good but the benefits make up for it.

I also have a cpa business but it has been tough to build a clientele since I am not full time. Since I got my license at 36 years old, it's very late in the game for that industry.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:54 AM   #90
Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)

Garage List
This is tough. I love and hate what I got going on at the moment...I own two businesses. One I run by myself and the other I have a partner in.

My main business I started almost 5 years ago as logistics broker. I do well enough for myself that I wouldn't consider really getting a "9-5" but it's not enough where my wife doesn't have to work. The workload is what I make it so it's not like it's too taxing to run by myself, I've got a good flow going the way I operate. My schedule is the best, I have the most felxibility out of anyone I know since I work from home which helps with the baby, personal appts etc. But the mental stress of it makes me want to just jump out of a moving car sometimes lol.

My other business with my partner is enjoyable, only a couple years old now and is growing rapidly.

Problem is, the way the business growth structure is setup, most of the profit gets put back into the company as equity so that's the major drawback. Doing a bunch of work for little monetary reward now doesn't make me jump up and down but hopefully it will payoff in the future.

Overall I guess I cant really complain but I'm not living my dream over here haha
      06-18-2019, 11:36 AM   #91
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I haven't had a performance review in about 4 years. I was topped out, so it didn't really matter. I've had 4 new bosses, 3 interims, during that time. The "permanent" quit after about 9 months.

Come to find out 2 YEARS AGO my pay scale slide up almost 10G. So now I've been waiting at least 3 weeks for my review. I've been told that I should get SOME retroactive pay, but I'm a bit pissed. I asked how employees are supposed to be notified that their pay scale changes, and all I got back was that the comprehensive study was done in 2017. WTF?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 03:10 PM   #92
Wolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: on hold

Hate my job. I work in an MEP contracting company with a lot of good folks. I am very good at what i do which got me stuck where i am in procurement, stores and logistics. Haven't gotten a raise since 3 years ago and my boss, who has the social experience of a brick wall, is trying to get me to relocate by giving me shitty tasks that are not in my job description. Asked for a raise and a little job security about 2 weeks ago but all i got is more shitty tasks.

I would like to thank our current recession for fucking me in the ass these 3 years. Quitting is not an option which makes the situation harder.

/rant
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 03:16 PM   #93
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Hate my job. I work in an MEP contracting company with a lot of good folks. I am very good at what i do which got me stuck where i am in procurement, stores and logistics. Haven't gotten a raise since 3 years ago and my boss, who has the social experience of a brick wall, is trying to get me to relocate by giving me shitty tasks that are not in my job description. Asked for a raise and a little job security about 2 weeks ago but all i got is more shitty tasks.

I would like to thank our current recession for fucking me in the ass these 3 years. Quitting is not an option which makes the situation harder.

/rant
Presumably you are not in the U.S.?
      06-18-2019, 03:19 PM   #94
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
I would like to thank our current recession for fucking me in the ass these 3 years.
We aren't in a recession. A recession is defined as two consecutive quarters of NEGATIVE growth (which is a stupid term).

Slowing growth != negative growth

We haven't had a quarter of "negative growth" in more than 5 years.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 03:25 PM   #95
Wolf
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Quote:

/rant
Presumably you are not in the U.S.?
Yes not in the USA
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #96
Wolf
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Quote:
I would like to thank our current recession for fucking me in the ass these 3 years.
We aren't in a recession. A recession is defined as two consecutive quarters of NEGATIVE growth (which is a stupid term).

Slowing growth != negative growth

We haven't had a quarter of "negative growth" in more than 5 years.
Why would you assume everyone on here lives in the same country you live in?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 07:51 AM   #97
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Why would you assume everyone on here lives in the same country you live in?
Because people who live in 'Murica don't care about other countries?

But seriously, I was just assuming you weren't in the Caribbean, Africa, or South America. Germany narrowly missed a recession last year, and may fall into one this year, but even Spain, Greece, and Portugal have been experiencing growth..........even if it's not super strong.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 11:01 AM   #98
smrtypants44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

They recently announced forcing us (Salaried workers) to a 32 hour workweek for 10 weeks (or more) due to the 737 MAX issues. Cutting my take home pay by 20% is going to be challenging.
      06-19-2019, 05:46 PM   #99
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtypants44 View Post
They recently announced forcing us (Salaried workers) to a 32 hour workweek for 10 weeks (or more) due to the 737 MAX issues. Cutting my take home pay by 20% is going to be challenging.
Mind blowing... considering this is all a Boeing fuck up... I honestly respected it as a great company at one point, even worked closely with people there... but in all in all their stock is fine as is their CEO, they don't give a shit.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 10:30 PM   #100
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Can't even get a cubicle around here!

Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1135.00
      06-21-2019, 04:31 PM   #101
damnitBobby
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

I work 40-45 hrs a week in retail outside of Houston. I don’t hate my job but there are days where the customers can be stressful. The company is pretty chill and I hardly ever see any corporate DM’s in person. I can’t complain about the pay at all I’m compensated pretty well.

Sometimes I wish I worked in Houston. But the downside of that would be increased volume of work and commuting in traffic. I also wouldn’t get paid as much because my job field is saturated there.

I don’t see myself doing this too much longer. Plan is to invest in real estate next year so I can cut back in hours on my current job.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 05:10 PM   #102
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Can't stand my current job but it pays relatively okay and doesn't take a ton of effort to stay on top of what I'm responsible for. Lots of my coworkers think our company is the best thing since sliced bread but many of them have never worked anywhere else (or have only ever worked for our competitors, which are indeed worse).

Considering a full-on career change soon. Was fun helping to exponentially grow my team and the company but some parts of the company still haven't figured out we're no longer a mom & pop shop.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 10:50 PM   #103
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Been with my company for 17 years
Heated more today than first day I started
      06-25-2019, 08:55 PM   #104
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Every day I'm realizing I really, really don't want to work here - not just because of the bad middle management and upper management but also because I had very different expectations of the industry... Maybe on another project with another team I'd have a better experience.

I love the vibe of the trailer, none of that HR bullshit goes on here and absolutely no one has filters so that's refreshing but I'm just not enjoying it as I thought I would
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 10:39 AM   #105
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Always enjoy reading these types of rants. In people's rants it is always fun to try and learn something whether it be how to deal with things personally or be a better manager.

I personally love my job. Fits my personality perfectly. The biggest downside is the mindset of many of the employees. Their differing mindset doesn't affect my personal work so it isn't something for me to cry over. They all believe there are many roads to Rome, however, some of them seem to believe mental slavery is still an option in paving said road.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 02:59 AM   #106
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Back to work today after a week off...
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13147.00
      07-26-2019, 10:57 PM   #107
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

This thread makes me very thankful for my job
Appreciate 1
eluded2938.00
      07-27-2019, 12:41 AM   #108
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

The grass is not always greener and if it is it's usually due to fertilizer or something else.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      07-27-2019, 12:54 AM   #109
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

The people make it or break it.

I'm a Resident and work with different people on a weekly basis. One attending Physician abuses their power and gets off by degrading everybody beneath their stature, while others are just normal people who understand you are there to learn and enjoy helping you.

It really puts into perspective how evil some people can be. And it's sad that they get away with it. Nobody wants to be that Resident who complains, even when warranted, so the evil individual's cancer permeates forever. Ultimately, when a Resident is intimidated to ask a question out of fear, patients can die.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 12:59 AM   #110
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
The people make it or break it.

I'm a Resident and work with different people on a weekly basis. One attending Physician abuses their power and gets off by degrading others, while others are just normal people who understand you are there to learn and enjoy helping you.

It really puts into perspective how evil some people can be. And it's sad that they get away with it. Nobody wants to be that Resident who complains, even when warranted. Ultimately, when a Resident is intimidated to ask a question out of fear, patients can die.
I’m in hospitals daily. It is mind blowing how much the docs act like their crap don’t stink. Guess you have to be a bit narcissistic to play God in this field.
Appreciate 0