BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-08-2022, 10:57 AM   #221
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3n_M View Post
Those companies are being pushed by CURRENT policy to be zero emissions by X date. Policies change, government officials change, mindset changes. I am not saying its not possible, but I just don't see it that quickly with the lack of infrastructure and back bone required to support this. We are advancing in storing power and being more "efficient" but not on providing or distributing that power for all.
But if going by just that, my argument is stronger than yours.

Everyone here is banking on them changing all the ideas and plans going by what you think is better or worse for the environment.

What type of major strategy that has been set in place automotive wise where car makers are already making change, have they ever backed out of?
      12-08-2022, 10:58 AM   #222
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
dont need to argue to prove a point about something that hasn't happened yet.

Read post above.

What I’m preaching holds a lot more water than anything else said lmaoooo
      12-08-2022, 11:45 AM   #223
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Autonomous driving.
Saying and doing is one thing.

Saying and then doing nothing, then backing out is another.

Also tesla. That’s coming. They will be the first, as they’re almost there. Sorry. Argument stomped again.

I hate to keep killing you guys like this but you’re asking for it lol
      12-08-2022, 12:23 PM   #224
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
What type of major strategy that has been set in place automotive wise where car makers are already making change, have they ever backed out of?
MPG goals and their deadlines. that target has moved many times. That is probably the most relevant answer, but there are certainly others.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      12-08-2022, 12:26 PM   #225
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:

I hate to keep killing you guys like this but you’re asking for it lol
Are you subject to drug testing at work?
Appreciate 5
kyriian883.50
________4158.50
G80indy1714.00
HBC123.50
      12-08-2022, 01:35 PM   #226
kyriian
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
Anyone remember the first internet story about the dude in Florida driving his Model S in AutoPilot while he was watching a DVD on his portable DVD player? The Model S locked up the brakes at 60 MPH when it realized it was 20 feet from a tractor trailer, which it's AI thought was a big overhead road sign. Took the driver's head clean off...
Some early decapitations is to be expected of the greatness that Tesla will achieve when they are first to level 5 certification, because all great technologies involve some early beta testers death, and its totally coming because technology is accelerating to unprecedented levels

/S

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 4
Cos270608.50
chad86tsi1605.00
________4158.50
Efthreeoh17206.50
      12-08-2022, 01:40 PM   #227
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Lol. Tesla has been "almost there" for 8 years now. Last time the Model 3 fetch me mode was demonstrated to me by a colleague who has a Model 3 and is our chief scientist/lead system engineer, it amusingly failed terribly. Also, Tesla's vision-based system is useless in the rain in combination with road construction. You are just kidding yourself.

Real autonomous driving has been classified as "Level 5". Anything lower than Level 5 is just advanced driver's aids. The auto industry will back out; lawyers will kill it as much as the tech is far too expensive to implement.

The auto industry's "out" will be the US DOT. Once the DOT really sits down to approve Level 5 autonomy, the hands will all go up and point at the Feds as to why Level 5 never came to be.

And before you come back with some stupid retort about winning the argument about the future, I worked directly with the FAA for the better part of 12 years trying to implement drone fights into the national airspace system. And we've yet to see any FAA certified commercial autonomous drone flights (like Amazon package delivery). Surface street Level 5 autonomous driving is an order of magnitude (10x) more complex to implement than drones flying in US surveilled airspace.

Technology has caught up which is why I said tesla will be a first to provide fully autonomous driving. Their FSD shits on everything anyone has ever done and they will be the first. When is the deadline to this implementation to the general public? No one knows right? Did I mention a date? Nope. So your argument is once again invalid and crushed. Crazy how people love to run circles around a topic to confuse those who are reading just so they can have a say in the discussion.

I said 2030 there will be a gigantic ev swing favoring ev. Anything else you wanna talk about means nothing because it’ll be wrong.

Anything else you guys have to say holds no water because there’s nothing to support it. Everything I am saying holds a lot of water because IT IS FUCKING HAPPENING NOW IN REAL TIME.

Holy fuck I’m smart as fuck.
      12-08-2022, 02:08 PM   #228
Rono63
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

If you love EVs so much why do you have a M3, C7Z and supposedly have a C8Z “supercar” on order?
Apparently you don’t love Teslas as much as you say or you wouldn’t have old tech ice cars.

Why don’t you sell them and buy more Teslas?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 02:32 PM   #229
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rono63 View Post
If you love EVs so much why do you have a M3, C7Z and supposedly have a C8Z “supercar” on order?
Apparently you don’t love Teslas as much as you say or you wouldn’t have old tech ice cars.

Why don’t you sell them and buy more Teslas?
I can’t love both?

The m3 is most likely gone after this lease. Maybe try the hybrid m5 with the v8 if that’s actually a real thing. C7z is gone soon for the c8 stingray and c8 z06.

My plaid should be here in spring/summer I hope.

Life is good.
      12-08-2022, 04:19 PM   #230
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Technology has caught up which is why I said tesla will be a first to provide fully autonomous driving. Their FSD shits on everything anyone has ever done and they will be the first. When is the deadline to this implementation to the general public? No one knows right? Did I mention a date? Nope. So your argument is once again invalid and crushed. Crazy how people love to run circles around a topic to confuse those who are reading just so they can have a say in the discussion.

I said 2030 there will be a gigantic ev swing favoring ev. Anything else you wanna talk about means nothing because it’ll be wrong.

Anything else you guys have to say holds no water because there’s nothing to support it. Everything I am saying holds a lot of water because IT IS FUCKING HAPPENING NOW IN REAL TIME.

Holy fuck I’m smart as fuck.
dude honestly I agree with a lot of the things you are saying, but you project a great deal of pretentiousness when saying things. Like do you honestly believe that momentum that is already heavily known is guaranteed for success in 10 years. Sure more and more people will shift to EV. ICE will be here long after you'll have a life to even argue on bimmerpost. The government ain't shutting shit down for our lives. they just say it now to pander to tree-huggers. What are you trying to prove, it makes no difference if people on here agree with your or not, or whats going to happen in ten years, unless it affects the liberty of people to decide. You wanna shove a tree up your ass in an electric be my guest. let me jerk off in my v12.

Sure there will be a shift, why are people always jamming things down other peoples throats lol. Like who ever wants to buy an electric will and who doesn't won't. I guess its a problem when the government regulates the free market to force EVs or lockdowns, like aren't people smart enough to decide...at any rate I'm too "liberal" for most.

Most of my dailies will be electrics, and my stable will be full of gas guzzling heavy displacement engines. r
Appreciate 4
Cos270608.50
x622953.00
jiggz2139.50
chad86tsi1605.00
      12-08-2022, 04:36 PM   #231
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
My problem with tesla after multiple journeys in them/test drives etc is they're cheap cars interior exterior everything. Good range yes because they're stripped out and lighter as a result. Poor road noise tyre noise suspension noise what not. I buy cars to keep for years and tesla don't even have an in house extended warranty. A lot of people made money on tesla stocks but stocks are down by over 45% from peak. Its mostly hype in my opinion with a hefty dose of lies.
Appreciate 3
chad86tsi1605.00
Efthreeoh17206.50
      12-08-2022, 07:27 PM   #232
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
My problem with tesla after multiple journeys in them/test drives etc is they're cheap cars interior exterior everything. Good range yes because they're stripped out and lighter as a result. Poor road noise tyre noise suspension noise what not. I buy cars to keep for years and tesla don't even have an in house extended warranty. A lot of people made money on tesla stocks but stocks are down by over 45% from peak. Its mostly hype in my opinion with a hefty dose of lies.
I wouldn't say they are all hype, they still own over 65% of EV market share. With EV market share vs ICE that will steadily climb over time. Most brands stock prices are down quite a bit from their Q1 highs.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 08:11 PM   #233
Housekeeping
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
Totally disagree, my 2022 Tesla Plaid is as quiet, maybe more so than my F10 M5, handle about the same and is far faster. I actually prefer it over all my cars. Interior quality since the refresh is really good.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 08:13 PM   #234
Housekeeping
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

See here fellas:
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 08:45 PM   #235
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Tesla's space daddy Elon did, so Efthreeoh would still be correct.

Quote:
You said it would be a gigantic swing, and EV's will be a majority on the road by 2030.

Quote:
Ev's have been happening since 1832, I'd hope they would finally not suck so bad, they have had 190 years to work on it.

https://www.energy.gov/timeline/time...%20Smithsonian.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17206.50
      12-09-2022, 04:56 AM   #236
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
I wouldn't say they are all hype, they still own over 65% of EV market share. With EV market share vs ICE that will steadily climb over time. Most brands stock prices are down quite a bit from their Q1 highs.
There is an explosion of other manufacturers with their offerings and superior dealer and service networks and build quality many of which are likely to encroach up in the market share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy1616 View Post
Totally disagree, my 2022 Tesla Plaid is as quiet, maybe more so than my F10 M5, handle about the same and is far faster. I actually prefer it over all my cars. Interior quality since the refresh is really good.
I'm pleased for you. I'd like to see how it stands up to the ravages of time as in years. My friends 2017 model s is a suspension rattle fest and the cheap felt and plastics etc arent worthy of a 60-70k plus car.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17206.50
      12-09-2022, 08:02 AM   #237
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Tesla's space daddy Elon did, so Efthreeoh would still be correct.

You said it would be a gigantic swing, and EV's will be a majority on the road by 2030.

Ev's have been happening since 1832, I'd hope they would finally not suck so bad, they have had 190 years to work on it.

https://www.energy.gov/timeline/time...%20Smithsonian.
Right and I ever said fully autonomous driving will be here in 2030.

You guys were implying the movement for ev could easily be backed out similar to car makers, of the past, trying to make a transition into fully autonomous driving.

I said that’s not true because Tesla is the closest right now and will be the first to fully implement that.

Sorry to keep crushing these arguments but I’m too good at this shit.
      12-09-2022, 08:06 AM   #238
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
dude honestly I agree with a lot of the things you are saying, but you project a great deal of pretentiousness when saying things. Like do you honestly believe that momentum that is already heavily known is guaranteed for success in 10 years. Sure more and more people will shift to EV. ICE will be here long after you'll have a life to even argue on bimmerpost. The government ain't shutting shit down for our lives. they just say it now to pander to tree-huggers. What are you trying to prove, it makes no difference if people on here agree with your or not, or whats going to happen in ten years, unless it affects the liberty of people to decide. You wanna shove a tree up your ass in an electric be my guest. let me jerk off in my v12.

Sure there will be a shift, why are people always jamming things down other peoples throats lol. Like who ever wants to buy an electric will and who doesn't won't. I guess its a problem when the government regulates the free market to force EVs or lockdowns, like aren't people smart enough to decide...at any rate I'm too "liberal" for most.

Most of my dailies will be electrics, and my stable will be full of gas guzzling heavy displacement engines. r
Again I never said 2030 ice cars will Magically disappear on the roads. The average age of a used car is about 12 years so if the ban is true at 2035, it’ll take 12 years to fully see a giant sweep of ice off the road. Of course it’ll still be around. Similar to 70s muscle cars of today. How often do you see them? That’s going to be ice post 2035.

2030 will have a gigantic difference for the world to see.
      12-09-2022, 09:16 AM   #239
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

Canada has approx. 26M road vehicles registered.
New vehicles registered approx 340k.
BEV sales last year were approx. 26k. (5.7% of new vehicles)

There's some heavy lifting to do by the automakers - not customers, in 8 years to meet CAFE standards and government regulations.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 10:51 AM   #240
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Right and I ever said fully autonomous driving will be here in 2030.
You asked a question :

Quote:
and it was answered: Tesla backed out of autonomous driving.

Ask a question - get an answer - and own it.

Quote:
I said that’s not true because Tesla is the closest right now and will be the first to fully implement that.
Good luck. Removing radar sensors pretty well fucked them selves of ever getting it right.

Others are pretty close, and due to using more comprehensive tech are still quite likely to catch and pass Tesla, then beat them to the finish line. It's probably still 10 years out.

I think what will impact that is the massive cost to get there only to have so many that don't really want it all that badly. It's not good business practice to design and build something that people won't buy at a take-rate that covers cost and provides a profit. I know of very few that actually want this, and even fewer that would want it enough to pay for the added cost. The “take rate” of FSD a few years ago was about 50% on new Teslas, and has since dropped to only 14%, and is only 7% world wide. It's a pipe dream that will likely get pulled back again.

Last edited by chad86tsi; 12-09-2022 at 05:57 PM..
Appreciate 3
Cos270608.50
Efthreeoh17206.50
      12-09-2022, 10:53 AM   #241
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Again I never said 2030 ice cars will Magically disappear on the roads.
You said ICE's will be a minority on the roads in 2030, but for that to ever be true you'll need to sell more EV's every year than has ever been sold in any year for any/all vehicle types, for 7 years in a row, have zero failures of any of those EV's, and also not sell a single ICE of any type in that time. It's mathematically impossible.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17206.50
      12-09-2022, 11:00 AM   #242
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Sigh.

https://insideevs.com/news/587531/el...iver-2023/amp/

https://mashable.com/article/tesla-robotaxi-musk-2024

It is fucking coming.