BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

09-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
Migelito
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535xi 2015

is it worth buying 2008 CPO 535xi with a long service list (injectors, HDP..) ??

Hey guys,

wanna buy 535xi 2008 CPO with 56k on it. another year of CPO is still there...

I requested the full service records and they provided it to me. What worries me is the frequency of injector and high pressure pump HDP failure...

first time they both failed at 16k miles.
then Injector had a permanent malfunction at 19k miles,
then fuel temperature sensor/pressure sensor malfunction at 23k miles,
then high pressure pump and injectors again at 30k miles,
then injector, common rail permanent malfunction at 51k,

this all happened over 3 years from 2009 to 2012

and then the guy got rid of the car at 53k...

during this time parking bulb failed twice... also some battery/cables faulires were detected too several times.

Is this car a real trouble maker and will continue to fail or there is nothing to worry about?

Any idea if such service record is a big problem for me??

the price of a car is very attractive... it is fully loaded for under $29k.
      09-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
bighead2267
Private
Rep
Drives: all Factory

i think you have answer in your mind already. i was in the same page to get all the history from dealership but mine have no repeat problem at least.
i know i'm having European but i still prefer a worry free veh if possible.

good luck hunting.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
Migelito
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535xi 2015

Actually, i am inclined to buy... bmw provides the extended warranty for HDP up to 10 years and 120k miles... so this probably should not be a problem...

I am just wondering if you guys know whether this recurring problem in the past can also be a recurring problem in future... can this be due to the previous owner or something? I really like the car it is just that I am new to this turbo engine and not sure what to expect...
      09-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Carsly
Rep
Drives: 2008 Honda Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migelito
Actually, i am inclined to buy... bmw provides the extended warranty for HDP up to 10 years and 120k miles... so this probably should not be a problem...

I am just wondering if you guys know whether this recurring problem in the past can also be a recurring problem in future... can this be due to the previous owner or something? I really like the car it is just that I am new to this turbo engine and not sure what to expect...
that's why I bought an 08 550i a year and a half ago. now available, looking to move into an X5. 43k miles, CPO thru 11/13,
HUD, navi, comfort access, logic 7, lane departure warning and all sorts of goodies. new tires and battery as well. have a set of snow tires and rims too. email me for more info if you're interested, in the same price range - $29.9K firm.
Appreciate 0