BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

07-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
delta-9-ginseng
OG Tray Deee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i & F36 435i

Hit a Rock on the Road

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know to be careful on mountain roads!

Was coming down from Lake Arrowhead, CA in my 08 535 when I hit a huge rock on the road

Stepped down to inspect what happen and noticed that the entire oil pan was ripped straight down the middle and oil was spilling everywhere.

Basically car was stuck on the road for 1 hour until AAA came to put it on a flatbed.

Worse part was they didn't know how to put the car in neutral, so we had to figure out how to put the dumb car in neutral so that we can pull it up on the flatbed. Finally, we figured out we need to pull the trim pieces around the gear lever and stick the screwdriver they have in the trunk into the gear slot to move the car into neutral.

We've find out what the damages are today as the car is at the dealer

A major pain in the @ss, but luckily no one was hurt and its something that can be repaired
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
Shane550X
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M550i xDrive, '13 VW CC,

Sorry for your loss
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
InfinitBMz
Rep
Drives: Black 5 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta-9-ginseng
Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know to be careful on mountain roads!

Was coming down from Lake Arrowhead, CA in my 08 535 when I hit a huge rock on the road

Stepped down to inspect what happen and noticed that the entire oil pan was ripped straight down the middle and oil was spilling everywhere.

Basically car was stuck on the road for 1 hour until AAA came to put it on a flatbed.

Worse part was they didn't know how to put the car in neutral, so we had to figure out how to put the dumb car in neutral so that we can pull it up on the flatbed. Finally, we figured out we need to pull the trim pieces around the gear lever and stick the screwdriver they have in the trunk into the gear slot to move the car into neutral.

We've find out what the damages are today as the car is at the dealer

A major pain in the @ss, but luckily no one was hurt and its something that can be repaired
Sux bro...hope it gets repaired quickly...
Appreciate 0