BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

01-08-2019, 08:11 AM   #1
Reve
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E61 520D 2010

Few questions about upgrading some stuff on my E61

Hello

This is my first post on this forum and hopefully I am in the right section, admin can delete this if not suitable for this forum.

I don't have the car at this moment, will get it back in a couple of weeks.

Also I would like to apoloize in advance for my bad English, this is not my mother tongue:

Upgrading my speakers to Logic 7

According to this site: https://musicarnw.com/bmw-factory-audio-explained/ I have the Hifi sound system, but in my opinion it's garbage or at least the ones I have. Turning up the volume to max and it's still quite low in my opinion and the bass sound horrible from mid to high volume.
Think maybe power to the speakers comes from the head unit, and I might not have an amp in the back to power my speakers.

Looking on sites, you can buy complet Logic 7 setup with wire, amp, all speakers for some bucks. I know I have wire some cables together and lay down some new wires and coding. So how much work am I looking at if I buy this package? Can I code my CCC to "recognize" I have Logic 7 installed and I can enable Logic 7 surround in iDrive? I have S606A installed.

Upgrading my multimedia to android

Looking on eBay and other different sites you can upgrade my CCC to android with a simple plug-and-play. Does someone actually have this installed and if is it worth it? Is it really plug-and-play?

Upgrading instrument cluster

I want to spice up my instrument cluster and is it possible to fit a F11 instrument cluster to me E61? If so, do I need to buy an adapter or some sort to make it fit? I know you have to do some coding and you can probably pay someone to do it for you, or if there is a guide online on how to do it I can probably do it myself.

Thanks for reading the post.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 10:13 AM   #2
JayArras
Casual Fanatic
Rep
Drives: '07 530xi

Welcome to the forum! My opinion is that even if you were able to accomplish the changes you mention, you probably would find something else you're not happy with and want to change that too. Changing out the electronics on our cars is no easy feat because of their deep integration with the onboard computer. I suggest maybe upgrading to an F11 that already has the features you want.

With regard to the android in-dash replacement, I have read mixed reviews on other forums because most companies selling those are Chinese and well, you know how that goes.
      01-08-2019, 02:05 PM   #3
Reve
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
Welcome to the forum! My opinion is that even if you were able to accomplish the changes you mention, you probably would find something else you're not happy with and want to change that too. Changing out the electronics on our cars is no easy feat because of their deep integration with the onboard computer. I suggest maybe upgrading to an F11 that already has the features you want.

With regard to the android in-dash replacement, I have read mixed reviews on other forums because most companies selling those are Chinese and well, you know how that goes.
Thank for the reply.

I don't really want to sell the car, I inherited the car from my dad so it has sentimental value to me. Also I'm a student with only a part time job so I don't really have that much money on me to buy an F11
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #4
JayArras
Casual Fanatic
Rep
Drives: '07 530xi

It sounds then, like you're not really in a position to spend the $$ on the upgrades anyway. These cars come with a high maintenance cost, so I'd just save the money and use it to keep the car well-maintained.
      01-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #5
Reve
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
It sounds then, like you're not really in a position to spend the $$ on the upgrades anyway. These cars come with a high maintenance cost, so I'd just save the money and use it to keep the car well-maintained.
Maintenance on the car is not an issue, I've been doing everything from replacing parts and doing service on this car for a couple of years since my dad bought the car. I used to work at a car shop, but now doing some futher education.

This project will cost me around 1k euro for every part, Logic 7 from a friend cheap and rest from eBay.
Appreciate 0