BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-13-2008, 07:16 PM   #45
vq352k
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi, e92 335I (Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double White View Post
I highly regret watching that
1+ that's just horrible, and I was there i couldn't just turn out and walk away. I'm not sure what i would do, but it wouldn't be anything good
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 07:26 PM   #46
Coder335i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 - MB 335i Coupe

seek some help idiotboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
well this happens in our own backyards.

imo i turn the blind eye and just move on... cause i know animal rights isnt exactly of high concern to the majority of the population. its one of those "oh thats sad" kinda things and then you forget about it the next day.
      05-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #47
Spacegray335i
BimmerPost Supporting Buyer
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Me Nuts

we should skin these mofos the same way as they skin these poor animals...
      05-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #48
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

That's so sad.

But you don't expect me to pay the high prices for US farm-raised fur, do you?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:18 PM   #49
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
When you smash a bug, it dies instantly.

In this video, animals were beaten to the point that they could not retaliate, but they could still feel pain and move around.

Imagine what it would feel like if someone tore your skin off and pulled it over your head while you were still alive.
well sometimes i dont smash it all together... i just watch it slowly stop moving.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:19 PM   #50
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder335i View Post
seek some help idiotboy
im just saying the truth. i think alot of people know about animal cruelty... and sure its shocking but the truth is... not alot of people care enough to do something about it.

idiotboy? if you think its so sickening, why not do something about it? or are you an idiot yourself for thinking one thing but not being determined enough to do something about it? or maybe its not worth it to you? who knows...

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #51
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
have you ever own a pet before?
yes i've had a pet before. i had it since i was like 4ish. a rabbit... first few years i took care of it well... as it aged and i aged, i lost interest. it lived until i was like 13 or 14... pretty damn long for a rabbit. before it died... well i knew it was gonna die a few months before it really did...

i fed it twice a day, washed it every week, and took care of it as much as i could knowing that i neglected it in the past and was trying to make up for something that i knew i couldnt make up for... then one day it passed away and my family cremated him.

dont try to make me seem like the bad guy... im just saying what i see. i vividly remember taking a class last year and one of my papers was about PETA and animal cruelty. the majority of the class was shocked when we watched an hour documentary. we were all moved and we all agreed that animal cruelty was wrong--hell we even had a debate on whether it was okay or not. i remember there werent many reasons to argue that animal cruelty was right... but then again ill guarantee you everybody in that 30 person class hasnt thought about animal cruelty since that class.

what im trying to get to you is that in a month or two will you remember this thread? will you actually stand up and do something about it? or just be another bystander who sees this, says "wow that sucks" and moves on? alot of the people replying to me are trying to portray me as inhumane... when in reality im just speaking the truth.

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:28 PM   #52
eazydoezit
Front Line Infantry
Mexico
Rep
Drives: e92 TT AW

Damn these people be makin that QUICK money!

All jokes aside, this was hard to watch, sad.....
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:32 PM   #53
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
So would you walk up and cut a dog's throat just as easily as you would swat a fly?
well me? i dont think i could kill anything besides bugs and fish. but what im trying to say is i dont really see a solid line between whats acceptable and not. i know that we need to go through a crapload of paperwork to do studies on the affects of drugs, etc in higher animals but if it can be done on a fly then theres no need for paperwork. i remember reading a paper on how they pulled off the wings of a fly to see if its reflexes would still function, or when they blinded the flys using wax to see how they flew without visual perception... is that not animal cruelty? i would think by definition... it should be... but why isnt anybody protecting the fly or is the fly not worthy in comparison to a dog?

i actually like these threads because it makes us all think about what we truely believe in and what we're willing to fight for. i mean as long as we're not attacking each other and instead explaining ourselves or posing hypothetical situations... its rather entertaining & intellectual.

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:32 PM   #54
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

I could only last the first 30 seconds or so. I tend to get heated up by these things but then I tend to realize that if the people who had this job were sane, they wouldn't have this job. Killing animals on a daily basis for food/fur as a job must wreak mental havoc that none of us with normal jobs and lives can understand. It's just a part of the business. Someone's got to do it for us to eat and for people to sell fur, its just unfortunate that the only people willing to take these jobs are sickos or become sickos soon after. Of course none of us would ever do that to an animal, none of us would ever work in one of these places either..
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:35 PM   #55
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
I could only last the first 30 seconds or so. I tend to get heated up by these things but then I tend to realize that if the people who had this job were sane, they wouldn't have this job. Killing animals on a daily basis for food/fur as a job must wreak mental havoc that none of us with normal jobs and lives can understand. It's just a part of the business. Someone's got to do it for us to eat and for people to sell fur, its just unfortunate that the only people willing to take these jobs are sickos or become sickos soon after. Of course none of us would ever do that to an animal, none of us would ever work in one of these places either..
desensitization psych word!

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:58 PM   #56
flukey
Go big or go home!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/...is_humane.html

"I don't see what all the fur fuss is about. If it's okay to eat animals, hunt animals, keep animals as pets, and wear the hides of animals in the form of leather jackets and leather shoes, why is not okay to wear animals' fur too? What really lies under the skin of today's anti-fur hysteria is a discomfort with man's domination of nature and beast."

"Civilisation is built upon the idea that we are morally superior to animals, and it was only through the subjugation of animals that civilisation could emerge and flourish. Only by taming beasts or removing them from large parts of land could we build towns and cities; only by housing chickens and livestock in factory-like spaces can we guarantee feeding millions of humans."

"And yes, even fur is humane. To turn an animal into a fur coat is to ennoble it. As a fashion item, an animal acquires significance far beyond its own natural existence."

"What is a mink but a wild beast scrabbling for food along riversides, destined to die and rot in the shade of a tree?"

- Brendan O'Neill

PS. I would simply shrug and look the other way if and only if they were raised and killed humanely (if its even possible to say "killed humanely" lol)
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 12:19 AM   #57
renegade
Private
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Goddamn that was rough...

personally, I don't wear fur but as long as the demand is there for the product these inhumane acts will continue...shit you got people walking around wearing conflict diamonds at the expense of humans and people still turn a blind eye. I just hope more people wake up
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 01:29 AM   #58
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep
Drives: E90 to A5

Absolute motherfuckers in that video... Money now a days runs everything. Poor animals were still alive when they skinned them... So painful to watch.
Trust me, shit happens like no other in China. People kill people to get their organs and sell them. Why can't people kill properly, like the Japanese. Beheaded REAL FAST NO PAIN.
You should have seen some shit people did for diamonds, mother assholes.
I hate fur, and I will never wear it.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 03:27 AM   #59
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
I've seen this before and spread the images/video as far as I could on social networking sites - awareness is the first step to getting this practise stopped.
      05-14-2008, 03:44 AM   #60
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3aHOLIC84 View Post
i dont know how i just watched that whole video. you gotta have no heart to do such things man.
you gotta have no heart to watch the whole video...

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #61
myfirstbimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

ahhhh, i feel sicken to watch the whole thing.....so heart breaking...so i fast forward it.... Those fcukers, how can they do that, even i am chinese, they they are fcuked. Arghhhhh, i am pissed, ruined my day already....

35% Formula 1 Ceramic Tints, //M E-Brake handle, //M Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #62
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

This video isn't about fur vs. no fur, it's about animal cruelty.

If you're against fur for the animals' sakes, then you should be a vegetarian too. And not wear leather.

I think if you eat meat, you should have no problem with fur (as long as the animal was killed humanely).
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #63
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Quote:
when we fry whole shrimp we fry them alive... lol i dont see the difference but i still eat it...
I don't think you're understanding it.

So I'll type slow so you can read it slow...

What happens in that video is unnecessary. Im not against fur, but why cant they simply kill the animal first? Does skinning it have any benefit other than the 1 minute of so it would take to break it's neck? Not to mention just leaving it to die on it's own. You know how long it probably takes for that poor animal to die? Probably hours.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #64
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
I don't think you're understanding it.

So I'll type slow so you can read it slow...

What happens in that video is unnecessary. Im not against fur, but why cant they simply kill the animal first? Does skinning it have any benefit other than the 1 minute of so it would take to break it's neck? Not to mention just leaving it to die on it's own. You know how long it probably takes for that poor animal to die? Probably hours.
i'll type this slow so you can read it slow.

i'm talking about animal cruelty.

i dont get why people like you try to take things so personally without a wider perspective. my point is that in reality, after watching these short clips and being moved, you will do absolutely nothing tomorrow, the following day, and the following week. you have been made more aware yet you remain the same... so tell me... and i'll type this slow so you can read it... does this really change anything?

and animal cruelty is a pretty broad subject...

and once again i realize that alot of the people who reply to my posts are directing their words on a more personal level than an objective level... its sad really cause those who replied to me with such hostility are those who type with more emotion than perspective.

this film doesnt change shit in life because you dont even give a damn about the animals enough to do anything. all you do is say "ahh what a shame" and move on... as i said in the first post. am i writing this enough times for you to read?

what i despise the most is when people are conscious about a problem in society and do nothing about it... if your made aware and dont care then it doesnt matter... but your making it seem like this issue matters yet you dont do shit. write a letter to an official or something and make an effort and then tell me that i was wrong... that yes you did do something about it.

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:21 PM   #65
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Quote:
i'll type this slow so you can read it slow.

i'm talking about animal cruelty.

i dont get why people like you try to take things so personally without a wider perspective. my point is that in reality, after watching these short clips and being moved, you will do absolutely nothing tomorrow, the following day, and the following week. you have been made more aware yet you remain the same... so tell me... and i'll type this slow so you can read it... does this really change anything?

and animal cruelty is a pretty broad subject...

and once again i realize that alot of the people who reply to my posts are directing their words on a more personal level than an objective level... its sad really cause those who replied to me with such hostility are those who type with more emotion than perspective.

this film doesnt change shit in life because you dont even give a damn about the animals enough to do anything. all you do is say "ahh what a shame" and move on... as i said in the first post. am i writing this enough times for you to read?

what i despise the most is when people are conscious about a problem in society and do nothing about it... if your made aware and dont care then it doesnt matter... but your making it seem like this issue matters yet you dont do shit. write a letter to an official or something and make an effort and then tell me that i was wrong... that yes you did do something about it.
Do you know me? You presume you know so much about me.

You can make all the personnel accusations if you must, still doesnt change a thing. That shit is wrong. And trust me, I'm doing everything I can to help stop this.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #66
Kitz
Major
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: ex BMW

interesting debates..