BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

06-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #23
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Should've told him it was a fake. That's what I'd do if I was into >$100 watches and people tried to judge my wealth based on the watch I wear. You never ever want people to know that you're wealthy. Nothing good ever comes from it.
At some point it's unavoidable that folks will presume one to be in a certain wealth position, but I agree, there's nothing of value that comes from outwardly advertising that fact (via clothing, jewelry, etc.) when one isn't forced to do so, such as when relative strangers come to visit one at one's home. (That is assuming one lives in a certain kind of home where the only possible conclusion visitors/passersby can draw is that one is loaded.)

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 12:56 AM   #24
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something else

I was never a watch guy but I am sort of catching the bug. I really do not like Rolex too much at all, and I'm sort of glad I don't. Whenever people get to the point where they can shop for a watch north of 5 grand that's the obvious choice that people flock to. Half would probably buy one just because of the name, even if they saw an AP, Jaeger or whatever that was 10 times nicer in design. Rolex will 9 times out of 10 hold its value well, that's something it has going for it.

Some might say if you are going to spend the money, it would be nice if the average person would recognize it on you. I get that, but I personally would never sport a brand just because of the label. (I'll defend my choice of a BMW if anybody really wants to hear it haha) When it comes to watches, to hell with what people recognize. I am going to pick up my first one soon, and probably 2nd soon thereafter. Out of the 3 most likely brands I'm considering; IWC, Jaeger, and Longines, Longines is the only one that a decent percentage of people might recognize. I give not a shit, I actually like the idea of knowing I have something of value that goes under the radar to the layman's eye. If you choose a beautiful design, people will notice. If they wanna ask, you get to drop the knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #25
Palomequet
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
IMO

Market appreciation is the clue here, in China for example you have to have an Omega watch, in the States (biggest Rolex market) is a must to have Rolex. Once in a Florida's hotel pool I had seen as many Rolex watches as ever seen in my life (wearing a watch in a pool means "it's not fake") it was very interesting to realize the deep marketing tool Rolex has in America. A good watch (do your call) and a good pair of loafers make perfect match with any BMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #26
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Perhaps the most important thing to consider -- aside from just liking the looks of watch -- is the ease of owning it. Rolex, PP, VC, AP and JLC have many if not all the other fancy brands beat on that front. By and large, so long as we are talking uncomplicated watches, any watchmaker can service and repair them.

Servicing a watch in many ways is like getting service/maintenance work done on a car. Mostly, they change the lubricants inside the thing and clean it. Also they check for wear and adjust the timing if needed. There's nothing conceptually difficult about doing those things, but some makers use parts that require proprietary tools to do those sorts of things. ALS and FPJ are two such makers.

Omega used to be among the group of "easy to own" watches and to some extent, if one avoids the co-axial escapement movements, they still are. The co-axial escapement is a wonderful thing for the point of it is to reduce wear and thus extend the time one should go between servicing. It's the reason Omega offer a four year warranty on co-axial escapement watches.

JLC, PP (mostly), Rolex and a few others are easy to service because the parts and tools a watchmaker may need are readily available. Rolex on the other hand uses parts and designs that haven't changed in years and years. Those two attribues translate directly into money in the watch owner's pocket, for just as with cars, the maker will charge a hell of a lot more for service/repairs than will your local watchmaker. AP is perhaps the most notoriously expensive on their servicing: most folks I know get bill from AP around $1500 for servicing, nearly double the cost of most of the rest. Fortunately, AP don't use arcane parts and your local watch guy can do the work in most cases.

The ease of ownership thing is the major plus ETA movements has going for them. They are so ubiquitous that, like Rolex, any watchmaker will have no trouble servicing them. The current concern with ETA movements, however, is that ETA/Swatch are making individual parts harder to come by. The upside to the ETA movements is that they are such durable work horses that one can often go well beyond the recommended service windows before they actually need to be serviced.

One last thing, regarding recommended servicing frequency: use good judgement. If nothing's wrong with the watch, and it's worn (or at least operated) at least once a month, there's not much need to have it serviced. If you see it gaining/losing time more than the allowed amount, have it serviced. Obviously, if it won't work, you need to have it serviced.

All the best.

Note: the above is written with the needs and concerns of a non-collector in mind. Clearly, collectors don't need me to tell them this sort of thing and their concerns and values about what's important and what's not will differ from those of a typical watch owner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 03:21 PM   #27
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
For me it is a simple decision, I don't want to hassle with batteries. I own both a Rolex and an Omega that are self winding. Most people don't recognize either one of them. I bought them for myself any way not to impress others.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 03:40 PM   #28
RIDERDIE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 f30 n20

My dad at age 65 can pull off a Rolex. Me at 29 they just aren't for me, yes some are gorgeous but just an older man's game. I would pick Omega or a Tag. I went with a Tag Carrera. Just a very classy timeless look which doesn't jump off of your wrist at people like a Rolex. With that said I don't wear a nice watch for other people, I wear it for my self and don't care to advertise it unless asked about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #29
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335icoupe View Post
Ok thanks guys! Do you normally notice people with these watches. I think if I am in a dress shirt with cuffs covering the watch no one should notice.
Once you own a nice watch, you'll notice others with nice watches also. Same thing with pregnant women: they'll notice other pregnant women also. You save and finally purchase a 911? You'll notice other 911s also. It's a natural phenomenon.

Personally, I judge someone by their shoes. You can tell a lot about a man based on his shoes.
+1 on the shoes. Works for men and women in fact.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #30
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Bold 1 Perhaps the most important thing to consider -- aside from just liking the looks of watch -- is the ease of owning it. Rolex, PP, VC, AP and JLC have many if not all the other fancy brands beat on that front. By and large, so long as we are talking uncomplicated watches, any watchmaker can service and repair them.

Servicing a watch in many ways is like getting service/maintenance work done on a car. Mostly, they change the lubricants inside the thing and clean it. Also they check for wear and adjust the timing if needed. There's nothing conceptually difficult about doing those things, but some makers use parts that require proprietary tools to do those sorts of things. ALS and FPJ are two such makers.

Bold 2 Omega used to be among the group of "easy to own" watches and to some extent, if one avoids the co-axial escapement movements, they still are.

The co-axial escapement is a wonderful thing for the point of it is to reduce wear and thus extend the time one should go between servicing. It's the reason Omega offer a four year warranty on co-axial escapement watches.

Bold 3JLC, PP (mostly), Rolex and a few others are easy to service because the parts and tools a watchmaker may need are readily available. Rolex on the other hand uses parts and designs that haven't changed in years and years. Those two attribues translate directly into money in the watch owner's pocket, for just as with cars, the maker will charge a hell of a lot more for service/repairs than will your local watchmaker. AP is perhaps the most notoriously expensive on their servicing: most folks I know get bill from AP around $1500 for servicing, nearly double the cost of most of the rest. Fortunately, AP don't use arcane parts and your local watch guy can do the work in most cases.

Bold 4 The ease of ownership thing is the major plus ETA movements has going for them. They are so ubiquitous that, like Rolex, any watchmaker will have no trouble servicing them. The current concern with ETA movements, however, is that ETA/Swatch are making individual parts harder to come by. The upside to the ETA movements is that they are such durable work horses that one can often go well beyond the recommended service windows before they actually need to be serviced.

One last thing, regarding recommended servicing frequency: use good judgement. If nothing's wrong with the watch, and it's worn (or at least operated) at least once a month, there's not much need to have it serviced. If you see it gaining/losing time more than the allowed amount, have it serviced. Obviously, if it won't work, you need to have it serviced.

All the best.

Note: the above is written with the needs and concerns of a non-collector in mind. Clearly, collectors don't need me to tell them this sort of thing and their concerns and values about what's important and what's not will differ from those of a typical watch owner.

First, my father has been a watchmaker for >45 years.

Bold 1: Ease of ownership; The brands you mention are non ETA. Difficult to service/get parts (normal watchmaker) opening the case: special tools requiered, adjustment Rolex movements:Microstella tool.

Bold 2: Omega. Co Axial is way more service prone than Omega mentions in its adverts. That's why PP Rolex etc disn't want to use it. It's a marketing trick, and runs more slow beat(25400 something compared to 28800BPM)
because of reducing wear. Doh...

Bold 3: See bold 1. Special tools.

Bold 4: None of Rolex, JLC, VC, AP, PP use ETA. And you stated those brands have ease of ownership(bold 1)So I don't get it.(?)

I owned a few AP(RO, ROO, Milenary) and they are just as expensive as PP. JLC is less expensive as is Rolex(service)
IWC uses ETA in many of it's basemovements. ETA is alright, but it feels just like a 4 cylinder engine instead of a 6/8/10/12 cylinder engine to me.

FWIW

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #31
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
First, my father has been a watchmaker for >45 years.

Bold 1: Ease of ownership; The brands you mention are non ETA. Difficult to service/get parts (normal watchmaker) opening the case: special tools requiered, adjustment Rolex movements:Microstella tool.

Bold 2: Omega. Co Axial is way more service prone than Omega mentions in its adverts. That's why PP Rolex etc disn't want to use it. It's a marketing trick, and runs more slow beat(25400 something compared to 28800BPM) because of reducing wear. Doh...

Bold 3: See bold 1. Special tools.

Bold 4: None of Rolex, JLC, VC, AP, PP use ETA. And you stated those brands have ease of ownership(bold 1)So I don't get it.(?)

I owned a few AP(RO, ROO, Milenary) and they are just as expensive as PP. JLC is less expensive as is Rolex(service)
IWC uses ETA in many of it's basemovements. ETA is alright, but it feels just like a 4 cylinder engine instead of a 6/8/10/12 cylinder engine to me.

FWIW

Cheers
Robin
I don't understand some of what you wrote above. I marked what I don't understand in red. I understand the words, but I'm not entirely clear on the point of them vis a vis Rolex's ease of ownership versus Omega's.

Blue:
I think we are saying the same thing. The early 2500 series co-axials were indeed problematic. The more recent versions seem to have resolved the problems of the early co-axials. Indeed, I believe Omega resolved the issue with the "D" series of the 2500s; however, I'm not going to suggest to a typical buyer that they make a distinction between the versions of the 2500 group of co-axial escapement movements as one will generally only find them at GMSes and most of the folks one will get on the phone at a GMS won't know what version is in the watch anyway.

Of course the main issue with servicing most watch movements is one of cleaning out the old oil and putting in new oil. The general idea behind the co-axial movement is that it reduces friction so as not to need lubrication. The early co-axial movements, however, still needed lubrication. AFAIK, that was the issue with many of the early 2500 family of movements: insufficient lubrication.

For a good discussion on the matter, see this: http://www.tp178.com/wsw/ap_ne/ap_new_escapement.htm

Green:
I can't comment on the reason for the corporate decisions those watch companies have made.

Orange:
Yes, it does beat more slowly. I'm not sure why that should be a concern for a typical watch consumer. I understand the general relationship between beat rate and accuracy, but I believe all of Omega's co-axials are chronometers, so how much more accurate does a typical consumer need a mechanical watch to be? In the context of Omega and Rolex, they are equal on that point, or at least a typical consumer should think of them that way.

Brown:
Until relatively recently (in Swiss watch industry terms), all those makers used traditional lever escapements. Most any watchmaker is able to work on that type of movement and simply cleaning and lubricating them is well within the scope of what one can expect a typical watchmaker to be able to accomplish. Contrast that with comparable brands' products, say, for example ALS's Saxonia or FPJ's Bleu, which have to be sent to the factory. In that regard, Rolex is easier to service/own.

ETA:
Yes, ETA movements are easier to own than just about any contemporary in-house watch movement, but the question asked wasn't about Omega/Rolex versus ETA. I mentioned ETA to provide a point of reference since it's very true that any ETA movement is going to be, in general, easier to own than a Rolex or Omega, if only because it's cheaper to own over the long haul, although there's more to it than just that.

IWC and ETA:
I wasn't clear and should have stated "IWC's in-house models such as the Portuguese."

AP Costs:
I'm assuming you are referring to maintenance costs. When I contacted AP asking about service for mine, they quoted me some $1300 for it. My local guy charged less than half that. That makes AP's watches, in my experience the most expensive to own.

In contrast, PP advertise on their site about $800 for a basic servicing of current models (http://www.patek.com/contents/default/en/costs.html). That said, they still charge more than one needs to pay for that sort of thing. (God forbid one have a quartz PP and send it to them for battery replacement. $130! Really? I sure wouldn't send a quartz watch to them for a battery replacement.)

Other:
The "world of watches" has in the past 10-15 years become muddled with the "in-house" issue. I personally feel the "in-house" thing is a crock of crap. For years and years, many of the best watches in the world weren't manufacture. Now Omega, Rolex, PP and all the rest of the major brands are making a big deal over the fact that they make their own stuff.

I don't know who started that malarkey, but it's somewhat hypocritical of damn near all the major manufacture brands to get on that train insofar as for years, the vast majority of them produced products that were absolutely not manufacture.

I mention this only because these days, Omega's are considered to be in-house watches, and so they are compared with other in-house brands. That's unfortunate, because the in-house model for creating uncomplicated watches is considerably less efficient than is the model that sources movements/ebauches from external suppliers who have the economy of scale in making them.

The result is that makers have to charge more for their products. In turn, most consumers end up judging the "quality" of the product based on the price of the things. It's quite like things are in the car industry. Honda and Toyota aren't thought of as being as high quality as BMW or MB. People point to things like the fit and finish of the vehicle, but the reality is that all the fit and finish in the world won't make the motor and tranny last longer or work better or be easier to own. After all, what is more desireable? A car with a few gaps between surfaces inside the cabin and a drive train that's going strong and will for years to come and cheap to keep, or a car with superb finishing inside and a motor that's expensive to maintain and finicky about needing attention. Sure, the difference is that of a precision machine versus a work horse, but that's what it is with watches too.

You pointed out that Omega's co-axial movement is a marketing thing. In some ways, yes, it is, but one thing that Omega/Daniels did with that movement is inspire the move away from the traditional lever escapement and toward lubrication-free movement designs. Considering the glacial pace at which the Swiss watch industry moves, and that industry's great reluctance to change, that's the significance of the co-axial escapement, IMO.

Buying Choices:
Were I choosing between an uncomplicated Omega co-axial and a Rolex of some sort, I'd probably choose the Rolex if styling concerns don't play into it. Indeed, two of my favorite watches are the Air King and Perpetual 36.

The thing that puts a lot of folks off from those two Rolexes is the size. People who have just begun to be "into" watches in the past decade or so seem to take issue with watches smaller than 38mm, some don't even care for 40mm. I don't have any issue with the size; I'm not among the folks who are swayed one way or the other by the current fascination with larger watches. My PP, for example, is a 33mm watch and it looks just fine on my wrist. My Air King is 34mm and it looks fine too. (I have 7" circumference wrists.)

Like the "in-house" thing, the whole size thing is just a marketing theme created to get folks who owned smaller, older, fine watches to buy new ones. If nothing else, the Swiss watch industry is very good at marketing.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 11:46 AM   #32
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
For me it is a simple decision, I don't want to hassle with batteries. I own both a Rolex and an Omega that are self winding. Most people don't recognize either one of them. I bought them for myself any way not to impress others.
Hassle with batteries? I guarantee you it's less "hassle" to change a battery than it is to service a mechanical watch. It's cheaper too.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #33
Np2014
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Bsm/Sb

I am a huge watch fanatic and love all brands. I have an Omega planet Ocean caliber 2500 and an Omega constellation gold half bar quartz. Both Omegas are very reliable watches my Planet Ocean is never more than 5 seconds off if not less and is my daily go to watch. I have two AP's my ROC has been flawless but i had my Diver sent into AP in Fl because it was running over 2 minutes fast but the issues was resolved by AP. My Rolex Deepsea and my Date Just have been great watches with no issues at all. I personally think its hit or miss on quality issues all of my watches were bought brand new from authorized dealers. My next watch will be PP aquanaut or Nautilus down the road.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 03:26 PM   #34
Np2014
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Bsm/Sb

Here is my Omega PO 2500
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #35
AlpineV8
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 DCT

Nothing wrong with either brand IMO. I've always been a fan of Rolex and always wanted a stainless Sub/date. It's a classic watch with clean lines. Just like my M3

I could care less what people think about me or my watch. I love it and wear it daily unless I'm doing something in the mud.. then I'll throw on my G-Shock.

[IMG][/IMG]
      06-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #36
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Np2014 View Post
I am a huge watch fanatic and love all brands. I have an Omega planet Ocean caliber 2500 and an Omega constellation gold half bar quartz. Both Omegas are very reliable watches my Planet Ocean is never more than 5 seconds off if not less and is my daily go to watch. I have two AP's my ROC has been flawless but i had my Diver sent into AP in Fl because it was running over 2 minutes fast but the issues was resolved by AP. My Rolex Deepsea and my Date Just have been great watches with no issues at all. I personally think its hit or miss on quality issues all of my watches were bought brand new from authorized dealers. My next watch will be PP aquanaut or Nautilus down the road.
Nice assortment of watches.

Beware the Nautilus/Aquanaut. It's (they are the same thing but for looks) such a great watch that it'll easily end up becoming your daily wearer, making all the others seem pointless. It's not that the PPs you mentioned will do anything better than the others, it's just that the styling of them is so versatile, and they are such rugged watches too, that it's hard not to just put either one on and keep it on. On the other hand, there's worse "problems" to have. LOL

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:16 AM   #37
ALPINE_997
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997TT

NO love for the Hublots or Cartiers?

Rolex branding is second to none and their demand and resale value reflects that. Patek's are great as well but I think they are bland in style in my opinion.

I don't assume someone with a high end luxury watch are asshats or douches. I am glad they are enjoying the fruits of their labor, family money, theft or lottery winnings

Cars sometimes reflects more of who a person is than a watch does.

I picked up a Cartier Calibre Rose/Steel and I get more compliments on the watch than any Rolex or Hublot I have worn. I don't wear watches for others to look but more so because I enjoy watches. I don't get into the technical aspects of watches because it's not what makes me want to buy a watch. It helps me appreciate it but its really how a watch looks aesthetically to me that makes me want it or not.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes I think I am blind
      06-29-2014, 11:58 PM   #38
AlpineV8
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997 View Post
NO love for the Hublots or Cartiers?

Rolex branding is second to none and their demand and resale value reflects that. Patek's are great as well but I think they are bland in style in my opinion.

I don't assume someone with a high end luxury watch are asshats or douches. I am glad they are enjoying the fruits of their labor, family money, theft or lottery winnings

Cars sometimes reflects more of who a person is than a watch does.

I picked up a Cartier Calibre Rose/Steel and I get more compliments on the watch than any Rolex or Hublot I have worn. I don't wear watches for others to look but more so because I enjoy watches. I don't get into the technical aspects of watches because it's not what makes me want to buy a watch. It helps me appreciate it but its really how a watch looks aesthetically to me that makes me want it or not.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes I think I am blind
Had a close look (on my wrist ) of a Cartier Roadster yesterday. All I can say is, I had my mind made up on getting a Panerai Luminor next but now I'm not so sure...
      06-30-2014, 12:47 AM   #39
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Interesting thread. A few things from my viewpoint. First the BMW that we bought/own is a terrible investment as a depreciating asset. A fine watch such as a Rolex is a much better use of money and is an alternative store of value, particularly if has some precious metal content. Over the years, you'll probably get the same/more than you paid for it, although it is unlikely you'll ever sell it and it probably won't keep up with inflation, but is much better than buying a car (aside from collectables). Same goes for other stores of values that you can also derive enjoyment from, i.e., wine, jewelry, diamonds, art, collectables. Also, watches have heirloom or sentimental value that goes beyond any price. For example, I'm highly likely to pass my Rolex down to my son and it will probably mean a lot to him at some point. Also, my wife has a matching Rolex (also will be passed to our daughter), so in a way is like a "wedding band" that ties us together. I asked her the other day if she wanted to upgrade and she replied that she is never getting rid of hers, because I surprised her with it, when we got our matching watches at the same time.

Bottom line is you should buy something that you enjoy and that works and only do so after you are in a financial position to do so. My Rolex has taken a huge beating and it literally keeps on ticking..I used to go through less expensive watches all the time and they would always crack, bands would break, the glass gets scratched, clamps have issues etc. There are definitely other well made watches that are of the same quality, so just depends on preference. Also, is nice to have a watch "for all occasions" (just like our M3s are cars for all occasions) and with a Rolex/comparable watch, you can wear it all the time, any occasion, looks great on special occasions etc. Yes its part of a brand thing, but we're all driving BMWs, so don't lie to yourself and say that brands don't mean something to you (quality, uniqueness, image, durability, flexibility, emotion, etc etc). Just that some people prefer cars, others prefer watches, others prefer wines, etc. Nothing wrong with enjoying luxury items, but make sure you/your loved ones are the one deriving the enjoyment from it. Ask yourself if no one knew you had a Rolex/Omega, etc, would you have a huge issue with that?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #40
Klassen iD Wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Omega did a great job in instilling the suave persona of 007 into its brand and it's priced fairly enough to not give off if any, unpleasant impressions a Rolex might. As timeless as the Rolex Daytona is, a sleek Omega Speedmaster, i.e. the new Lunar Dust (http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/hands-o...nal-lunar-dust), is a much easier daily watch.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #41
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

a few months ago there was a jeweler store closing sale. They carried an assortment of brands... and maybe the best was Tag and Rolex.

while a lady sales was trying to sell my friend a Tag with 20% off, I went over to checkout the Rolex area. I'm not a fan of the looks of Rolex.. and never really cared about "movements" & etc, more just liked the looks of Omega. While checking out the Rolex submariners another sales came over asked if I wanted to try one on. I said oh thanks but I'm more of an Omega guy - didn't like how Rolex looked but thanks for the offer.
Then the sales guy proceeded to snobbishly lecture me about how his Rolex is simply more "prestigious", "holds value better overtime", "not made in china", and "makes you appear more successful".
      08-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #42
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

I have 15 TAG, OMEGA and Rolex.

In terms of 'brand' Rolex is leagues ahead (at least here in UK, where it's often voted no.1 brand).

In terms of build, for me, Omega, shade Rolex.

Which would I choose if I could only have one?
A Rolex, obviously!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #43
1stm235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Estoril blue m235i

Rolex is more prestige than omega when i wear my speedmaster no one notice it
But for my rolex its a diff story
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #44
DocMick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB F10 M5

Omega fit and finish is better than Rolex. And I say this as a Rolex/Pam guy who owns no Omegas at this time.
Appreciate 0