BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-05-2020, 11:06 PM   #23
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
Look at this freaking place for $630k. Would be over $2M in my area.

See what I found on #Zillow!
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...47933654_zpid/
Plus this guy lives next door. So, you know, if you ever need help disposing of that body I'm sure he can assist!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...47933656_zpid/
Have to ask him for the paint code on those cabinets, loving that teal.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11446.00
kscarrol8752.00
      07-06-2020, 12:35 AM   #24
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

To each their own I suppose. I like living in a suburb of a large city, that way you get the best of both worlds. I like being near nice restaurants, bars, shopping, walkable areas, etc. I even find Orange County to be a bit too boring.

Unfortunately prices in large metropolitan areas keep skyrocketing. Seems like every year you get less for your money.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 02:56 AM   #25
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
I painted mine similar color. Color of the year (pre covid)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 06:52 AM   #26
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
To each their own I suppose. I like living in a suburb of a large city, that way you get the best of both worlds. I like being near nice restaurants, bars, shopping, walkable areas, etc. I even find Orange County to be a bit too boring.

Unfortunately prices in large metropolitan areas keep skyrocketing. Seems like every year you get less for your money.
My wife eats us to live in San Clemente for a yr... any good reasons why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 07:49 AM   #27
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Quote:
I painted mine similar color. Color of the year (pre covid)
Is that right? I thought the color of the year was red.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 07:52 AM   #28
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Yes, I really want to do a mid century modern.

I'm in real estate myself, so would look for a fixer upper. Main thing for me is finding a nice piece of property. Would buy something now if I can find a deal and fix up before moving in next summer.
Nice. I'm slowly building a collection of mid-century modern art. The aesthetics of the era are crisp and timeless.

Good choice!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #29
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Plus this guy lives next door. So, you know, if you ever need help disposing of that body I'm sure he can assist!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...47933656_zpid/
No joke. Disturbia level: Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Like living next to a nuke plant.
With the control rods fully retracted.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 10:16 AM   #30
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Considering AZ - Tucson area, just need to finish up some work on this house and find a place we like there.
Look at the Oro Valley, Northern Marana areas. We moved to Tucson from Chicago just over 2 years ago. I certainly miss Chicago but do not miss illinois one bit.
      07-06-2020, 10:46 AM   #31
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
Look at the Oro Valley, Northern Marana areas. We moved to Tucson from Chicago just over 2 years ago. I certainly miss Chicago but do not miss illinois one bit.
Yep, that’s where we’re looking. Already toured a couple places in Stone Canyon.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 10:55 AM   #32
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

We lived in country, hour west of DC for a few years...miss until this day. (grew up inside beltway)Since having kids, we lived in suburbs. We have been looking at property, 3-10 acres (I'd go more but being 52, decided 40 acres may be too much to take care of !! Although riding around on tractor not tough, have before)

There are plenty of cities you can live 30 minutes or so from, be out in nowhere, back to malls, Dr's, restaurants well under 30 minutes.

You can here in Richmond, Charlottesville (job market tougher) etc. You avoid the madness of traffic and chaos, and pick and choose when you get it.

AND if something goes nuts, sitting out on well with whole house generator, makes things nice.

There are some solid "rural" counties in Virginia with good schools, some bad too, not sure on other states.

"More trees, less people" - world is not going to get nicer...

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 10:58 AM   #33
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Yep, that’s where we’re looking. Already toured a couple places in Stone Canyon.
Nice!
Were a little farther up north, just past gladden farms area. Some decent car shows/meets here but not a huge car scene. Not like phoenix.
      07-06-2020, 11:18 AM   #34
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I have the best of both. I'm in unicorporated county, but within a 1/4 mile of 101 freeway (and Santa!) Horses walked each night down the street, I have 20 chickens, and about 1/3 acre.

Oh, and the construction loan was $245k to upgrade from 2.5 bed, 1 bath -> 5 bed, 3 bath. Will be paid off 2/21
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #35
rwheels
Major
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
After covid there will be a massive migration all over the world - many will leave densely populated areas.
At least until everyone moves to the densely populated areas.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 01:32 PM   #36
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
I'm honestly considering moving out of the Suburbs and into a more secluded area.

I live in a pretty cookie cutter neighborhood currently, HOA, security, the whole deal. And have honestly liked it this way for years, but, with current events, I am considering moving to north FL area where its less populated and can build out a decent house for about half what mine costs currently. Might even do a nice garage and wash bay or something if I find a good enough deal.

Anyone else considering a move next year sometime?

This isn't even COVID specific, but rather just wanting to get away from the masses in general.

The only issue that my wife has brought up, is schooling. Not sure how the schooling and social scene are going to be in the sticks and really don't want to do any home schooling.
Where in Tampa are you? How long have you been in Florida? I lived in Pinellas for 13 years, moved to Atlanta suburbs a few months ago. Different parts of Florida are completely different worlds from one another. Have you ever visited Deland?
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2020, 01:36 PM   #37
quick6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

That home in Deland appears to have been on the market for a year-seems like a long time. Could be its well above the median price so be careful! Lots of chores with that property.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 02:09 PM   #38
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Why do you want to move to the country again? There's 24/7 gunshots, no services, in-bred families, mosquitos, rutted dirt roads that destroy BMW's, crappy cellular coverage, limited high-speed Internet. Oh, and I haven't even gotten to the banjo music from the woods at sunset every evening!

<== Lives in the sticks, has 400+ acres of undeveloped/wooded county parkland as my neighbor on two sides, and 2,200+ acres of state forest as my neighbor on a third side. Well water, septic, no natural gas, and will never see fiber Internet in my lifetime. Bugs so vicious that we can't even use our deck except in the winter. Crazy city folks descend on the place like clockwork every hunting season, shooting at anything that moves...including each other. I don't know why anyone from civilization would want to live out here in the country.....
      07-06-2020, 02:12 PM   #39
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
I've been to San Clemente a few times for the beaches and South OC cars & coffee, which I believe is the largest weekly c&c even in southern California.

It's a nice place, quiet and peaceful. It's the last OC beach town before PCH ends and I5 becomes the only connection to the San Diego area through Camp Pendleton.

Newport is the most commercialized so that's where the malls and most of the entertainment options are. There's quicker access to LA from there as well. Laguna is nice balance between having bars/restaurants while still maintaining a beach vibe.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 02:40 PM   #40
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Why do you want to move to the country again? There's 24/7 gunshots, no services, in-bred families, mosquitos, rutted dirt roads that destroy BMW's, crappy cellular coverage, limited high-speed Internet. Oh, and I haven't even gotten to the banjo music from the woods at sunset every evening!

<== Lives in the sticks, has 400+ acres of undeveloped/wooded county parkland as my neighbor on two sides, and 2,200+ acres of state forest as my neighbor on a third side. Well water, septic, no natural gas, and will never see fiber Internet in my lifetime. Bugs so vicious that we can't even use our deck except in the winter. Crazy city folks descend on the place like clockwork every hunting season, shooting at anything that moves...including each other. I don't know why anyone from civilization would want to live out here in the country.....
Stop trying to scare us away! We coming!!!!

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #41
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Movin to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 07:11 PM   #42
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post

Other than the inbreeding, sounds like a good time.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 07:16 PM   #43
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
I've been to San Clemente a few times for the beaches and South OC cars & coffee, which I believe is the largest weekly c&c even in southern California.

It's a nice place, quiet and peaceful. It's the last OC beach town before PCH ends and I5 becomes the only connection to the San Diego area through Camp Pendleton.

Newport is the most commercialized so that's where the malls and most of the entertainment options are. There's quicker access to LA from there as well. Laguna is nice balance between having bars/restaurants while still maintaining a beach vibe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Quote:
I'm honestly considering moving out of the Suburbs and into a more secluded area.

I live in a pretty cookie cutter neighborhood currently, HOA, security, the whole deal. And have honestly liked it this way for years, but, with current events, I am considering moving to north FL area where its less populated and can build out a decent house for about half what mine costs currently. Might even do a nice garage and wash bay or something if I find a good enough deal.

Anyone else considering a move next year sometime?

This isn't even COVID specific, but rather just wanting to get away from the masses in general.

The only issue that my wife has brought up, is schooling. Not sure how the schooling and social scene are going to be in the sticks and really don't want to do any home schooling.
Where in Tampa are you? How long have you been in Florida? I lived in Pinellas for 13 years, moved to Atlanta suburbs a few months ago. Different parts of Florida are completely different worlds from one another. Have you ever visited Deland?
Quote:
Quote:

I've been to all 3 places 5 times or so... Laguna being my favorite - a tad pretentious - then Newport my sis in law lives there, San Clemente is close enough to Newport for my wife to see Sis and me to see my SD friends. Plan is to go test the waters for 1 yr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9652.00
      07-06-2020, 07:48 PM   #44
rwheels
Major
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post