BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

02-16-2024, 02:06 PM   #485
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Well said my friend. I'm 53. I remember 10yrs ago tearing my rotator cuff in my dominant right arm plus arthritis build up from years of lifting. Then electing not to have surgery. I was instructed not to lift weights by my sports doctor and PCP for at least 9 months if i wanted to heal and recover properly. During that time, I lost @ 25lbs of muscle and put on @ 30lbs of fat and water weight. Although I regained full motion and use of my right arm through therapy, cortisone and plasms injections, my journey took 2yrs to get myself back into the shape I was used to. Aging and slow metabolism is a "undefeated titan". LOL!
Have you looked into other medical alternatives like peptides or stemcells? I've been doing some light reading on this stuff but can't really find anything conclusive. However, I am holding out hope that with advances in medicine I will eventually be able to have my lower back repaired.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 10:44 AM   #486
Dan B
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

My experience: I struggled to keep weight off, was losing muscle mass, and was constantly exhausted. Tried a lot of different things but nothing worked.

Long story short, as a byproduct of blood work for a massive spike in PSA (everything ok just an infection) it turns out my body quit producing testosterone. I now take weekly injections, and while I have not lost a lot of weight (fat to muscle), I did have had to buy a belt 5 inches smaller.

TLDR, see if you can get a comprehensive blood panel to see if everything is working as it should.
Appreciate 1
chassis6336.00
      02-22-2024, 12:58 PM   #487
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Have you looked into other medical alternatives like peptides or stemcells? I've been doing some light reading on this stuff but can't really find anything conclusive. However, I am holding out hope that with advances in medicine I will eventually be able to have my lower back repaired.
I have read about this but haven't explored. Definitely interesting and I can see the benefits based on its current application and success.
Appreciate 1
xander_g955.00
      02-22-2024, 07:42 PM   #488
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

I've been seeing a lot of this lately. The "stop counting calories and just eat better" theory. While I dropped 90lbs while "counting calories," I can see their point about the inaccuracy of both calories burned estimates and calories contained in foods. For a few years now (since the pandemic started), Wifey and I have been doing way more cooking at home, which means way less ultra-processed foods. And I've even started cutting back further by checking the ingredient lists of simple things like bread. I've pretty much adopted their view that if the ingredient list contains a bunch of chemistry set stuff you don't normally have in your kitchen, then skip it.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
chassis6336.00